Looking for some reasons that biking is good for our communities and the planet? We pulled together 10 good reasons to get on a bike.
- Women who bike 30 minutes a day have a lower risk of breast cancer.
- Bike commuters report lower stress and greater feelings of freedom, relaxation, and excitement than car commuters.
- Forty-seven percent of Americans say they would like more bike facilities in their communities.
- Traffic congestion wastes nearly three billion gallons of gas per year in the U.S.
- For every one mile pedaled rather than driven, about one pound of CO² is saved.
For the full list of 10, head on over to EcoSalon.
Editor: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 45,170 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,514 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,884 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,099 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,908 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 245 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 2,747 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 123 shares