10 Signs Your Energy Field & Chakras are Out of Whack.

Via on Mar 17, 2015

4223625382_704fbb9e69_o

“When your chakras are aligned, you have the most direct access to Source, however you may define Source (within yourself, outside yourself, or both simultaneously). Just as you hold a glass under the tap so it can be filled, we align with Source by facing into it, turning our attention toward it, and opening our ‘vessel’ in the most direct way possible to receive whatever we are seeking (or whatever Source has in mind). Aligning with Source should be a regular part of your practice whenever you’re focused on manifestation.” ~ Anodea Judith and Lion Goodman, Creating on Purpose

The other day I was visiting with some friends and we were talking about chakras and manifesting, when their 10-year-old son, who was listening to the conversation, interrupted us with this:

“I don’t believe in any of that stuff. What you see is what you see. I just file all of that crazy stuff in my mind as Feng Shui.”

But here is the interesting thing—whether we believe in the reality of energy fields and chakras or we don’t believe in the reality of energy fields and chakras, we are affected by their the reality just the same.

Of course, the concepts of energy fields and chakras are pretty intangible and elusive to many of us, and this is normal. But perhaps it is normal because we’re so caught up with the next iPhone we’re going to purchase or the most recent post on our Facebook wall that we’re missing what is literally right in front of our faces.

And we’re missing it because we lack the skills, motivation and, more importantly, belief.

But we all know that belief does not make something real or not real.

I can’t believe gravity to be real or not real. I can’t believe the wifi connecting me to the internet is real or not real. There are a lot of things we can’t see that we can’t use belief to make exist or not exist.

But belief does give us a choice.

We can feel powerless.

We can feel like there’s nothing we can do to effect change in our lives.

Or we can become curious and start investigating what some healthy choices might be in the area of energetic and chakra hygiene.

Truly, the choice is up to each of us.

So, below I am offering 10 signs that can point to the fact that our energy fields and chakras could use some extra love and attention.

1. Feeling overwhelmed easily.

2. Having difficulty making small decisions.

3. Having difficulty having enough money.

4. Having difficulty securing housing.

5. Feeling unsatisfied in relationships.

6. Exhaustion.

7. Finding it impossible to believe in anything.

8. Being uninterested in sex, having fun or creativity.

9. Feeling anxious, stressed or depressed.

10. Not knowing what to do in life.

Yes, these are all very common symptoms.

And this isn’t surprising to me because when our energy field is spread out way too far from our body what happens is that we take in too much information.

This is the true meaning of attention overload.

Many times when I have a session with a client their energy field isn’t even in the room.

Imagine walking around town taking in information from everything going on in the entire city block you’re walking down, or the entire office building you work in. This would be maddening. And many people do find their daily experiences to be maddening, overwhelming and more than they feel they can handle.

And the simple exercise of pulling in our energy fields closer to our bodies can mitigate some of these negative feelings and sensations.

It does take some practice and intention to learn how to work with our energy field in this way, but I believe it is possible for everyone.

And then there are our chakras.

Our information center processors.

The chakras channel information in and out of our systems. If the chakras are blocked then we have to make all of the decisions on our own without the support of these powerful movers and shakers. And this can be very difficult. And exhausting. And can make it feel like we’re putting in a lot effort into our lives for little result.

Just like the quote at the beginning of the article says. When the chakras are aligned the glass fills easily.

When the chakras are aligned what we want becomes clear and getting it becomes easy.

I have had this experience happen in my own life many times.

But of course, I have also had the opposite experience of nothing working out. We all have. I have been exhausted, overwhelmed and felt like my life is never going to come together the way I want it to. And actually, I couldn’t even figure out how I wanted it to come together.

This isn’t a sign of failure. It’s just a sign that we’re human. And it just means normal human stuff is happening to us. But when we’re open to working with the energy field and chakras we have many tools at our disposal to move towards towards health, healing and opportunity.

And all it takes is intention.

The intention to care that our energy field and chakras are healthy and supporting us.

Because the external world is simply a reflection of our internal world. And the internal world gets knocked around daily by the circumstances that occur in the external world.

Life is a delicate dance of internal alignment and external circumstances.

And some of this dance is in our control and some of it isn’t.

But here is what I know. The dance goes much smoother if we can just choose to go right to the middle of the dance floor and boogie our hearts out.

And while were in the middle of the dance floor of our life we can send some love and healing to our energy field and chakras.

Relephant:

Chakras: The Energy Within.

The tips for burn-out might even help us align our chakras:

~

Author: Ruth Lera

Editor: Travis May

Photo: Flickr/Scott Leslie

About Ruth Lera

Ruth Lera is a mindfulness meditation teacher, energy healer, writer and boreal forest loiterer. She is the creator and teacher of the online school The Self Healing Academy which offers courses designed to help students tap into their innate ability to heal themselves. Besides being a regular contributor for elephant journal, Ruth shares her thoughts on energy healing and the universe on her blog, Facebook page, and on Twitter.

Comments

27 Responses to “10 Signs Your Energy Field & Chakras are Out of Whack.”

1. laughoutloudita says:

beautiful article… i realize this piece discusses "ways to know," but i feel like i speak for at least a handful of readers when i say, please come out with a sequel article that discusses ways to align chakras to handle above-mentioned indications of misaligned chakras! i often had a "yes… now, what can i do?" reaction throughout your article. just my thoughts! thanks for sharing this article…

2. Fia says:

Ruth, what you’re saying feels right and wise, but the article says just the same thing over and over again in very slightly different ways. It’s lacking substance and meat. All it tells me is this: it’s important for wellbeing to have your chakras aligned. Anyone who practises yoga and meditation already knows that. Waiting for an elaborative sequel.

3. ssm says:

Completely agree with the above comment. Beautiful article but how do we realign our chakras?! Dying to know because mine needs lots of it…

4. InaCat says:

I’m actually going to spend the day trying to ‘find’ my energy field again…because as I went down that list, it kinda dawned on me that one of the things I have lost track of is what I used to call my ‘core’…and yes, I am trying too hard to take care of too much, to the point that I haven’t been taking care of myself, and that lack has come close to a sucking depression.

so I’m with ^^ a follow up to this article? would be most welcome.

5. Shruti says:

Great article..The way u put it up is simple and dat does the trick..
    when u said “It does take some practice and intention to learn how to work with our energy field”.. were u refering to pranic healing? or are there other ways ? Pranic healing is very simple of course..

6. Barbara says:

"Life is a delicate dance of internal alignment and external circumstances." Love this!

7. Ruth Lera Ruth Lera says:

Hey everyone,

I love that this article has resonated so much with people. And what I really want to do is give more information to people about how to work with their own energy fields and chakras.

But at the moment I do this in a 6 week intensive course assisting students in a very personal way.

So, you can imagine getting that information out to people in an elephant journal article is going to be an interesting challenge.

But I am up for it!

As we speak, I am thinking and dreaming and scheming and hope to have something in writing for all of you next week.

Lot’s of Love!

Ruth

8. Ziggy3339 says:

Ruth,

I’ve never heard of energy fields being too far out from our bodies. This resonates with me. I was diagnosed with breast cancer nov 2014 and when calling the doctors office there was so much dischord there that it felt like bee stings on my body (over the phone!)

I’m on track to total recovery with the support of just the right people at the right time. You are one of those. I’m going to visualize my energy field called back closer, balancing my chakras daily and the rest of my brand new wonderful life regimen. Head bowed in gratitude to your spirit for sharing this wisdom! May this day be riddled with gifts right back to you.

9. Donna says:

For those interested in clearing chakras, check out Donna Eden Energy Medicine on youtube. She will lead you through it. I also highly recommend her books (and her courses). I’ve learned so much valuable information that relates to our energy.

10. Frank says:

Can you please reference me under what shastra, lineage, or proper tantric teacher with parampara you have gotten diksha and also talks about “aligning” the chakras?

11. Rob M. Luci says:

A simple 1 minute exercise done 3 times a day has been medically developed with pranic healing concepts by Dr Manfred Doepp a doctor of Nuclear Medicine. The exercise assists in aligning chakras and purifying the bio-energy field, esp. low pulse RF / wifi frequencies which wreaks havoc on our bio-physical and subtle bodies , and are increasing on a daily basis with more infrastructure and wifi modems and the worst culprit smart-meters in domestic dwellings .

12. RollDdice says:

I know very little about this area, but came here with an open mind to learn more and get some guidance.

Instead, the first sentence introduces a 10 year old who doesn't believe in chakras the way his parents (and this author) do. Ms. Lera's response? "And I have to say, this little speech was pretty cute, coming at us from a face covered in freckles." What a condescending, higher-plane-than-thou suppressive attitude. This was a 10 year old with a concise statement of his beliefs, not a toddler who says, "Gimme juicebox." How about explaining why you believe chakras are real and demonstrable in our lives instead of dismissing him?

This leads to the following topic statement: "But here is the interesting thing—whether we believe in the reality of energy fields and chakras or we don’t believe in the reality of energy fields and chakras, we are affected by their the [sic] reality just the same." This is never explained or defended. Try substituting the words "pixie dust" for energy fields and "unicorns" for chakras. I don't believe in either of them and I would need some evidence, reasoning or logic to show that I am affected by their reality just the same.

It seems that someone needs to work her own "chakra hygiene" when it comes to interacting with others.

13. Ruth Lera says:

Hi Rolldice(I am not sure what else to call you),

I really appreciate this response to the article because I have been thinking the exact same thing as you just today. I have been thinking about how talking about how people don't believe in energy fields and chakras in all of my articles really takes away from the main message I want to present. Which is that working with our energy fields and chakras is a downright practical way to help us in our lives.

Because this is what I know. I feel energy fields with my hands. I feel chakras with my hands and when I clear out the trauma and pain in the energy field and chakras for people their lives work better.

Here is also what I know. Over 130,000 people clicked on this article because people are suffering. They are in emotional and physical and sometimes spiritual discomfort and they are curious about what could help them. Many people are trying the conventional medical route and simply getting nowhere.

And what I personally really care about is finding practical, useful ways people can reduce their own suffering.

And I think working with the energy field and chakras works. I see it work for people everyday.

So, I am sorry 'Rolldice' that you didn't find the information you were looking for in this article. For more Scientific information about the chakras and energy fields I would recommend the book Hands of Light by Barbara Brennan. She is an ex NASA scientist who goes into the 'evidence' in quite a bit of depth.

Thanks,
    Ruth

14. georgiawilder says:

The chakra descriptions look like Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs – I never thought of it like that before, but now that I see it, I'm realising that it's probably the other way around!

15. guy says:

hi sweetheart,

what i do is lie down, or sit,

align ur chakras (like a tube)

let things happen, its ok.

sweethearts, not too long, 1 minute or 2,

love, peace

16. Mark says:

Ruth, just read this. Awesome! Thanks..

17. Ann says:

One of the best ways to clear your chakras yourself is practicing yoga, deep breathing, being out in nature under the sun or moon, especially new moons and eclipse’s . Imagine the moonlight/sunlight coming down into your crown chakra and continuing down your body through each chakra. When you get down to the last chakra, imagine the white light going down through your feet into the earth , deep into its core and releasing all negative energy into the earths core. There are many books out there to also help you. And seeing an energy worker is also great but can be costly.

18. Andrea Cannon says:

So how can I heal and balance my chakras?