This year, my plan is to make “Thank You” the new “Fuck You.”
Becoming enlightened is just that simple. I saved you years of practice and thousands of dollars, not to mention some time in therapy. You are welcome.
The Universe has been so good to me, especially last year. It’s given me a million ways to use my new mantra of “Thank you.” Here are some examples of my uber yoginess:
- • I was practicing yoga and one of the other students commented that they couldn’t believe I could still “do it” at my age. Thank you!
- • My mother-in-law recently commented that she didn’t know I worked. Or taught yoga. Or wrote a book. Or existed? She also noted that for the last 50 years I have been loading the dishwasher wrong. I can’t make this stuff up! Thank you!
- • Last year my father-in-law died, my dog died, my mother got cancer, we lost jobs and we were audited by the I.R.S. Thank you!
- • I was at a yoga conference and looking for a strap to use for Natarajasana, Dancer’s Pose, and when I asked one of the organizers where they were, she replied, “Oh, you mean the strap you were supposed to bring from home?” She then grabbed her foot and did the full pose. Thank you!
- • I recently spoke with a senior executive with a big yoga company about doing something with my book, and she noted that since I was not Rodney Yee, she didn’t see anything we could do “synergistically.” Thank you!
- • The same goes for a particular yoga and athletic wear manufacturer who has now promised that I will absolutely never be an Ambassador over their dead bodies. THANK YOU!
- • And to everyone else who will do me wrong in the upcoming year, I appreciate the chance to demonstrate my extreme enlightenment by saying in advance, thank you. Really, I do.
Now I think I need to get to my mat. Namaste, bitches.
Michelle Berman Marchildon is the Yogi Muse. She’s the author of “Finding More on the Mat,” a yoga memoir available from Amazon.com. She is funny, this is funny, don’t write a letter. Thank you.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,359 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,478 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 8,923 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,940 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,076 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,202 shares The Power of Saying “He’s just Not into Me.” 1,752 share How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 133 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,690 share