View this post on Instagram
This week, we hosted Liz Plank, one of our world’s most delightful, insightful, and incisive Feminists, on our Elephant Gathering & Elephant Camp (part of Elephant Academy).
Waylon talked with Liz Plank about feminism, gender equality, her book, For the Love of Men, toxic vs. mindful masculinity, and how we can all join in actively in this movement to be of benefit to this world.
In addition to the Elephant Gathering discussion, Liz went on to lead a writing exercise to discover our true self with our Elephant Academy Camp attendees. If you’re interested in watching that video or joining Camp, you can sign up for any Elephant Academy course and be automatically registered for Camp.
Check out Liz Plank:
Shop her book, For the Love of Men: A New Vision for Mindful Masculinity.
Listen to her podcast, Heart Homework.
This is part of Elephant’s weekly Gathering series: watch more of July’s Gatherings.
Join Elephant’s (free!) weekly Gatherings live and become a part of the conversation and community on Fridays at 10 a.m. MST: elephantjournal.com/gathering
Big Announcement from Elephant Academy: When you join any Academy course, you get access to Elephant Camp: A private, live meeting every Friday with a specific training, writing exercise, or meditation exercise to dive deeper in your learning with Waylon Lewis and community. Learn more: elephantjournal.com/academy
The weekly mindful round-up of articles referenced in the meeting:
- I am Black. This is what I Need (& what I Don’t) from White Allies.
- How to Be the Conscious Parent You Never Had.
- This one’s for the Boys: Next time someone tells you to “Man up.”
- 5 Attributes of Emotionally Intelligent People.
- “If America hasn’t broken your heart, you don’t love her enough.” ~ Senator Cory Booker
- If you Know you aren’t Racist, watch this Blue-Eyed, Brown-Eyed Test.
Read 0 comments and reply