Youtube is full of Hooters-esque models (barely) in bikinis doing yoga. But unless you’re a 12 year old boy, it’s best to scratch the surface…and when you do you’ll find thousands of years of knowledge at the tip of your clickety click mousepad.
Did I forget any wonderful yoga videos? If so, email me the youtube link and I’ll put ’em in if they’re better than something in here.
1. Daft Yoga. It’s cute, it’s fun, it’s…a kinda embarrassing imitation of the originals. Whatever.
2. Anusara with Bridget Woods Kramer…mmmm…nice voice…
3. The master, Richard Freeman himself, in this oldy goody classic:
4. Another old Freeman, stand back ladies:
5. More Freeman, too good not to include:
6. Patricia Walden, in a onesie, looking verrry early 90s.
7. Call me biased, but Elena Brower of Vira Yoga with our video man Alex’s cut…is pure perfection.
8. Our interview with Seane Corn, the one the only the amazing the charming the real:
9. More Seane:
10. a million viewers can’t be wrong:
12. Rodney Yee, of course:
15. Finally, lovely-inside-and-out yoga diva Shiva Rea:
16. We’ve covered this before, but here’s Krishnamacharya, granddaddy of modern yoga, in 1938:
17. Pattabhi Jois, venerable founder of Ashtanga yoga:
18. A youthful BKS Iyengar:
19. We’ve covered this before, love it: Enlighten Up! with elephriend Nick Rosen.
20. For dessert, Mr. Inappropriate Yoga Guy, leading the pack with 2 mill views:
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,385 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,514 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,027 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 11,856 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 7,941 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 152 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,245 shares The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,830 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 413 shares