Children crave your attention? Give it to them.
- Ditch the make-up: chances are you look nicer without it and your skin will be happier.
- Accept a messy house. (Not a dirty house.)
- Find some funky hats or scarves for those bad hair days.
- Eliminate the television or put a cloth over it.
- Wear comfortable clothes for plenty of movement, turn on some music and boogie!
- Involve children in cooking – They can chop or grate vegetables, mix ingredients, taste test.
- Involve children in laundry – Show them how to load the washing machine and set aside a certain day for “family folding.”
- Involve children in cleaning – Using nontoxic products like vinegar and water, give them a water bottle and cloth and let them polish cabinet doors, windows and furniture.
- Eliminate a schedule (as often as possible), embrace flowing in the moment. – Outside of work or school, try to keep obligations and activities to a minimum or eliminate them all together for a while. Think simple activities: bubbles, chalk, dancing, singing, coloring, nature walks.
- Sit and be with your children, they will thank you!
How do you simplify life, enjoy your children and let yourself become more available to them?
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,407 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 22,417 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 14,739 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,074 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 160 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,263 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 430 shares The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,858 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 426 shares