Here’s why 2018 Kicked our Ass—According to Numerology.

9.6

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 5.6
Comments 10
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 9.6
215 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
92.4k

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by ecofolks (@ecofolks) on Dec 18, 2018 at 5:13pm PST

Numerology is the universal language of numbers.

By breaking down the patterns of the universe into numbers, we are able to uncover information about the world, as well as every individual.

I began studying this ancient practice in 2009 after a particularly rough year. From there, I began doing customized numerology readings for people.

They were always spot on and the feeling of offering other seekers an untapped part of themselves, which in turn helped change their lives for the better, has never left me.

This is why after another difficult year, I dove back into numerology searching for answers.

Although others may use the term “stubborn,” I consider myself a strong, independent woman capable of transcending life’s curveballs and with the catlike ability to somehow land on my feet. Regardless, 2018 challenged the deepest parts of who I am and left me coming apart at the seams on more than one occasion. It was intense, to say the least.

And I wasn’t alone.

Almost everyone I talked to was knee-deep in some sort of life-altering transition, heartache, or situation that felt beyond their control. We all had many moving parts that hadn’t landed. Unpredictability begged to be trusted and heartache pleaded to be felt.

2018 was a master number 11 (2+0+1+8=11) according to numerology. A master (teacher) year is a double digit number with the same digits (11,22,33, etc.). It carries the energy for life-altering transformation. They’re also known for being some of the most challenging and unpredictable years.

Eleven represents illumination, which gives insight into why 2018 seemed to highlight our biggest fears, deepest wounds, and most prominent shortcomings. It was as if all the trauma we thought we’d previously healed burst open without warning, illuminating more self-work.

Luckily, in an 11 year, we experienced heightened sensitivity and intuition. If we were aware of this, we also came to realize these master number years offer up the most potential for personal and universal growth. Many of us experienced a massive shift in perspective in areas we previously felt stuck, simply by changing our outlook.

Eleven is the number of self, creativity, spiritual growth, intuition, and the subconscious. A number 11 year calls for us to dive deeper into personal reflection about what drives us and what we need to live an authentic, purposeful life. It tests our resilience by asking us to stop relying on external forces to dictate our present reality and reminds us we have the freedom to create the life we desire.

Many of us found ourselves solo in one venture or another, searching for the confidence to conquer something we felt incapable of. This theme usually presented itself arm in arm with losing someone we love—the death or loss of a close relationship being at the top of the list.

Because of this, we had to look uncertainty in eye, show up when we wanted to hide, and let go of our resistance to change. Life looked different, and we were left grieving at the loss of how we believed things should have been.

We felt forced to step into healthy independence and find our voice and power among the most challenging people in our lives. The more we fought uncertainty, the more anxiety chased us. We craved clarity in chaos and the only way to find this was by turning within, trusting our feelings and intuition, and stepping outside our comfort zone.

As if this wasn’t enough, 2018 came out swinging with the number 2 energy, 11 (1+1=2) which made this trip around the sun intense, to say the least.

While these two numbers may seem paradoxical, and are actually opposing numbers in the science of numerology, their duality holds immense power when combined and understood.

The number 2 relates to cooperation and balance in terms of partnerships, love, relationships, and how our emotions are tied to these forces. Old wounds reopened, romantic partnerships mirrored our deepest insecurities and scars, and the relationships that no longer served us fell away regardless of how tightly we fought to hold onto them.

Because the number 2 relates to cooperation and balance within relationships, our unhealthy ties to people we love were most likely challenged. We experienced undeniable clarity in terms of what was working and what wasn’t. And with this clarity came a deeper understanding that some complicated pieces could not be put back together no matter how badly we craved its resolve.

We were called to step into the uncomfortable chaos, unclench our fists, soften our gaze, and find new and healthy ways of coping with conflict. We practiced tough love. We took off our rose-colored glasses and saw situations for what they are instead of what we desired them to be.

Being our whole selves—messy, vulnerable, afraid, and present—became a theme we could no longer deny.

And if we chose to do this work and make this acknowledgement, we began to settle into the fragility of life and its inevitable, uncomfortable changes with a bit more grace for ourselves and others.

Because 11 deals with the self and 2 deals with our relationship to others, 2018 was all about finding a balance between these opposing forces—the dynamic of giving and receiving being center stage. Those of us who struggle to receive and accept help were most likely in positions where we knew we couldn’t conquer something alone. And somehow people showed up, and expected nothing in return but to help us. On the other hand, those with a “me first” mentality likely had moments where loneliness, isolation, and regret took center stage.

The year 2018 asked us to fine-tune our intuition and choose where to place our energy. In doing so, the people, places, and situations no longer serving us fell away while new tribes, opportunities, and soul-enriching experiences presented themselves. We were given the opportunity to embrace the inborn duality of the numbers 11 and 2 by taking the lead in the areas of our lives that were drenched in conflict or felt beyond our control.

We experienced these energies on a global level as well.

Scandals were unearthed, stories of injustice produced righteous anger, fear accomplished nothing, and although division among nations and leaders was heightened, there was also a strong pull for the average human to speak up, find common ground, and practice patience.

As this year comes to a close, many of us don’t recognize the person we were a year ago.

We are experiencing the duality of this seemingly paradoxical year within ourselves. And rightfully so. We are more guarded, but more compassionate for the suffering of others. We’re wiser, yet humbled. We are stronger, but softer—toward ourselves and others. We’re more open to change, but less likely to let negativity energy into our space.

We were triggered, tested, and tempted all while being asked to remain patient and trust what was unfolding.

We understood Britney Spears’ 2007 meltdown on a soul level.

We fell, hard. But we landed on our feet.

We survived—a little stronger, a bit more resilient, and hopefully with a tad more compassion for those suffering around us.

~

author: Rachel Dehler

Image: Ecofolks on Instagram

Image: YouTube

Image: Catherine Monkman

Relephant:

Bonus:

A Mindful New Year's Resolution.

How to make your New Year’s Resolutions work. It isn’t Willpower.

I think Astrology is bullshit. Here's why I'm wrong.

9.6

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 5.6
Comments 10
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 9.6
215 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
92.4k

You must be logged in to post a comment. Create an account.

tenusha03 Jan 12, 2019 9:52pm

I am glad I fell upon your article now in 2019.. because when I look back, your description of 2018 and its challenges is spot-on, right there! Beautifully written and I am sure many have related to your words and the situations described..I personally find myself down there, 2018 has been that year of massive transformation internally as you say, but also externally through so many conflicts emotionally.. good vibes your way, thanks for sharing this wonderful insight 🙂

samhotspur06 Dec 31, 2018 2:13am

You have the most amazing way with words that I was so ready to hear – powerful n oh so accurate beautifully illustrated – 2019 bring it on ha ha – numerology is my friend thank you ? ?

Rachel Dehler Dec 31, 2018 1:19pm

This comment touched my heart beyond words. Thank you! I appreciate you reading and taking the time to comment. I’m so glad you could resonate with it. Here’s to 2019! <3

lisaopp16 Dec 30, 2018 9:37am

I love this!!! The perfect time to reflect on our year and look forward to 2019.
Incredibly powerful, Rachel❤️❤️❤️

Rachel Dehler Dec 31, 2018 1:19pm

Thank you, Lisa! Love you long time. <3

Erika Bancroft Dec 30, 2018 8:29am

So spot on.. so insightful. You have done it again, my genius friend❤️

Rachel Dehler Dec 31, 2018 1:20pm

I was simply the vessel, but your words mean so much to me. Thank you. <3

karmenkerr22 Dec 29, 2018 8:22am

Another amazing article from Rachel!! Her ability to channel this information that applies to the masses is truly a gift that deserves to be shared with the world. SO many more great things on her horizon!!

Rachel Dehler Dec 29, 2018 9:56am

Thank you for seeing this article for what it is. My words were simply the vessel. And I appreciate your belief in my writing more than you’ll ever know. ❤️

pamarok Dec 29, 2018 7:57am

Wow great article. This year has been significantly tougher yet my patience and knowledge to be easier on myself has grown substantially. The thing you said about cooperation hits home as well. The old wounds that reopened hit the hardest. Thank you for bringing this year into focus and reflection. ?

Rachel Dehler Dec 29, 2018 9:51am

Thank you for the thoughtful comment and response. I’m always grateful when words can help people process pain. Much love to you.

Kimberly Pagan Dec 26, 2018 10:52pm

Hi Rachel,
I appreciated your article. Although I’ve been open to and studying numerology for a while, I had a different understanding going to into 2018 than what manifested, as I think you alluded to. It was definitely a time for surrender and the mini dark-night. Would you be able to shed any light on the upcoming year for 9s and 22s? This 9 metal boar Taurus would love to have a little structure if possible 🙂
Many thanks,
Kimberly

Rachel Dehler Dec 27, 2018 7:53am

Hi Kimberly 🙂 I’m working on an article that highlight’s 2019. And I’ve been working my big girl job a bit more than expected so haven’t had to time to finish it. 😉 I do personalized numerology/intuitive readings if you’re ever interested. They’re more intricate than just putting your number with a year. Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

pamperedchefamy2017 Dec 26, 2018 11:26am

Couple what the world number (if you will) 2018/11/2 is with someone who has a 29/11/2 Life Lesson number — yeah, it has been a very rough year. Looking forward to a happier 3 year before us. Thank you for the insightful article <3

Rachel Dehler Dec 26, 2018 3:09pm

Hi there! And thanks for the comment. It would have very much been a year about finding stability in chaos or you. I am assuming you had to establish strong roots in terms of who you are and what you stand for, and in more than one area, while still feeling off-kilter much of the time. The part of this article “Lots of pieces that hadn’t quite landed” feels most fitting. Here’s to 2019 and a bit more freedom to explore. 😉

twoser Dec 24, 2018 10:02am

I don’t understand their “2” analysis. 1/1/2018 is a 4. But they only did 1/1 which means every year starts on a 2.

Rachel Dehler Dec 24, 2018 11:42am

Hi there! In numberolgy the year is broken down.

2+0+1+8=11

We then break down the 11 and 1+1= 2

Hope this helps clarify. ❤️

frankedoreen Dec 24, 2018 7:47am

Amazing..I couldn’t have put it in any other words!
That was my year of change, the gates were open on I was kicked through ? very grateful for that.

Rachel Dehler Dec 24, 2018 9:26am

Way to persevere and find gratitude. That’s the work. ❤️

Chantal Barrette Dec 22, 2018 9:24pm

Wow, exactly what i lived and not sure i can handle more at this point.. my life has changed drastically but i have to trust that the growth will pay off… thank you so much for your insight, you’re amazing!

Rachel Dehler Dec 23, 2018 11:57am

Aww, thanks for the comment, Chantal. Please continue to trust and always remember nothing goes away until it teaches us what we need to learn. Here’s to landing on your feet soon. The fact that you were drawn to this article tells me you’re on the right path. Much love to you. <3

Alison Tasich Dec 22, 2018 8:50pm

Spot. On.

Jayme Davies Dec 22, 2018 11:00am

I’m grateful to find out that what I’ve gone through this year wasn’t just me, it was a global struggle. My heart goes out to the other people experiencing theses same lessons. It’s been a rollercoaster. I wouldn’t take it back, because I’ve made huge leaps in growth and understanding… but I am not sure I could handle this for another year. Any insight into what 2019 has in store?

Rachel Dehler Dec 22, 2018 11:30am

It’s almost odd responding to these posts with “glad this resonated” because it means that you struggled. I am glad you found some healing and peace amongst the chaos and hopefully some clarity with this article. The fact you wouldn’t take it back is the desired outcome. Thank you so much for commenting and reading. I’m working on an article for 2019. Stay tuned. If you did “the work” of 2018, you’re most definitely on the right path for a more aligned 2019.

Vanessa McNamara Dec 22, 2018 8:57am

I don’t follow numerology but was intrigued…and wow does that explain a lot about this past year – spot on for me. Thanks for writing this!

Rachel Dehler Dec 22, 2018 9:10am

Hi Vanessa! I’m glad you approached this article with an open mind and that you found it helpful! What’s interesting is that numerology is all over if we really tune in. the Bible and many religious texts have significance tied to numbers. Thanks for commenting and reading! <3

ciararjones Dec 22, 2018 8:36am

This article describes my year to a T, I am also a master number 11, and therefore also a 2, myself so idk if that made it affect me more lol… Thank you so much for this insight… It helps to make sense of the chaos

Rachel Dehler Dec 22, 2018 9:08am

I am glad you found this helpful. And yes, your personal year definitely comes into play. I love that it’s helping people process some of the chaos and feel less crazy. Blessings to you in the upcoming year! And thanks for the comment. Always love when people take the time to consciously acknowledge an article. <3

Susan Luther Dec 22, 2018 8:17am

There are no coincidences.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Rachel Dehler Dec 22, 2018 8:24am

Susan, I can feel your comment. Thank you for taking time to comment. And you’re right, there are no coincidences. ❤️

laydiehawke Dec 22, 2018 3:00am

Thanks so much for writing this article, Rachel. It helped me put the year in perspective all in a flash. As I was reading I just kept thinking” Thank God, I’m not losing my mind after all!” I really needed to see this, at this time. I found it totally through the universe, I had never heard of this site or you. May God bless and keep you.

Rachel Dehler Dec 22, 2018 7:31am

Awww, this gave me chills. I still remember the first article I read on Elephant Journal and it came across by divine intervention as well. You are not losing your mind. Rest assured I felt the same way this year. So glad you found me. And Elephant Journal. Blessings to you today and always. ❤️

Erna de Bree Dec 28, 2018 11:51pm

I agree there are no coincidences and things happen for a reason. I have had such an amazing year of coincidences and the universe speaking to me, one of the most amazing was a cloud picture of an owl/cat when I was surveying my surroundings and appreciating the beauty of nature (and yes, I have a photo to prove it!)And I agree, finding Elephant Journal, and the ‘random’ articles that show up for my perusal appear for a reason, and I appreciate them greatly.

Rachel Dehler Dec 29, 2018 7:49am

Isn’t it amazing how much beauty we notice and take in when we slow down? I love this story. I’m so glad all these tiny details and synchronicities were illuminated for you this year. <3

Rljrens Dec 21, 2018 11:48pm

What an incredibly accurate representation of my year as well, and I hope to read more of your posts. I lost a great business mentor (luckily only temporarily), gained a micromanaging boss, lost my job… BUT managed to start a new one (with my mentor) which I am ROCKING! (Take that 2018!) Now my marriage feels like it is faltering for many reasons…. such a tumultuous journey this year has been, but my SELF feels armored with great family & a handful of the best friends! Thanks for sharing, will keep learning in 2019!

Rachel Dehler Dec 22, 2018 7:34am

Thanks so much for commenting and sharing a piece of your self and year. Wow, that’s a lot! But, I love that you came out landing on your feet. I love that you’re rocking life! Keep stepping into your power and trust the journey. What’s meant for you can’t be lost. 😉

kitten1438 Dec 21, 2018 11:18pm

Definitely described my year

Rachel Dehler Dec 22, 2018 7:37am

❤️ To better days ahead.

doctorgonzo1313 Dec 21, 2018 8:59pm

Me: Man 2017 crushed me…
2018: Hold my beer, watch this sh*t…

Rachel Dehler Dec 22, 2018 7:35am

Hahaha. That gave me a good laugh. Accurate.

innerspirit Dec 21, 2018 7:37pm

OMG I totally resonated with this article…spot on thanks!!!!

Rachel Dehler Dec 22, 2018 7:36am

I’m glad you found some truth and peace with this. Thanks for taking the time to comment. ❤️

slb804 Dec 21, 2018 8:06am

So what about next year? ?

Rachel Dehler Dec 21, 2018 8:15am

Hi there! I am working on an ariticle highlighting 2019 as we speak. ❤️

Rachel Dehler Dec 21, 2018 6:38am

Thank you so much for reading. <3

cheryllyson Dec 21, 2018 5:24am

Nailed it, Rachel! What an excellent article!

Rachel Dehler Dec 21, 2018 6:39am

Thanks for reading. And taking the time to comment. <3

museboy734 Dec 21, 2018 4:11am

Check out decoding end times on youtube, He made several correct predictions by using numbers.

Rachel Dehler Dec 21, 2018 6:40am

I will definitely check this out. Thank for sharing! Yes, numerology is fascinating and one of the most accurate methods of uncovering information the I have found. It may get a bad rap sometimes, but even the Bible is laced with numbers.

nikki.peppers Dec 20, 2018 10:46pm

Thank you for writing this Rachel and for being there for the “Britney” times of 2018!

Rachel Dehler Dec 21, 2018 6:41am

Nikki, love to you. Here’s to 2019. <3

g.docanto1 Dec 20, 2018 10:37pm

I ended a 20 year friendship with my best friend, I had to… for self preservation and growth. You’ve described it exactly.. The heartache and growth went hand in hand. Thank you Rachel..

Rachel Dehler Dec 21, 2018 6:43am

Ahhh, I know this feeling all too well. I too ended a non-romantic relationship for my own mental health. But I knew I was the only way. Thanks for taking time to read and comment. I wish you all the best in 2019. I commend you for doing the difficult work in 2018.

Bjk_69 Dec 20, 2018 10:13pm

You nailed it . It has been a year of loss for sure Loss of a relationship .Death of my nephew .Forced to face changes I never could .

Rachel Dehler Dec 21, 2018 6:48am

Bjk_69, thats a double whammy. Two huge losses. I am sorry you experienced this. My hope is that you were able to to be kind to yourself during such huge transitions. Much love to you as this year comes to a close.

Leo Pold Dec 20, 2018 8:00pm

Thank you Rachel,that was exactly what 2018 has done. Wont find better words to describe it than Whitney Houston song “DIDN’T KNOW MY OWN STRENGTH”

Literally what I have went through I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THE END OF ME”
LOVE YOU RACHEL

Rachel Dehler Dec 21, 2018 6:45am

I am going to have that song stuck in my head all day. Haha. But seriously, you nailed it. we definitely learned about your own perseverance. I have said many times I am shocked this year didn’t kill me. Love to you. Thanks so much for commenting and reading.

pen.reveller Dec 20, 2018 7:08pm

I am so grateful Rachel you thought of jotting down such an insightful article. I could connect with every single word you wrote. You simplified it all so beautifully. Whilst I had so much compassion for others, perhaps I forgot to have compassion for myself. You’ve fabricated each word with so much love and understanding, I felt it deep. Thank you.

Love and light to you woman.

Rachel Dehler Dec 20, 2018 7:19pm

Thank you so much for your comment and kind words. I had also forgot compassion for myself and didn’t realize it until I had written this article. It makes my heart beyond happy that this resonated with you and you found it helpful. <3 Much love to you.

Lo Barrett Dec 20, 2018 6:27pm

This is bang on, thank you for writing this. I would love go book a reading!

Rachel Dehler Dec 20, 2018 7:20pm

Thanks a ton for taking the time to comment. I’m so glad this resonated with you and you found it helpful! For some reason my bio isn’t showing up on the site today, but feel free to connect with me on Facebook. I love doing readings for people. <3
    facebook.com/racheltahnee

Christy Williams Dec 20, 2018 6:09pm

Yep…that about sums it up. And I would love to hear some good news about 2019! Please? 😉

Rachel Dehler Dec 20, 2018 7:22pm

Christy, I will get writing! Already had a follow-up in mind.

xmail4us Dec 20, 2018 3:30pm

Yes, this is what happened for me this year. Feels pretty accurate. I’d like to know about 2019

Rachel Dehler Dec 20, 2018 7:23pm

I can definitely make this happen. Thanks for the comment and I hope you’re taking in all of 2018 with new eyes and an open heart. <3

Read The Best Articles of March
You voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares.
CLICK TO SEE WHO WON

Rachel Dehler

Born and raised in Billings, Montana, Rachel Dehler is a dance instructor, yoga teacher, writer, and mother of two feisty daughters. An AADP Board Certified Holistic Nutrition Coach with a double major in Elementary Education and Special Education, she’s a seeker of all things that expand her creative and spiritual side. Always learning, sometimes teaching, she writes with the muse of inspiring vulnerability, awareness and wholeness in others. You can find and connect with her on Facebook.