Sex is emotion in motion. ~Mae West
Sacral chakra concerns: sexuality, reproduction, sensuality, intimacy, desire, control, emotional expression
Sacral chakra essential questions:
- What do I want?
- What turns me on/off?
- How do I express my sexuality?
- How can I relax and go with the flow?
- How do I adapt to change and new situations?
- With whom am I intimate?
- How do I honor my higher self
- What lessons are my relationships teaching me?
2nd chakra thoughts: Apparently, my sacral chakra is blocked, because I cannot think of any worthwhile 2nd chakra thoughts to share. And I even slept on it! Instead, I give you some ideas from brilliant Indian philosopher J. Krishnamurti:
On relationship: “Relationship, surely, is the mirror in which you discover yourself. Without relationship you are not; to be is to be in relationship; otherwise you do not exist, existence has no meaning. It is not because you think that you come into existence. You exist because you are related; and it is the lack of understanding of relationship that causes conflict.”
On sex: “Sex becomes an extraordinarily difficult and complex problem so long as you do not understand the mind which thinks about the problem. The act itself can never be the problem but the thought about the act creates the problem.”
You are my mirror
I am yours
You are so beautiful
I love your ugliness
We are s e p a r a t e
Let’s flow together
- Hip and groin openers such as baddha konasana (Cobbler’s Pose) and crescent moon pose
- Ocean breathing: relaxing your abdomen fully on the inhale, filling the lower belly as well as the lungs and exhaling naturally and effortlessly.
- Yin yoga style pigeon pose and saddle pose, releasing muscular effort and using gravity to open the tendons and ligaments of the hips and reposition the sacrum.
- Practicing next to or submerged in water — a pool, a river, a lake, an ocean. Water is the element of the sacral chakra.
- Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye
- Hips Don’t Lie by Shakira
- The Ocean by Led Zeppelin
- Sexy Sadie and Why Don’t We Do It in the Road by The Beatles
- Let’s talk about sex by Salt N Pepa
Sacral chakra literature:
- The Seven Sacred Truths through the 2nd Chakra
- The Sad Swami: Yoga & Depression by Catherine Ghosh
- The Places that Scare You by Pema Chödrön
- Fear of Flying by Erika Jong
- The Hite Report by Shere Hite
Bonus: Megan Fox Tries To Open Conan’s Sexual Chakra – CONAN on TBS
~ A Mindful Love:
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 442 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 67,236 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 17,122 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,755 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,594 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,644 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,044 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,089 shares 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 878 shares The True Story of a 5-year-old Colorado Cannabis Refugee. 345 shares