How to Keep your Prostate Healthy.

Via elephant journal
on Feb 20, 2011
get elephant's newsletter

Rockstar / Yoga fanman Adam Levine of Maroon 5 gets sexy for prostate & testicular cancer prevention.

How to Keep your Prostate Healthy: Click here.

For more: Adam Levine Does Yoga! Should We Care?

Update: via Yogadork, he does yoga. Video.

Don’t worry, nothing’s actually showing—his model girlfriend lent a hand.

Photos: British Cosmo.

Hands:Adam’s girlfriend, model and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue star Anne Vyalitsyna:

Bonus:

~

For more: Who Cares if Adam Levine Does Yoga?

Below interview of Adam Levine via Blisstree, Yogadork and, originally, Women’s Health:

Did it change how you work out?
I had been lifting weights for years. After our first yoga session, I vowed never to lift another weight again.

Do you believe in the mind-body connection?
I was skeptical, to say the least. I was wary of the cliche´s associated with yoga: spirituality used as a marketing tool or Eastern philosophy sold at Starbucks to disenchanted lawyers and accountants looking for meaning. What I soon realized is that yoga welcomes everyone—that’s extremely appealing.

How do you maintain your practice on tour?
Being a traveler, yoga is by far the most convenient way to exercise while I’m on the road. You don’t need anything but a few feet of space and a mat. And I can always find at least an hour a day to practice.

(Levine made videos with his teacher to take on the road with him.)

What is your advice to people who think they are too inflexible to do yoga?
Start simple. Yoga will drastically improve you in every way imaginable. But let’s face it, I only practice yoga because the classes are always packed with beautiful women. (I am totally kidding.)

About elephant journal

elephant journal is dedicated to "bringing together those working (and playing) to create enlightened society." We're about anything that helps us to live a good life that's also good for others, and our planet. >>> Founded as a print magazine in 2002, we went national in 2005 and then (because mainstream magazine distribution is wildly inefficient from an eco-responsible point of view) transitioned online in 2009. >>> elephant's been named to 30 top new media lists, and was voted #1 in the US on twitter's Shorty Awards for #green content...two years running. >>> Get involved: > Subscribe to our free Best of the Week e-newsletter. > Follow us on Twitter Fan us on Facebook. > Write: send article or query. > Advertise. > Pay for what you read, help indie journalism survive and thrive.

Comments

69 Responses to “How to Keep your Prostate Healthy.”

1. Sam says:

Makeup and pierced ears are abnormal and in no way necessary. We are not born with makeup on, and we do not need it in order to survive. I am twenty and I do not, nor ever will, wear makeup and I am surviving just fine. Many would argue that not wearing makeup is actually better for your skin and body in the long run. Makeup and piercings fall under the same category as tattoos: body modification.

2. SeanW says:

I was under the mistaken impression that yoga allowed for mistakes. Being someone who is interested in yoga and looking for an introduction to it that suits my schedule and desire for non-judgmental instruction — I can see, based on the comments here, that if you engage in yoga you are opening yourself up to a lot of criticism (not to mention having your instructor criticized as well) of technique, personal appearance, and method.

Unrealistic as it may seem I'm hoping to find a discipline that is more supportive and less judgmental.

But thanks for the heads up with this website. Clearly the social component is full of critics just like in every other religion.

3. Micky says:

Hi,
    Its really amazing article great work in this blog.
    Thanks for the posting.

4. Monte Gale says:

Unique handmade wedding gowns seems to me pretty stunning and I'm very much impressed to see all of the above Eco-friendly wedding dress indeed!

5. Most yoga texts advise that one should preserve the life force of semen. This article does nothing but use sex appeal to drive traffice to EJ's sites for Search Engine Optimization. This website is dieing a slow death. Just let the suffering end.

6. Rogelio Nunez says:

He must be using his rt. hand too much, for masturbation, because he cant staighten the rt arm completely in down dog….

7. OMG.. what a look he has ! He is awesome !

8. Kitty says:

Interesting! You can show a vagina but not a penis!

9. Paula says:

I'm 41,4 kids, corporate management job, 4 kids, and find him to be incredibly sexy! Love the tattoos :).

10. Kathy says:

Yep. No alignment instruction. Hand placement is so important in dog pose, The index finger side of his hand was lifted off the mat. His hips were not squared to front of mat for warrior I. His elbows were not positioned over wrists for chaturanga. I kept wanting to step in and give him alignment cues. Poor Adam. His practice would benefit so much with more thorough instruction.

11. Janice says:

what a fucking bunch of bullshit. it was a good cause until i viewed this. what are u thinking?

12. Jessica says:

Kudos to Adam for: (1) bringing more mainstream attention to the multitudinous health benefits of yoga (2) giving guys masculine 'permission' to embrace it (3) making it rockstar-cool and sexy (I mean of course it already was – but who can deny how great he looks! 🙂 I think these are things that we can all celebrate.

Yes, these kinds of messages are still needed! I just had a doctor tell me that yoga was 'just for stretching' and was no good to increase bone density (aka not load bearing). Yikes!

13. Lisa says:

Don't let it turn you off. Yoga can be really be great and it is really good for the body and mind. 🙂

14. Guest says:

Tiny little man with a nasally singing voice. I liked him better as Prince.

15. erikbukos says:

I'm glad yoga has kept his ego in control.

16. erikbukos says:

Sean, check out meetup<dot>com look for some yoga in the park or beach. Try some promo offers at some studios. You'll will find a great class if you look around and it will change your life if you work at it. Honestly, this article deserves the negativity because it's just a piece of sad click-bait. Also, if you, Adam Levine, want people to watch you on video…..you should really set a good example of a yoga practice. Some of these comments are warranted.

17. Frank Torchio says:

Nothing wrong with a small penis. A woman I know once told me that guys with big dicks are just big dicks. Sexual satisfaction is not contingent on the size of a man's penis.

18. Richa says:

Tapas (tapas, Sanskrit: तपस्) means deep meditation, effort to achieve self-realization.

It is derived from the word tap (Sanskrit: तप् or ताप) which depending on context means “heat” from fire or weather, or blaze, burn, shine, penance, pain, suffering, mortification.

19. Kim Mann says:

I'm a woman and size does matter!! But then … I suppose if his sole purpose is to pleasure himself, then it doesn't matter.