Come to your own rescue while helping and inspiring others.
Break boundaries and norms…what if everyone defined their own measure of success? What if we broke the chains that force us to rely on establishments for livelihood but instead put our support into each other and our passion, our creativity, our individuality?
Fear (and the instilling of it) is THE obstruction to the realization of our truest potential and purpose.
1. Start your own business: it can be anything (but make it something you really enjoy – get creative). Bike delivery, babysit, dog walk, cat sit, run errands, pull weeds, wash cars, be a computer helper/consultant, mow lawns, clean houses, help people un-hoard, help the elderly…
“The world is a great mirror. It reflects back to you what you are. If you are loving, if you are friendly, if you are helpful, the world will prove loving and friendly and helpful to you. The world is what you are.” -Thomas Dreier
2. Be a life coach/tutor: be a muse, an inspiration. Help people of any age study and prepare for something they are trying to achieve…if you ask me, you don’t need a license or certification to do this, just the compassion and drive to want to help others manifest their own positive truths…
3. Become a facilitator/host: bring people together.Host a single’s night or a session for single parents, foreigners, pregnant women, people with pets, post war veterans or any sort of support group…
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” -Mahatma Gandhi
4. Offer classes in something you know and love: yoga, meditation, pranayama, alternative health, juicing, diet and nutrition, sewing, massage, a dance style, a foreign language, how to play an instrument, knit, crotchet, paint, tennis, ceramics…
5. Host a little seminar/be a public speaker: become an inspiration, wow people with the unknown. Invite others to learn about something you are passionate about, flowers, trees, birds, sustainability, compassionate science…
“Know thyself.” -Socrates
6. Freelance: succeed by helping others succeed by offering your consultative and creative services and advice especially to small and privately owned businesses. Help build resumes, make websites…
7. Make stuff to sell: why not share and sell what you love? Food, recipes, custom t-shirts, articles, clothing, crafts, decorations, paintings, drawings, photography, music, books…
“Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know that man is here for the sake of other men.” -Albert Einstein
8. Support the arts in every way: host amateur everything and anything night and get the local community involved. Do it in your city, zip code, neighborhood, garage or basement. Make it for everyone, all ages and see what happens! Performances, plays, poetry readings, art shows, choir, dance, theatre, you name it…
9. Sell what you don’t use anymore: minimize your life and make space. Perhaps with less stuff, you feel less stressed! Sell stuff at a flea market, e-bay, craigslist, garage sale, yard sale, your local classifieds or pawnshop. And, if you still have the receipt, return it!
“Don’t ask what the world needs, do what makes you come alive; because what the world needs most are people who have come alive.” -Howard Thurman
10. Recycle: if you are living in a place that pays for cans, glass bottles, scrap metal, do what you can (and recycle anyway, perhaps the more we recycle, the more facilities we will need and perhaps that would create more jobs?)
I DO NOT recommend going to the casino, placing hope on the lottery, selling your body parts, signing up for scientific testing or taking out any payday loan that could put you in any amount of debt or further debt.
It is possible to exist by doing what we love and are passionate about without fear and the expectation that there always needs to be more. We all just have to want it and want the best for everyone else. There is enough to go around – with a little more consciousness and belief in our selves from each and every one of us, we can change the quality of life for every life form on the planet. We are not powerless.
Never allow any machine devour the great qualities of being human.
“It is better to follow your own life mission however imperfectly than to assume the life mission of another person however successfully.” -The Bhagavad Gita
What do you think?
Relephant bonus: how to get Rich without Selling out:
Walk the Talk with Waylon Lewis: