Elephant:Classic

This is for the Women Who don’t Believe They are Powerful.

Join Elephant Academy

mirrorwoman

You are powerful.

You can do anything you want.

Forget your circumstances and focus on what lies inside. If you want to be a writer, write. If you want to get in shape, exercise. If you want to be an artist, create art. If you want to be a good parent, become more involved. If you want a career, plan how you will achieve that. If you want adventure, go for it.

If you want to do just about anything, you can.

Your life and circumstances, in this current moment, do not define who you are.

You are more than your circumstances and you are more than your past.

You still have many choices. There is a person in there, a person who is powerful and capable of doing just about anything she wants with her life. You have the power to do anything you choose.

You are not broken.

Learn from your past, see it for what it was—but it does not define you either.

You are a fully capable and functioning woman of beauty and power. Think about what you have bravely marched through. Think of all the times you picked yourself up.

You are not broken.

You are capable and a lovely soul. You have much to offer. You may not feel like you are powerful, but feelings are not facts. Recognize everything you have been through exactly for what it was. It’s important. Take time to reflect—find the patterns and believe you can rise above.

You can.

You have the power to break through. You have the power to overcome.

You are worthy.

You are worthy of happiness, greatness, love and respect. Demand it. Do not settle for anything less. No one in this world is above you or below you.

You are a woman of worth—as all women are; as all people are.

Do not let anyone harm you in any way—this includes emotionally. You have the right to separate yourself from things that are not in your best interest.

Do not let others have more influence over your life than you do.

Take care of yourself. Go after happiness and your dreams. You are worthy—believe that and focus on self love.

It will help you in every aspect of your life. You have the power to demand respect.

You are beautiful.

Stop looking around, comparing yourself to everyone else.

Stop looking at the TV screen. Stop thinking about how you don’t measure up.

Look in the mirror; look into your own eyes. Focus on you and who you are.

There is no one else like you in the entire world.

You are beautiful and unique and your beauty goes far beyond the way you look.

Focus on what you like about yourself, as a whole person. If there is something you want to change, make sure it is for you and find a loving way to do it. If you have negative thoughts or dialog, change them to positive.

You are beautiful. You have the power to love the skin you are in.

You are powerful.

Relephant Read:

A Real Woman is Whoever the F*ck She Wants to be. {Empowering Illustrations}

Author: April Uffner

Assistant Editor: Hilda Carroll/ Editor: Ashleigh Hitchcock

Photo: via Pixoto

Elephant:Now
is a new feature on Elephant Journal—enabling you to instantly share your mindful ideas, photos, art, YouTube videos/Instagram links & writings with our 5 million readers. Try it Now.

Write Now

About April Uffner

April Uffner writes at her website.

Comments

12 Responses to “This is for the Women Who don’t Believe They are Powerful.”

1. Frequent Lurker says:

Empowering and just what I needed today. Thank you <3

2. Erica says:

This is beautiful and so immensely helpful at an important decision making time for me. Thank you.

3. Melina says:

Beautiful message. Thanks!

4. Nicky says:

Thank you for such a motivated article , April. Not long ago I had a very painful break-up , the whole world seemed meaningless and shady to me , I felt myself like a broken machine and useless person , I had nobody to talk to and share my thoughts with , two weeks have passed like 10 years , but two days ago I was scrolling down this site and found your article with an eye catching headline. Honestly saying , this one has changed my life , tuning it upside-down for the better . As you said , I learnt every bitter lesson of life from my past , my mistakes … I realized a lot of things , I pulled myself together and wrote down on a piece of paper a huge " I can " and put it on my wall . Everything started to change . I thought that looking for a friend or man would help me overcome my problem and give me confidence , so I googled some dating websites and chose https://kovla.com/datings/us/denver out of the other famous one . You won't believe but I found one person who I can call " the love of all my life " out there , never thought that I would find anyone on the Internet :)) Thank you again for opening my eyes , April !

5. Enka says:

Thanks so much. your words give a lot of power!

6. Eboni says:

Thank you so much! I needed this right now. You never know how your words will touch someone but let me tell you that these words spoke to me, made me cry, and empowered me. Thank you!

7. Luba says:

This needs to be read by most young women out there. We need to realize that even though society tries to dictate our own perception of self on every corner, we must decide for ourselves that we have the power to mould the image of who we are. Also, I like your statement about positivity, being positive about yourself is half the battle.

Love yourselves <3

8. april says:

9. Disobedient Child says:

Hell yes. Thank you. I will share this with all my beautiful, fierce, powerful sisters.

10. AnnikaRG says:

Wow. Exactly what I needed.

11. princy says:

Thank you <3 for making us able to listen that inside voice through your magically empowering words can't describe my love for you through words but still love you for writing this article so wisely muahhhhh

12. laportama says:

Only women? Think about it.