New “Equinox” Yoga video.

Via Waylon Lewis
on Jan 23, 2012
get elephant's newsletter

Yoga by Equinox: the Parody.

Oh my god. I just cried and freaked out my dog I was laughing so hard.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV2Fm-wxgOo[/youtube]

Humorist Michael A. Stusser (“The Dead Guy Interviews”) spoofs the recent “controversial” yoga video from Equinox and the beautiful, inspirational and, yes, sexy Briohny Smyth. www.michaelstusser.com

~

Ahhhhh…after all the controversy, a simple laugh.

The Original.

(We published interviews and various povs on this video afterward, but this blog broke the video first nationally…well, after Reddit’s yoga section, which is truly reader-created).

About Waylon Lewis

Comments

19 Responses to “New “Equinox” Yoga video.”

1. bahahaha " I just cried and freaked out my dog I was laughing so hard." YES! If I had a dog he would have been freaked out as well-good thing my kids were sleeping–I so needed this! Thanks!

2. hahahah the pillow at the end was the best!!

3. Ben_Ralston says:

Hehehe, excellent. I love the bra 'prop'.

4. […] interpretazioni di una sequenza di Astanga Yoga da parte di una donna e di un uomo. L'insegnante di yoga Briohny Smyth L'esecuzione dello scrittore Michael […]

5. Me too. That was the best part! 😉

6. Ahhahahahhah! Yes!

7. LIZ says:

That's so much better! Thank you for making me feel good about myself!

8. Meredith says:

Hilarious!

9. Eric says:

…it's about time someone objectified furry, middle-aged guys. love the gratuitous close-ups of his but-TAWKS…
    (my dog sneaks up and pokes me with squeaky toys when I try to practice in my living room…that makes it hard to take myself very seriously 🙂

10. Michael says:

Me too — I did not laugh and I thought it was beautiful! Honestly, truly, I liked this just as much as the other video. What I liked (and yes, found sexy) in both videos is the image of an individual authentically doing their practice . . . no brand names, no yoga uniform, no "teachers", etc., just the individual and his/her practice.

11. Steve says:

I agree with Michael, the original was amazing and this one also demonstrates some of their inner beauty and it also does it with some humor. Better yet!

12. catnipkiss says:

The pillow throw at the end was the best!!

13. elephantjournal says:

Yah, why no complaints about the hungry gaze of the camera over Michael's hot, heaving, hairy torso!? ~ Waylon

14. It's actually awesome to see a video of somebody whose practice looks like mine (though, alas, I have nobody to throw a pillow at me when it's done…).

15. Michael says:

Seriously! How come if this was a hot, cut young guy wearing the exact same thing in the same video, it would be about sex. But since he is just normal, it is a funny parody?

16. Sybil says:

Yeah…..I'm quite impressed with this dude. Made me smile.

17. Vision_Quest2 says:

In our culture, unfortunately, the old, the stocky, the hairy, or the awkward (any or all…Jon Heder is very skinny, young and even athletic and he would have done superbly in a video like this, hardly being any more "studly" looking) …. have to be perceived through the funny filter first … then acceptability gets sprayed on.

Voila, the finished product is reality!

The portrayal – of course – was broader than it had to be … and that directed you towards funny.

18. sboyceb says:

Parody? What parody? I love it! And I so appreciate someone went through all the trouble to make it… After all the 1,000,0001 back and forths on the original video – This guy says it all –

THANK YOU!

19. Ali says:

I loved it too… beautiful!