View this post on Instagram
8 Tips to Help us Find our True Selves.
I recently watched this short five-minute video that outlines eight things you can do to help find out who you really are.
This, in turn, can help you discover your life goals and improve your relationships with others, and most importantly, your relationship with yourself.
I follow their channel on YouTube because their short videos are always so informative, fun, and not to mention cute, and I highly recommend it.
The video expands on these eight things:
1. What makes you happy. Take time to reflect on it—this helps you find your purpose.
2. Your core values. Honesty? Hard work? Open-mindedness? Loyalty? Knowing your principles helps gives you a direction in life
3. How you react to stress. Are you calm or panicky? Do you run from conflict or face it? Responding to stress in unhealthy ways holds you back from achieving your #lifegoals as they say. When you know how you react to stress, that can help you to stay resilient in times of stress and discomfort.
4. Your physical health. When you take care of your health, it’s easier for you to manage stress and anxiety when it arises in your life. Treat your medical conditions ASAP, as some can lead to depression (i.e. thyroid disorders).
5. Your personality type. Introvert or extrovert? MBTI type? What’s your Big Five personality factors? Or Enneagram type? Taking a personality test online is an easy way to get to know yourself more and help figure out who you want to be and where you want to grow
6. Your strengths. When you learn what you excel at, you can hone your skills and realize your potential.
7. Your weaknesses. Your weakness are just as important to know as your strengths. Knowing your weaknesses—where you struggle and why—can give you insight into how you may not be achieving your full potential.
8. Your ideal self. This is who you want to be in the future. Think about who are your role models and why. What do you admire about them? What do you see in yourself that you’d like to nurture so you can align with your best self—which is who you are striving to be? It helps you stay true to your values, passions, and goals.
Taking the time to delve into these eight aspects of ourselves allows us to increase our personal growth, acceptance, self-love, and self-confidence—things I am sure most, if not all, of us would like to do!
So what are you waiting for?
Check out the video below:
Read 18 comments and reply