Keanu Reeves has always been one of my favourite actors.
He comes across as a really decent, cool human being. I guess the appeal comes from his super chill, down-to-earth personality. He’s actually been considered the “nicest” guy in Hollywood.
Although he has always been private about his personal life, Keanu didn’t have an easy childhood. His father walked out on him when he was only three years old. He had a pretty turbulent growing up as he moved around with his mother from Hawaii, Australia, New York to Toronto. His sister battled serious cancer for years. To top that off, Keanu’s girlfriend had a stillborn child and died in a car accident a few years later.
“Grief changes shape, but it never ends,” Reeves once said. Despite everything he went through, Keanu is well known for his random acts of kindness—giving up his seat on a crowded subway in NYC to a woman carrying a large bag, he was also seen hanging out with a homeless man on the streets. He also donated large sums of his earnings to cancer research. How can anyone not love him?
These are 14 of Keanu Reeves’ most awesome, inspiring sayings—about love, life, and personal well-being:
1. “I will always be in love with love.”
2. “If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with a heart of an angel.”
3. “I wear my heart on my sleeve and that can hurt. To be vulnerable is an enriching way to live, but when it goes wrong it can be agonizing. But if you don’t open your heart to people, you end up being excluded from the rest of the world.”
4. “I dream of a day where I walk down the street and hear people talk about morality, sustainability, and philosophy instead of the Kardashians.”
5. “It’s always wonderful to get to know women, with the mystery and the joy and the depth. If you can make a woman laugh, you’re seeing the most beautiful thing on God’s Earth.”
6. “I don’t want to be a part of a world where being kind is a weakness.”
7. “None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after-thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.”
8. “You have to change your life if you’re not happy, and wake up if things aren’t going the way you want.”
9. “Money doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ve made a lot of money but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account… We all know that good health is much more important.”
10. “The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.”
11. “The person who was holding me back from my happiness was me.”
12. “It’s fun to be hopelessly in love. It’s dangerous, but it’s fun.”
13. “Try to be wrong once in a while, it’ll do your ego good.
14. “It’s like we’re zombies. Look up and take your headphones out. Say ‘Hi’ to someone you see and maybe give a hug to someone who looks like they’re hurting.”
Read 26 comments and reply