Children crave your attention? Give it to them.
- Ditch the make-up: chances are you look nicer without it and your skin will be happier.
- Accept a messy house. (Not a dirty house.)
- Find some funky hats or scarves for those bad hair days.
- Eliminate the television or put a cloth over it.
- Wear comfortable clothes for plenty of movement, turn on some music and boogie!
- Involve children in cooking – They can chop or grate vegetables, mix ingredients, taste test.
- Involve children in laundry – Show them how to load the washing machine and set aside a certain day for “family folding.”
- Involve children in cleaning – Using nontoxic products like vinegar and water, give them a water bottle and cloth and let them polish cabinet doors, windows and furniture.
- Eliminate a schedule (as often as possible), embrace flowing in the moment. – Outside of work or school, try to keep obligations and activities to a minimum or eliminate them all together for a while. Think simple activities: bubbles, chalk, dancing, singing, coloring, nature walks.
- Sit and be with your children, they will thank you!
How do you simplify life, enjoy your children and let yourself become more available to them?
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 0 shares 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 0 shares