We are in the last few days of the year and it calls for celebration, isn’t it? A new year, a new decade awaits us. December is a wonderful month, time to celebrate Christmas and New year and cherish the time with family and friends.
Since the past few days, it’s been a baking spree for me. I made different kinds of cookies and we loved them. Here is one cookie recipe I am sharing with you.
It’s the season of strawberries and I had them in the refrigerator. I love using them in my recipes, thus one of the cookies that I made was a strawberry cookie. Strawberry cookie is an easy to make, fuss free, eggless recipe. It has the goodness of fresh fruit in it and flavoursome. These cookies are pretty pink.
I hope you like these cookies as much as we did. Merry Christmas !
Let us get to the recipe of Strawberry Cookies:
Measurement: 1 cup = 250 ml
Makes: 15 cookies
Preparation: 10 min
Baking: 30 min
Standing time: 30 min
- 2 tablespoon softened butter
- 3 tablespoon castor sugar
- 6 strawberries (medium size)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Wash the strawberries and hull them. Mash them using fingers or a fork, we do not need a puree.
- Take butter and castor sugar in a bowl, beat them well together.
- Put the strawberries and vanilla essence to it and mix.
- Add corn flour, all-purpose flour and baking powder. Mix them together to a dough. Put it in a parchment paper and keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven at 170 degree Celsius.
- Take a baking tray, line it with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, take a small dough and make it into a small ball. Press it on the palm. Alternatively, you may roll it with a rolling pin and cut them with a cookie cutter.
- Arrange them on the tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the rack.
- Strawberry cookies are ready to serve. Store them in an air-tight container.
Take a tip:
- Butter should be at room temperature. Keep it outside ahead of time.
- Use good quality ingredients.