This year, my plan is to make “Thank You” the new “Fuck You.”
Becoming enlightened is just that simple. I saved you years of practice and thousands of dollars, not to mention some time in therapy. You are welcome.
The Universe has been so good to me, especially last year. It’s given me a million ways to use my new mantra of “Thank you.” Here are some examples of my uber yoginess:
- • I was practicing yoga and one of the other students commented that they couldn’t believe I could still “do it” at my age. Thank you!
- • My mother-in-law recently commented that she didn’t know I worked. Or taught yoga. Or wrote a book. Or existed? She also noted that for the last 50 years I have been loading the dishwasher wrong. I can’t make this stuff up! Thank you!
- • Last year my father-in-law died, my dog died, my mother got cancer, we lost jobs and we were audited by the I.R.S. Thank you!
- • I was at a yoga conference and looking for a strap to use for Natarajasana, Dancer’s Pose, and when I asked one of the organizers where they were, she replied, “Oh, you mean the strap you were supposed to bring from home?” She then grabbed her foot and did the full pose. Thank you!
- • I recently spoke with a senior executive with a big yoga company about doing something with my book, and she noted that since I was not Rodney Yee, she didn’t see anything we could do “synergistically.” Thank you!
- • The same goes for a particular yoga and athletic wear manufacturer who has now promised that I will absolutely never be an Ambassador over their dead bodies. THANK YOU!
- • And to everyone else who will do me wrong in the upcoming year, I appreciate the chance to demonstrate my extreme enlightenment by saying in advance, thank you. Really, I do.
Now I think I need to get to my mat. Namaste, bitches.
Michelle Berman Marchildon is the Yogi Muse. She’s the author of “Finding More on the Mat,” a yoga memoir available from Amazon.com. She is funny, this is funny, don’t write a letter. Thank you.
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 239 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 8,311 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,145 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 625 shares November Energy Forecast: Love & the Twin Flame magic of 11:11. 2,154 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 3,222 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 627 shares Why we must Break to Heal. 1,047 share Why it’s Okay we Won’t ever have Sex. 343 shares An Open Letter to the Nice Guys. 511 shares