Children crave your attention? Give it to them.
- Ditch the make-up: chances are you look nicer without it and your skin will be happier.
- Accept a messy house. (Not a dirty house.)
- Find some funky hats or scarves for those bad hair days.
- Eliminate the television or put a cloth over it.
- Wear comfortable clothes for plenty of movement, turn on some music and boogie!
- Involve children in cooking – They can chop or grate vegetables, mix ingredients, taste test.
- Involve children in laundry – Show them how to load the washing machine and set aside a certain day for “family folding.”
- Involve children in cleaning – Using nontoxic products like vinegar and water, give them a water bottle and cloth and let them polish cabinet doors, windows and furniture.
- Eliminate a schedule (as often as possible), embrace flowing in the moment. – Outside of work or school, try to keep obligations and activities to a minimum or eliminate them all together for a while. Think simple activities: bubbles, chalk, dancing, singing, coloring, nature walks.
- Sit and be with your children, they will thank you!
How do you simplify life, enjoy your children and let yourself become more available to them?
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012. How I Raise My Dying Son.