If you don’t cry at least a little watching this, you need to watch this again.

Via on Apr 2, 2011

Sticks & Stones.

“I’ve had a lot of people come up to me and say, ‘I know not to say bad things. I think before I say something.’ And that’s just amazing, because [they] actually are being affected by my video.”

Uh, wow.

This young lady’s video re: Bullying has “gone viral.” Thank god:

About Waylon Lewis

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

12 Responses to “If you don’t cry at least a little watching this, you need to watch this again.”

1. SriDTMc says:

where is the video?

2. a navarro says:

Bullies are insecure malicious snakes who belittle whatever victim they could target, just to feel better about themselves. New laws should be strongly enforced for shattering a poor girl's soul & self -esteem.

3. Caroline says:

I have a poster of a little polar bear with a broken heart in my classroom that says, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will REALLY hurt me!" It is our responsibility as loving, caring adults to be up-standers, not bystanders, and step in to end bullying!

4. LindaMarie says:

This young woman is lovely and courageous. I hope she can get this message. I really think she is remarkable and a shining light for the world. Blessings to her…and prayers for those that are causing such pain so they will find their hearts and stop.

5. elephantjournal says:

#
    Howard K And somebody needs to show this to Congress and the Wall Street BANKSTERs as well!! Little bullies grow up to be Wall Street BANKSTERs!

#
    Mary F My son was bullied at school and by his father. I worry all the time about his ability to control himself. He is a good person but is easily swayed by stronger and bigger guys. What a legacy.

#
    Jan G Heartbreaking.

#
    Mary F I did see this, teared up and sent her an email. She has tons of courage.

#
    Thomas MC Heart wrenching

#
    Shannon W My ten year old daughter goes through this- with all the same words. I was totally overcome with emotion. and of course…I cried.

#
    Bill A
    When I was a school teacher, I had a zero tolerance policy for any type of meanness. If some kid said, "She has cooties," I would stop the class, make everyone sit in a circle, and talk about what just happened, and ask the bully a bunch of… questions. When the bullies know that their bullying behavior is going to be scrutinized like this, and the light is shined on them, it quickly stops. Then I would talk about kindness. I will tell you, after a matter of days,there was no meanness in my classes, and when I bump into my students, they often tell me that it was the best school year of their lives. It is the responsibility of the adults in these situations to take control, and it needs to start in kindergarten. If I had a situation at school where my kid was being bullied, I would be demanding that the teachers and administrators prevent this abuse of students, especially mine. I would demand that programs be intiated, teachers be trained, and that the school be called together as often as necessary to spotlight the bullies and put them on the hotseat where there can be confronted.See More

#
    Kelley D cooties? that sounds a little mean

#
    Bill A Kelly – It was second grade in th 70s. Now it is bitch, fag, whore and lesbo.

6. cynthia says:

I was bullied in elementary school. It snowballed into me being truant from school and totally altered the course of my education in a very negative way. I can't help but think sometimes where I might be today if not for that. @ Bill A – we need more teachers like you. My heart goes out to this girl.

7. nikki says:

where is that girl's school? we ought to get a group together and hold hands in a big circle of support…and video tape it as our response/support to her!

8. BuddhaBatman says:

I used to be physically bullied in school. Then I started fighting back, and winning. Man did that feel good. Now I'm like, "bring it on"; I can be just as savage as the next guy. That's partly why we still have monkey brain, layers below our A+ brain.

9. sandra says:

I was bullied at two different workplaces: one was a government agency, and the coworker was best friends with the manager so none of us lower ranking hiveworkers could do anything other than quit (which we all did, one by one). the other was a fitness facility where I "got it" from my immediate supervisor and her assistant manager as well as the head honcho running the contract. this time around, one of my aerobics attendees happened to be the assistant to the new hospital president and she urged me to write a letter to him detailing what I went through. Head honcho lost the contract (it was up for renewal) to run the fitness facility and the manager got called in to the president's office and had a new one ripped for her.

it definitely helps to have others on your side when dealing with bullies; we only feel helpless when we feel there's no way to stand up for ourselves. at least now there are online options…

10. Stephanie says:

Thanks for this. I'm teaching a yoga class to Brownies today and the leader asked me to weave into the class the concepts of strength and courage. Physical strength is one thing, but the strength and courage to go against the majority and stand with the person being bullied, I think that might be the most meaningful to kids today.

11. Paula says:

Dear Alye,

You are Beautiful ! Witty ! And Clever!
    It will get better! Thank you for sharing how you feel.
    You really are not alone, there is a world out here waiting to love you!
    Promise!

With love,
    Paula

12. [...] some cheering up after watching this, doubleclick the above video and read the comments. Another powerful heart-shaking video. More resources re bullying. More re It Gets Better. Stephen Colbert. [...]