What Does Your Sleep Position Say About You?

Via on Aug 3, 2012
via visual.ly

Which one are you?

I’m a “Freefaller.” Not sure it fits, but interesting to think about!

Next to weight gain and loss, sleep is one of the most talked about issues in wellness media. Whether you are a “Starfish,” or a “Foetus” or a “Freefaller” like me, taking care to get enough rest is a big key to taking care of your health as an adult.

When we sleep, we produce human growth hormone. As children, this is important for growth and brain development. As adults, it’s the best anti-aging and body repair tool we have. When we don’t get enough sleep, we exhaust our adrenals. When we add caffeine to combat the fatigue, we exhaust them even further and end up in a constant “tired but wired” state.

Want to do one thing to improve your health this week?

Go to bed an hour earlier each night!

Like elephant health and wellness on Facebook.

About Kate Bartolotta

Kate Bartolotta is a wellness cheerleader, yogini storyteller, and self-care maven. She is the founder of Be You Media Group. She also writes for Huffington Post, Yoga International, a beauty full mind, The Good Men Project, The Green Divas, The Body Project, Project Eve, Thought Catalog and Soulseeds. Kate's books are now available on Amazon.com You can connect with Kate on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments

10 Responses to “What Does Your Sleep Position Say About You?”

1. Chris Fici Chris Fici says:

Definitely the yearner. I've made up my mind and I'm sticking to it.

2. Mamaste says:

Great, Kate.
    What if you sleep in all of these positions in one night? Then it's time for a sleep study. :)
    xoxox
    ~Mamaste

3. Christian says:

A friend told me that he once woke up in the middle of the nigh from intense pains in his legs. It turned out that he was sitting in the lotus pose. I wonder what professor Idzikowski would say about him.

4. Linda Lewis Linda V. Lewis says:

Great info. Kate! I'm a free faller and a side sleeper, which is also good for spooning when there's the right company around. And the right company has to be good for health! Cheers!

5. […] new things, suspicious & cynical, when mind is made up sticks with it. Pretty close, I guess. What Does Your Sleep Position Say About You? via Elephant […]

6. l_vaisman14 says:

I'm mostly a soldier but I switch between that and fetal position.

7. […] What Does Your Sleep Position Say About You? | elephant journal. […]

8. Amy says:

I was always a starfish until I developed neck problems. Now, I flop around from fetal, to yearner, to starfish. Getting old isn't for wimps!

9. Katie says:

I fall asleep a starfish, but often wake up in freefall with numb arms. Any tips on how to stop that in sleep movement?