Prune Your Hedge.

Via on Feb 17, 2012

Hedges should be pruned as needed using selective pruning methods

Esthetically pleasing hedges can add value to your property, provide privacy or wind protection, and host birds and other beneficial garden insects.

Treat your hedges as part of your overall landscape design with careful planning and maintenance techniques.

Depending upon the age of your hedge and the purpose for pruning, (width, thickness, height or all three) determine your goal and think past what the hedge may hide before hacking away with trimmers.

YouTube Preview Image

Why is pruning so important?

Promotes growth.

Pruning is essential for the good foliage and the overall health of your plants.
Pruning removes any dead branches, leaves and flowers. Plants will grow stronger and look better when all the dead stuff is removed. Pruning can help stimulate more budding and flower growth in plants.

A well pruned plant can get down to the business of growing and producing without the drain of dead foliage.

I love this lady, she really knows about pruning.
YouTube Preview Image

You create a space for nature to do her thing, and then you let her do it

YouTube Preview Image

lovelovelove all bushes everywhere.

About Meghan Currie

I love handstands, motorcycles, smells, safety pins, bicycles, music, moss, languages, books, trees, beets, mud, dancing, diagrams, sewing, teaching, surprises, shaking, yard sales, anatomy, India, instruments, sleeping outside, wisdom, nonsense, sprouts, spoons, seeds, cats, insects, fears, rocks, giving, essential oils, foods that vibrate, photos, Ocean, laughing, naps, spinach, crying, sewing machine parts, singing, Love, wrinkles, long walks, good talks, all creatures, trees, apples, raspberries, learning, breathing....being...

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

10 Responses to “Prune Your Hedge.”

1. Haha! You're so great. I cut my own hair too, I like to feel it in my hands and my neighbors think I'm weird and, and, and

"but I think everyone's the same way, everyone cuts their own hair like this, I think it looks fine"

Just posted to "Featured Today" on the brand new elephant culture homepage.

Andréa Balt, editor elephant culture.
    "Like" elephant culture on Facebook.
    Follow @MindfulCulture on Twitter.

2. Alex says:

omg, you're plugged in. poof.

3. catnipkiss says:

advertise here

Motion Blur 2: Multidimensional Moving Imagemakers
    This reminded me so much of a Canadian commercial I heard a few years back. could not find the direct (free) link, but this is the script:

Voice Over: “Due to the sensitive subject matter, we cannot discuss the benefits of using the Philips Bodygroom men's electric shaver. Instead, gardening tips.”

Gardening Expert Lady: “Nothing says 'I care,' more than well kept garden. That's why it's important to mow your front lawn regularly, and if you have one, your back lawn too. Length is up to you, but the shorter you go, the more that tree out front will impress! Next week, have a bush that is out of control?"

Voiceover: “Philips Bodygroom, shaveeverywhere

SO hilarious!!

Alexa M.

4. I do this all the time! I actually barter with my hairdresser and she is awesome…but I get antsy and forget to make an appointment & cut it myself. (With mixed results-haha!) btw–it's totally working out for you…gorgeous!

5. karlsaliter says:

I just became a fan.

6. [...] how the hell to give yourself a haircut? Click here and get amused and educated by our own Meghan Currie. So anyway. Social Media. What for? For laughs [...]

7. Lauren says:

I cut my hair like this too!! It drive my mama, who is a hairdresser, absolutely crazy!! Thanks for this Meghan. Your posts, videos, photos always make me smile.

8. J C says:

I'm really interested in the painting – can you tell me the name of the artist, please?

9. Adam King says:

You will absolutely opt for a vacuum dealer, cleaner, and a repair center that is trustworthy in case you are a vacuum proprietor in Aurora, CO. The Oreck Vacuum Aurora CO repair shop agency is certainly a Better Business Bureau credited and highly-recognized retailer and repair shop that has a field of proficiency in Oreck vacuums.