See also: Make Him Roar: 10 Things that Turn Men On.
Women can seem complicated compared to the opposite sex, however, we’re really quite simple creatures, turned on by the simplest pleasures.
There are a few easy ways to make us roar deep on the inside and most of them aren’t even sexual.
Here are some of my favourites.
- To be trusted—We want someone to have faith in us, to trust our judgement, our loyalty and our actions. Let us know that you can open up to us, be vulnerable and let us see exactly who you are. Put your trust in us and know that we are capable of as much as you, just sometimes in different ways. Don’t suffocate and try to hold on to our wings.
- A hot drink to wake up to—Regular or herbal tea, a coffee or whatever fires us up, waking up to a hot drink by our side can be the perfect way to rise on dark and chilly mornings.
- Sweets—Chocolate, jellies or old-school favourites. Come home with pockets filled with delights and you will be sure to earn guaranteed brownie points.
- Saying sorry and meaning it—A quality to be treasured and a certain heart melter. We all love to receive genuine heartfelt apologies when something has gone wrong. It repairs bridges, closes wounds and shouts out that the person who is offering it is conscious, authentically and willing to face up to their flaws and take the steps necessary to make amends. The sooner it is received, the better.
- The perfect bubble bath—Not just a regular bath; one exploding with bubbles, candles around the edges, warm fluffy towels ready, a glass of something delicious on the side and maybe even company. Those are the baths that really set our hearts racing.
- Picking up on what’s going on inside—If we’re happy, sad, angry or hurt we will usually send out strong subliminal messages. When those are picked up on, we know that we are really being noticed and paid attention to. Sometimes others can notice shifts in moods before we recognize it ourselves and if they do something that lifts our state of mind, it will calm, balance and soothe us. Yes, we are responsible for our own emotional levels, however, having someone close to us responding lovingly just reminds us once more how much we are loved.
- Keeping us safe—From spiders, monsters, bad hangovers, the cold, getting home safely, wearing a cycling helmet, holding a steadying hand when we wear our way-too-high-heels, there are so many different ways even the strongest and most independent woman likes to feel protected. And when it can feel slightly suffocating and patronising, we just need a gentle reminder that it comes from a place of love and we will smile and know that none of us are so tough that we can’t appreciate a bit of tender care when we are a little vulnerable.
- Remembering—Whether it’s a special date, our favourite book or what we said two minutes ago, we like to be listened to, recognised and to know that the things that are important to us have sunk in. Forget all else, if need be, just remember to remember the smallest things that mean such a lot.
- Doing the jobs we really hate or find difficult to do—Most relationships consist of teamwork. While one doesn’t mind certain jobs, the other may hate them. One might be able to fix and repair, the other hasn’t got a clue. That’s where the balance is found. So, when someone is proactive and does the things that we struggle to do, it’s another reminder of how fortunate we are to have someone in our lives that compliments us. No one wants to keep asking and pleading for certain things to be done, so when those things happen naturally, it’s a huge blessing.
- To be desired—Fully appreciated mind, body and soul. Be fully present in bed, make love like you mean it. Connect with us, make us feel like the most beautiful woman on the earth, love our every curve, how our body moves and how we make you feel. Show us, tell us and explore us deeply and completely.
Women are sensual creatures. While it may work for some, the majority of women are not so impressed with diamonds, glitz and dramatic displays of affection.
It’s the smallest things that count, the everyday things.
Showing a woman she is cherished, adored and cared for will be sure to expose her inner roar.