- Everyone seems to have an opinion on where home prices are headed. Housing bulls are saying prices may start rebounding as early as later this year. Some housing bears are saying that prices may still drop another 10-15%. What actually is going to happen? No one knows for sure.
However, Macro Markets, a financial technology company, actually surveyed 108 economists, real estate experts, and investment and market strategists for their June 2011 Home Price Expectations Survey. They then averaged all 108 opinions. Here is what the report says about house prices over the next five years:
- 2011: prices will depreciate 3.52%
- 2012: prices will appreciate .46%
- 2013: prices will appreciate 2.18%
- 2014: prices will appreciate 2.92%
- 2015: prices will appreciate 3.47%
Accumulative appreciation (including this year’s projected depreciation) will stand at 5.71% in 2015.
The experts say home prices will begin to see appreciation next year and return to historic levels of annual appreciation by 2015.
Reprinted from Keeping Current Matters – KCM Blog
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 78,598 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 11,054 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 14,938 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,693 shares We can’t Break Up with a Soulmate. 3,079 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 12,698 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,284 shares This Venus Retrograde could bring you a Fated Love. 1,077 share This is what Happened when I Started taking French Baths. 1,586 share