This is the most beautiful, tasty and guilt free banana loaf you will ever make.
My friend Tara of the Tara List Solution came over to help me bake a healthy (without dairy, soy, refined sugar, and entirely gluten free) banana bread.
I’m telling you, this recipe is so good you will never want to eat any other banana bread. Keep it in the fridge after it cools and then enjoy a slice as a snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
2 cups of almond flour (depending on number of bananas used)
1 cup of coconut flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of maple syrup
3 tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) of coconut oil or ghee, melted
2 eggs (room temp)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 very ripe bananas
Optional: One cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit (we used chia seeds, yellow raisins, pecans, walnuts- the more the merrier.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mash bananas well with a fork, then add in eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix until well blended
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and whisk to mix well.
4. Add dry ingredients into the wet, and mix well
5. Add melted coconut oil/ghee and fold into the batter until well combined. (Now is also when you should fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, cranberries, raisins, chia seeds etc. if you’d like!)
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf. You want it to be browned at the top, that’s the part that tastes best!
7. Eat warm or cooled, and make sure to refrigerate the leftovers!
Like elephant food on elephant journal.com
Ed: Cat Beekmans
Photos: The Tara List