All together now, let’s recite Michael Pollan’s Three Rules for Eating.
Anyone surprised? Excerpt via Gizmodo:
Taco Bell “beef” pseudo-Mexican delicacies are not made with USDA ground beef. They use a gross thing called “Taco Meat Filling” as shown on their big container’s labels—which customers can’t see. The list of ingredients is gruesome:
Water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate, and potassium lactate.
All that plus 36% beef. Thirty-six percent—plus all the above making up for the other 64% of the party in your mouth.
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 235 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 4,550 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,073 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 616 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 602 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 2,692 shares Why we must Break to Heal. 1,042 share November Energy Forecast: Love & the Twin Flame magic of 11:11. 1,249 share Stop Ignoring these Connections, they can Turn your Day (or Life) around. 937 shares To my Diego: 4 Poems by Frida Kahlo that Demonstrate the Exquisite Nature of Love. 646 shares