Upon my diagnosis of leaky gut, I was sure I would never be able to indulge in comfort food again.
I had to cut all foods that cause inflammation. Sugar and carbohydrates were the top offenders, and I had no clue what to do.
I began to experiment with healthy recipes that offer deliciousness paired with medicinal support.
This carrot soup is one of my many go-to recipes that helped cure me of an autoimmune disease. It is absolutely luxurious, captivates your taste buds, and leaves you feeling satiated and satisfied. The natural sweetness of the carrots lends a helping hand in the sweet tooth department.
Seriously. This soup could change your life.
Enjoying soup is a nourishing way to cozy up on a cold winter night or comfort you in a time of stress. We all need a little love in our lives, and when we sustain ourselves with pure goodness, we feel grounded and loved from the inside out.
I will warn you—this may become a habit in your life, too. Please enjoy and tweak the recipe as you like.
4-5 medium carrots, chopped
2-3 cups vegetable broth
1 small onion, chopped
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/3 cup coconut cream or coconut milk
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a medium soup pot with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook on medium heat for five minutes.
- Bring temperature down to medium low and add carrots and ginger and cook for a few minutes.
- Fill soup pot with broth to cover the carrots, and cook on medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, turmeric, curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 20 more minutes, and when carrots are tender, use an immersion blender to blend.
- Let sit for five minutes, add some fresh lemon juice, and give it a stir. Enjoy!
May this soup bring you love and wellness.