Why I hate (hearing) Bob Dylan (all the time).

Via on Feb 17, 2011

Update: a few of Dylan’s recent commercials.

Bob Dylan’s Victoria’s Secret commercial:

YouTube Preview Image

Cadillac:

YouTube Preview Image

Pepsi:

YouTube Preview Image

Love this one:

YouTube Preview Image

Apple:

YouTube Preview Image

A Rant inspired by Pandora and Every Café’s lazy love for Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan has a unique voice. So what. My grandma has a (very) unique voice.

Bob Dylan has—well, had—amazing lyrics. Bob Dylan was cool, back in the day. Now he fronts legitimately cool bands at the Grammys. That was nice of him—a pass-the-baton kinda moment. Now pass that baton, and don’t ask for it back:

YouTube Preview Image

He was his own man back in the day, sure, with his baby face and cool dark glasses and wild happy hair and funny way of walking around being mopey and interesting.

But Bob Dylan is just irritating, now. And, worse, he’s mediocre:

YouTube Preview Image

Bob Dylan back in the day was the only folk-er to ignore Civil Rights and Vietnam. He never bothered to pick his alt self up off the couch and do anything for the greater good. He was too cool for that.

YouTube Preview Image

My dis-ease with Bob Dylan stems from the fact that his worbly horribly wobbling voice is overplayed at cafés nationally—I’ve made an inadvertent study of this and can say that he’s outlasted other ubiquitous safe-yet-alt go-tos such as Postal Service or Regina wassername or whomever got famous off the last Apple ad or Norah Jones and Buena Vista Social Club and even Miles Davis.

YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

But Dylan? He makes ubiquitous look precious.

One time, years ago, without premeditation, I had a temper tantrum and had to leave a cafe when I heard his annoying drawling voice come on. For the 20th time that week.

Yes, literally.

Yes, at moments like that, I wish I had my own office so I could overplay Mumford & Sons or whomever I’m spazzing out on this week.

Yes, I love some of his early stuff.

YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

But I’d take any other strange-voiced whackjob over BD—gimme a young Neil, er, Young (who bothered to care about, yah, Vietnam and Farm Aid and the Iraq Wars) or Johnny Cash any day.

Irritating or Annoying? Take our poll below.

About Waylon Lewis

If you liked this, you might like these:

56 Responses to “Why I hate (hearing) Bob Dylan (all the time).”

1. uncatim says:

What is irritating & annoying is that I paid money so I could read your ignorant, foolish, & intolerant hate (your word). Man I have a refund?

• elephantjournal says:

I'm sure you can get your bucks worth over the course of this month with other great authors on this site. Sorry you suffer from an intolerance for folks who have other opinions than yours–I love Bob Dylan, I just mainly hate hearing him overplayed allllll the time. Thanks, anonymous name-called.

• 13thfloorelevators says:

You also apparently don't understand his voice. I interviewed Iggy Pop once, and we got on the topic of Dylan. He hit the nail on the head when he said that the vocal technique is really more like Frank Sinatra than anyone else. The dude wanted to be Elvis, but ended up doing something far more interesting.

In any case, your ear is ass. And nobody cares.

• elephantjournal says:

Thanks for your inability to discuss taste without insults. Can't we debate without name-calling, anonymous person? ~ Waylon

• Ben says:

He wanted to be Elvis? I'm pretty sure he wanted to be Woodie Guthrie in the beginning, and he has certainly retained a bit of that style, albeit with ton of gravel added.

• 13thfloorelevators says:

No, he really did want to be Elvis.

• elephantjournal says:

Don't we all.

• 13thfloorelevators says:

Look, Dylan was writing songs for about year before he ever even noticed Guthrie. His writing in his teens was influenced by a number of genres. Guess who was quite prevalent between 1956 and 1958 when Dylan was in his midteens? Elvis. He compared his first listening to Elvis at that time as "busting out of jail." He fucking loved him. The problem with this for those who wanted to manipulate them for their causes was that Elvis was a raging racist. Thus it was far more appealing to focus one of Dylan's other idols– Guthrie.

Dylan was interested in *everything* Alan Lomax shined a litght on, incidentally, not just Woody Guthrie.

In any case, he was quite a keen musicologist. You might actually figure out a way to appreciate him as more than "that guy who failed to use his fame for civil rights the way I think he should," if you learned a bit yourself.

• 13thfloorelevators says:

Should say, " writing songs for years."

• elephantjournal says:

Now I'm starting to learn something. Thanks, anonymous—I'll give him another chance. ~ Waylon

2. elephantjournal says:

#
    Ashoka: i have gone through phases similar to this but never was i foolish enough to commit them on paper. erase this now for your own good

Tara
    Really, Irritating and Annoying are the poll options? How about adore, respect and find amusing. If not for Bob, art as we know it today would not be the same, and the artists you would rather be listening to, well there would have been n…o roads for them to travel had Bob not blazed them first. Hate is a strong word. Bob is irritating, often unintelligible and frequently absurd, but a genius who just never gave a F#%$. Still doesn't. [That Christmas album - that was a monumental fail.] PS I agree with Ashoka, you are asking for it. Is that on purpose? : )

#
    Waylon Lewis Amen, Tara? He chose not to help Civil Rights out with his considerable fame, and I said nice things about his songs, and he kinda sucks these days, and the article is more about how he's so overplayed. You can add your own opinion of him in comments, there'll be plenty of 'em. It's all a bit tongue-in-cheek, of course, he's a sacred musical cow (Ashoooka).

As for hate being a strong word, yes this is all rather colloquial, and we all say we hate stuff all day every day. Don't you hate that?

• 13thfloorelevators says:

"He chose not to help Civil Rights out with his considerable fame."

Holy shit. Where did you garner your understanding of American popular musicology? Rolling Stone?

• elephantjournal says:

No, People magazine. Actually, it's pretty well known even by Dylan lovers…maybe I picked it up from Scorcese's bio. ~ Waylon

• 13thfloorelevators says:

I was reacting to the context of the comment, not the content of the comment. Or was that just a free floating comment with no point?

3. elephantjournal says:

Sandra: That's one mean-spirited essay.

#
    elephantjournal.com Sandra, it's meant pretty tongue-in-cheek. Just 'cause we spiritual do-gooder organic vegan yoga-lovin' types have a weak funny bone don't mean we shouldn't exercise. Being overly self-serious all the time is bad for your health; take it from me. ~ Waylon

4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Waylon Lewis and elephantjournal.com, Red Fox. Red Fox said: Why I hate Bob Dylan. http://bit.ly/i50mc1 [...]

5. Jen says:

Agree about Dylan. Over played and slightly over rated. But really, Waylon, Mumford& Sons? Really?

6. Emily says:

Tom Waits. My favorite cafe here in Chico, CA plays Tom Waits a lot – and no Bob Dylan. Thankfully they allow the baristas to choose whatever music is on, typically from their own mp3 players. No pre-arranged satellite "coffee house" music determined to be such by some music executive in a high rise corner office who's never even been to an actual, original, non mass-produced coffee house.

• 13thfloorelevators says:

That's how the good coffee houses do it.

• integralhack says:

Love Tom Waits. You see Tom frequently in movies (usually in cameos), etc., but he always brings some originality to his appearances.

And his later work is great. Rain Dogs was his "second coming" after he was considered "the next Bob Dylan" in the mid-70s. Creative and original.

7. Jen says:

Not that I (always) gauge the merit or talent of a band by what the tyrants of the indie world (Also known as Pitchfork) say, but in the case of Mumford & Sons, they are dead on. But really, who am I to judge? I am still listening to Wolf Parade, and all cool hipster cafes and stores removed those wildly talented Canadians from rotation in '08. Sigh….

• 13thfloorelevators says:

Er, the only ppl reading pitchfork are the waylons. Tyrant they ain't.

• jen says:

I doubt Waylon reads pitchfork. If he did, he would not be listening to Mumford &Sons. Pitchfork is really more the tyrant of the hipster world than the entire indie world.

8. Ben Ralston says:

Oh no, it hurts, please stop.

Dylan was a genius and a musical prophet!

I challenge anyone to watch the (Scorcese) movie “No Direction Home”, especially the scene of the press conference (“How Many Other Folk Singers…?”) and the scene where the two young girls ask him for his autograph (“you don’t need it. If you needed it, I’d give it you”) and come away without a deep respect for the young BD.

His voice was amazing. He sang as if he didn’t give a shit at a time when you were meant to.

He was so far ahead of his time… and he did support the civil rights movements, he just didn’t do things the way other people wanted. All power to him.

I don’t know jack about Dylan these days, and I don’t care. Maybe he lost it, I don’t know. But the man who sang “When you aint got nothing, you got nothing to lose” like he knew what it meant was a total genius.

Watch the movie. It’s fantastic.
    And stop hanging out in cafe’s so much. It’s bad for your health.

9. M.Taney says:

I posted this on Waylon's FB link. My fellow-boomer's worship of Dylan got very old like several decades ago. Here's my 50 cents.

Actually, it was somewhat gradual — the album right after his accident, John Wesley Harding, (with All Along the Watchtower) he was floating to earth. Nashville Skyline is "Howdy — Bobby Zimmerman here!. That run up to fame sure was exciting. Gonna has some fun down here in Nashville." Then a few years later he started selling the snake-oil we have today. Well, really, he always was a glorified bullshit artist — just a lot more creative in the early days.

10. eRIC says:

Man, you guys have no idea what you're talking about. Waylon get out of boulder and away from those hipster d-bags and you'll hear different music. And the guy that thinks Nashville Skyline had anything to do with actually liking Nashville or the culture is also an idiot. It was a play on the sound but that band that was behind him that you folkies just love to hate was the Band. Dylan in his early days was great. Dylan with the Band was great. Dylan live today is great.

11. elephantjournal says:

#
    Ashoka: Bono sucks no matter how much aids he cures waylon

#
    Waylon Lewis Ashoka, I think you're right: I'm in for a beating on this one. Well deserved, I'm sure.

#
    Ashoka Mukpo well yeah and then a week from now "pity the immigrant" or some such will come on the radio and youll feel real bad about yourself. think of me like an old man trying to convince you not to join the army

#
    Waylon Lewis Ashoka now if you wrote that as a blog title "Bono sucks no matter how much aids he cures" it would even be more popular, less well-received (and equally true) as my Dylan Pandora rant.

#
    Gayle: And then there's Sting.

#
    Tara: As a bit of a Bob-ologist, I know all the Bob rhetoric – and I've heard his reasons for "abandoning' the civil rights and folk movements – because he felt he was being used as a tool. Maybe not the PC move. I guess you just love him or hate him but I always admire him for making the choices that made sense to him. They never made much sense to anyone else. His music does kinda suck these days – but the dude is almost 70 – what do you want? Will make more comments on ele.

#
    Waylon Lewis Tara, I'd love to know more about that. Seems kinda inconceivable not to support MLK, fight Vietnam…it's like missing the greatest wave in a surfer's career 'cause you feel used by the ocean, it's too obviously surfable…

Chuck S: I've met people who hate The Beatles, Allen Ginsberg, Rembrandt, and Orson Welles. And now this…

#
    Liz L: They're insane. The same people hate chocolate and cats. Irrational…

#
    Zane E: Sorry, I just don't like Bob or the Beatles. It's just kinda clichéd music that supposedly everyone just HAS to like or they are evil lesser beings. There is so much more in the world to appreciate musically. Thankfully, The Band was wonderful.

#
    Waylon Lewis Aunty Liz, I don't like chocolate much, either. Cats are awesome, though.

Yayayaya Zane, my point exactly! You shoulda written it—you have a far better ability not to be insulting.

#
    Liz Lewis Joseph WHHHAAATTTT? We cannot possibly be related. Maybe I was adopted.

Here's the real prob. You're from the wrong generation. Dylan and the Beatles are a part of my history. They're tattooed on my heart. You youngsters!

#
    Liz L: so's the Band, BTW….

#
    Erika Anderson sorry, but i love bob dylan- he is a beauty.

#
    Linda Sparrowe i just think Bob Dylan's become a bit of an anachronism. He was indeed a powerful, necessary voice for an entire generation, but he hasn't had much to say in ages, and when he's chosen to speak he hasn't been very conscious. Who is that voice now? I hope it's not just Bono–he's so tiresome and predictable.

#
    Tara: Dylan & the Band were a single organism much of the time. And Waylon, I'll lend you No Direction Home sometime ( didn't someone already dis that ) and you can see Bob right behind MLK @ steps of Lincoln memorial – and singing from the back of flatbeds W Guthry style at voter registration rallies in early 60's South. Then he saw others had it covered and he needed to find out what his truth was. That's how I've seen it.

We need a unified voice for the 21 st C. Ben Harper is on my ballot. The big voice is out there- hopefully a chorus.

12. elephantjournal says:

#
    Jay Winston Oh, Waylon, as Bob so rightly said: "don't criticize what you can't understand."

#
    Jay Winston And, by the way, I did not read the article, nor will I add to the hit count of any article with such a silly title.

#
    Heart Yoga I have to admit…I really don't like bob Dylan's music. I have tried it, listened to it, it's on one of my favourite soundtracks…but his voice is irritating and annoying. It grates through my ears. Give me Eddie Vedder any day :-D

#
    Gesar Mukpo I ate a sandwich.

#
    Michael T: Dylan lost his muse around the time of his motorcycle accident. His last album was Blonde on Blonde. After that it was Bob Zimmerman pretending to be Dylan. You want to see the real Dylan in all his glory and nastiness see Don't Look Back at your video store. It's a landmark piece of film-making (Dylan or not) that documents his first England tour (by himself on stage all acoustic).

Liz L Jaded babies…

#
    Michael T Actually, it was somewhat gradual — the album right after his accident (with All Along the Watchtower) he was floating to earth. Nashville Skyline is "Howdy — Bobby Zimmerman here!. That run up to fame sure was exciting. Gonna has some fun down here in Nashville." Then a few years later he started selling the snake-oil we have today. Well, really, he always was a glorified bullshit artist — just a lot more creative in the early days.

#
    Tara: ‎@Michael – I think he called it "moving and faking" – aka bullshitting while not standing still. I agree- after 66+ two years of being boo'ed and a really messed up marriage made fall to earth- and a song or two to pluck of an album here & there. He fell hard but gave us a lot to think about for decades (if you are the type who can handle listening.)

#
    Tara: PS thanks Way – this has turned into a great discussion.

Gayle
    You go Liz!!! Bob Dylan may not have lent his name to any movements. I believe he once said "I don't write protest songs." I am down with that. He just wrote great, powerful, songs that were sometimes indictments of the powers that be. … He may not have been marching, but we sure were marching to his music. I can't stand listening to a lot of music that I feel has been overplayed including Bruce Springsteen, the Beatles, much of the Rolling Stones and Prince. If I never hear Joan Baez vibrate through another song it will be too soon. But Joni, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. Except, of course, for Chelsea Morning.
    Pandora blows. Try creating a playlist from "Fela Kuti," "Kanda Bongo Man", or "King Sunny Ade." Pandora doesn't even know who they are.
    As a former FM DJ I gotta say, where are the great DJ's today? They've been replaced by computers. You can use any algorithm you want to create a playlist…but we all need good guides along the musical path and Pandora ain't it.
    Anybody watch Watson the computer play Jeopardy? Boring…so there's my rant for the day.
    Now I'm gonna listen to some Girltalk!

Heart Yoga ‎@gayle…you have given me my weekend "new stuff" playlist a boost :P

13. elephantjournal says:

Cafes and bookstores love to play safe-yet-alt music. Bob Dylan is their timeless favorite. Thus beginneth a Pandora Rant:

Sandra B That's one mean-spirited essay.

Heather M: I love Bob Dylan. Seen him 7 times in concert since 99'. Will continue to see him live til he quits touring or I'm dead. Whatever comes first. …
    But you are entitled to your opinion too. Peace out, Rock On.

#

Thanks, Heather. I do love some of his songs, I embedded a few in the blog above. The blog is really more about how cafes and bookstores etc. love to beat good tunes to death.

Joe Yeoman
    Tongue and cheek or not—-I think Dylan wore out his welcome 20 years ago, along with the Rolling Stones, Ozzy, and several other bands.

"But Bob Dylan is just irritating, now. And, worse, he’s mediocre"

I agree. People that still love him …need to listen to his Christmas album. It's awful. Like listening to the drunk aunt, who smokes too much, try to sing to Bing Crosby after a third margarita.

He needed to step out of the light in the 90s. Now he risks tarnishing the earlier Bob Dylan, the Bob I love.

I intend to be mean spirited. Grandpa Bob Dylan–with his millions and mansion–is killing Rebel Bob Dylan–the one who played rock when people wanted folk and folk when people wanted rock. Eventually one Bob is going to die–and for me, I don't want it to be the one that changed music, compared to the one who's just riding along on a fading name.

Sandra B I've got as good a sense of humour as any, and then some, guess I missed it in this article. Looking forward to the next one, on Enya. Peace out.

Bret B I love dylan, He is amazing, Even though Listening to him makes me want to smoke cigarettes and drink bourbon. However,I have seen Him in concert twice, and we all know(those who have seen him recently) how painful that is.

Marja H: Dylan passing that baton to the Avett Brothers made my Sunday.

elephantjournal.com Hahah Sandra, Merete wrote up Enya on ele awhile ago. Another unpopular stand: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2010/06/enya-is-no… (and yes, it's tongue in cheek, too)

14. elephantjournal says:

John M: he can keep going, he'll be remembered, you simply won't

Joe Yeoman
    How will you remember Ozzy? A rock god who helped spur the metal movement? Or a saggy, drug sputtering carcus?

I know I won't be remembered (I'm fine with that), but my generation will see him as the guy who had a movie made about how cool… he was, while he was still alive, compared to a folk hero.

Hopefully, he can transcend his Christmas album–much like Elvis, his cookbook, and his love of bacon, banana and pb sandwiches.

I love Bob Dylan and still hate the Bob Dylan we have now

Joe Y: Tell me what he's done in the last decade that you actually listen to on a weekly basis?

#
    Ben H: Modern Times (2006) and Love and Theft (2001) are both solid albums.

Katherine C http://www.athinline.org/facts/digital-disrespect

Arvin V
    I have not listened to the christmas album in it's entirety, but i think that at his age and considering his impressive body of work, Bob has the right to just have some fun with music, and say fuck you to all the people that thinks they ha…ve the right to decide what he should sound like and what type of music he should perform.Which is what i think the christmas album is about, good clean fun. It's not meant to be taking seriously- His music is first and foremost his own, he has never asked for your support or for you to like what he's doing. Dylan doesn't owe you anything. If you don't like the new stuff, the old stuff is still there for your pleasure. It will only be tarnished if you let it. Besides he is still a rebel, he just doesn't rebel the way you want him to Joe. Think about it. The guy releases a CHRISTMAS ALBUM. What else could be more in your face from a guy like Dylan? "Oh you say you want some folk protest songs or some rock stuff like the old days, or perhaps some rootsy stuff like my last few records, well i ain't gonna give it to you!" Finally, i saw him live touring Modern Times a couple of years back and he blew everybody away, fantastic performance and one of the most beautiful things i've ever witnessed in my (albeit short, i admit) life.
    Lewis D
    I guess Waylon Lewis never heard "Blowin' In the Wind," presumably because he left the room in torment and anger every time it played, which was often. It reminds me of how we are tormented by our hatred and rewarded by our love.

Dylan had ……many other songs protesting the war, as well. They include "Masters of War", "John Brown", and "Talking John Birch Paranoid Blues," just to name a few off the top of my head. In the article, The Reality of War: Dylan and the Dharma, the reprinted lyrics to "John Brown" clearly show Dylan "getting his alt. self off the couch"and protesting the war. http://www.artofdharma.org/archives/the-reality-o… More

Susan H: ‎@ EJ – why is it that when judgmental vitriol is not considered funny, it's a sense of humor failure on the part of the readership? How does an immature rant benefit the readership?

15. elephantjournal says:

Ben Ralston: No. Just no. Sorry, but… no. Young Dylan was a beautiful genius way ahead of his time. Maybe even a prophet. Watch "No Direction Home" if you don't believe me. What do you all think? (intro+link via Ben Ralston (Wrongful article by Way (I think he had one too many coffees)

#
    Colin: No one has mentioned that he wrote much of the music for the Beatles.

#
    Kamaniya: He did?! I had no idea!

#
    Diane: Bob Dylan has inspired me beyond belief. I wrote my first one act play about him, I've believed and loved his words, and treasured his actions. Bob Dylan his made a permanent engravement on my heart… Without protest. Without protest.

elephantjournal.com I hear you Diane! ~ Ben R

#
    Diane C Thanks Ben (with tears in my eyes) thank you.

#
    Lance A: When someone doesn't "get" Dylan it usually says much more about them than it says about Bob himself. The author seems to have missed the historic context of the Grammy performance of "Maggie's Farm" which Dylan performed 45 years ago at the Newport Folk Festival when he "went electric" and changed Rock n Roll forever. Now Dylan used the same song to embrace roots/acoustic music.

#
    Ron J: What a puerile little piece. Dylan now is not Dylan then, but it's all Dylan. Perhaps after the writer has gone through a few more changes he'll get it.

#
    elephantjournal.com I was a high school folk singer when Bob Dylan went electric, and boy was I mad. Total sell-out to rock commercialism! (I managed to get over it.) –Bob W.

#
    Erin J: Haters gonna hate.

#
    Terry B: Life's to short get over it. Maybe I should have said he not busy being born is busy dieing

#
    elephantjournal.com Amazing how strongly people react to this. I was taking the piss with my intro (well, a bit anyway)… love Bob or hate him, it's just a musical opinion eh? ~ BenR

Julia:
    Bob Dylan without historical context can only disappoint. His appearance on the Grammys would lead one to think he was nothing more than a talentless hack. The venue surely only proved his historical reluctance to perform there correct. I v…iew BD as a poet and his voice worked well with poetry. Like Guthrie he told the stories that reflected a reality conspicuosly absent from the commercial media of it's day. Great balladers are not known for the musical quality of their voice as much as they are known for the effect their ballads have on shaping history.

#
    Julia: may I add, texting comments from a cell phone is a wee bit of a challenge!

#
    elephantjournal.com Seems like most didn't read my article, given the for or against intro. My article is, at least partly, about how Pandora sucks and cafes and bookstores beat good songs to death…Dylan being first among 'em. ~ Waylon

16. jon says:

you lost me at "hate"

17. Nathan says:

Dylan's musicality is waaaay underrated.

18. [...] Waylon really write that article about hating Bob Dylan??? I’m having a terrible reaction to that… it’s making me not want to read [...]

19. Jen says:

Seriously? No direction home? I quit watching that shitty film about 10 minutes after I turned it on. It does no justice to Dylan.

20. waywuwei says:

Can't we just get to an agreement here: Bob Dyaln is an asshole!

21. Sarah says:

That was the stupidest Elephant article I have ever read. Bob Dylan, Mediocre??? Hahaha- what does this say about Waylon Lewis?

22. yeahyahseriosityman says:

Bob Dylan was a Jewish spy for the Chinese
    and no matter how many times he whined please please please
    they still stuck him in the middle of the cheese inside the moon
    wondering what the matter was

It did didn't matter cause

something had to be the matter

and now somethings is wrong about Dylan and you caught the disease

That's the plan of the Chinese

23. neil galland says:

I just watched the first video posted here, the Victoria Secret Ad. I do not see a sell out, I see Dylan throwing down his hat at what society/marketing has become. This is what you want from me, this is what you think I meant, take it, the book has already been written, hopefully someday you will read it, there is nothing more I can say. The last line, "I'd give anything to be with you", means nothing that Victoria Secret wants it to mean, it means I wish I had the youth and energy to influence you again. Dylan is a clear reflection, that was always his brilliance. And his beauty is now more than ever in the eyes and ears of the beholder.

24. luckyelevens says:

This made me sad. The snide mean-spirited judgements against another human being for choices he makes in his life and art, for the sound of his voice ("worbly horribly wobbling," "annoying drawling" really? But then you claim to "love" him.. huh?), and the fact that cafes play his music too much for your taste (you seriously had a temper tantrum for this reason? Maybe some breathing exercises will help, I dunno.) are not what I expected to read on your site. All this followed by the insulting responses to those who cared to comment and the assumption that most didn't even read the article because they don't agree with the negative spirit in which this article was written. Be careful with your art, Waylon.. some might feel you're not using it the way you should. Yeah, I definitely wish I hadn't read this.

25. Waylon Lewis says:

Bob would deny that he was ever a folkie, btw:
    http://www.twitter.com/elephantjournal Most popular on NY Times, Maureen Dowd's anti-Bob Dylan screed http://nyti.ms/fExQ1V Here's mine: http://bit.ly/eeNKNl

26. Tilda Boshes says:

Hello People! Just wanted to tell you that I found tickets to American Idols Live event on Jul 22nd. In this site you can find tickets for other dates too. It’s astonishing their performance on stage, this is my second time and I’m still so excited about listening those guys live! On this page you can see the section where you’re buying the ticket, so it’s very recommended! Enjoy!!

27. Pablo Cohens says:

Hello People! Just wanted to tell you that I found tickets to American Idols Live event on Jul 28th. In this site you can find tickets for other dates too. It’s astonishing their performance on stage, this is my third time and I’m still so excited about listening those guys live! On this page you can see the section where you’re buying the ticket, so it’s very recommended! Best Whishes!!

28. Have herpes or HPV Cure it now Naturally

29. The Unknown says:

If you said this around me when i was drunk dissing bob dylan, id punch you in the head, just being honest.

30. hildairene says:

De gustibus non est disputandum…and I likevMumford and Sons too….where would they be if not for Bob Dylan

Think about that my son…

31. Kim says:

Really, if you don’t like something, just move on. Why devote time & effort to writing and posting about something you hate? And that’s mindful and Buddhist? ??? I’m listening to Bob Dylan RIGHT NOW (“If You See Her Say Hello”) and listen to him every day. My response to your lazy essay, which really just amounts to, “I don’t like Bob Dylan WHINE WHINE WHINE” is to quote the OTHER Elvis: I can’t find the exact quote, but Elvis Costello once said something like, “You are entitled to your opinion that Bob Dylan isn’t any good. Of course, your opinion would be WRONG.”

32. Kim says:

BTW, it's self-important First World Problem-having hipster fools like you that made me leave the Buddhist community after 10 years of practicing Zen.

33. 13thfloorelevators says:

Or he could find a cafe that isn't pretending to be "alternative" and is actually cool. Not likely to occur in Boulder, though. Those cafes play Tom Waits. lol.

34. elephantjournal says:

Thanks, Carol, good advice!

35. Ben says:

I should clarify that my gripe is more with fans of Bob Dylan and less so with the songwriter himself.

36. 13thfloorelevators says:

Amazing acts do not get overlooked because some shitty reviewer in pitchfork wants to use dylan to overcome laziness.