What if Ammachi was Texan Man Claiming to Be the Divine Father?

Via Julian Walker
on Aug 24, 2012
get elephant's newsletter

A new Rolling Stone article begins like this “A guru named Amma has drawn 32 million people into her embrace – spreading a message of love, compassion and overpriced merchandise…”

From the article:

“Her devotees believe she is the rare being who has achieved full enlightenment on her own, a divine soul in a human body. “

“she acquired a $7.8 million mansion in Maryland, once owned by the Shriver family”

“There is jewelry Amma has blessed ranging from silver bracelets costing $800 to a silver crown for $5,000.

One of the most sought-after objects for sale is the Amma doll: a stuffed, handcrafted replica of Amma whose design seems inspired by the Cabbage Patch Kids. It comes in small, medium and large – $45, $90 and $180, respectively – and the idea is that it provides a kind of cosmic hotline to Amma when not in her presence.“Sometimes, I need a hug from her, and that same feeling of all-accepting love and softness is there,” a nameless devotee says of the dolls on the Amma Shop website. “It is as if she is my little piece of Mother.”Inside the temple, a number of people take to clutching their Amma dolls while staring at Amma, as if trying to double the dose of enlightenment, and seeing them it is impossible not to be reminded of how the line where devotion blurs into obsession, where faith morphs into fanaticism, can become so thin and porous that you can cross it without ever knowing it.”

phoot by pari dukovic

“Amma’s staff is made up not merely of those willing to volunteer their time but also of those willing to pay to volunteer their time. This year’s cost to be a staff member is around $2,000, not including airfare to Seattle, where the tour began.”
‎”Amma pulled her to the floor by her hair and kicked her. “That kind of thing was not uncommon.”
‎””Spirituality is not a form of escapism; it is courage,” she says. “The dog chews on the dry bone, thinking that it is getting flesh, but in reality the taste it is relishing is coming from the lacerations ­inflicted by the bone upon its
own gums.” She does not deny that some may come to her for less than pure reasons, but, somewhat jarringly, she seems to avoid any responsibility in this, deflecting it all back onto her followers. “Someone who does not know how to swim will drown if he tries to swim in the ocean waves,” she says. “Someone who knows how to swim enjoys it. That is the difference.”

I want to invite you to try a little thought experiment:

Think about this for a moment – keep all of the details here the same, but instead of an Indian woman who appeals to our love of yoga and trust in mommy energy, what if it was a Texan man claiming to be an incarnation of Jesus?

Picture a 50 year old white guy in a cowboy hat with long grey  hair and beard up on a throne.

Imagine him:

* hugging people all day,
* selling action figures of himself as a way to pray to him
* having a “stargazer” who sat at his feet in rapture every time he gave blessings to masses of people weeping
*charging $2k for the privilege of volunteering to work in his organization
* selling $5 K crowns he had “blessed”
* rumors of him being physically and emotionally abusive behind closed doors and a story of his closest disciple fleeing under cover of darkness hidden under a blanket on a car floor only years later to recount the underlying dysfunction.

What would you think then?

Bear in mind this is an exact summary of what the article above says about Amma.

Is it possible that our critical thinking and reasoning ability gets blinded by some of the cultural details and a part of us that wants to believe that an enlightened holy person from India might really exist?

Is it possible that built into the very structure of belief in magical gurus is the injunction not to question, not to think critically —because these are manifestations of “ego” and not “being in your heart…..”

Therein lies the rub.

I know many of my yogi friends will repsond by saying they have gotten a hug from Amma and it really was Divine Love (really and truly, without a doubt!) —and that these sorts of things can only be experienced first hand etc…

But here’s the thing:

Providing state experiences of big heart opening and group hysteria is not uncommon. Many gurus have done this, megachurches do this, and most people who study cults are familiar with the technique called “love-bombing” in which new potential members are given as much “love” and validation as possible in order to form a bond with the group.

Large and powerful successful cults also always have most of their followers, donors, and members in an outer circle who receive enjoyment, meaning and even growth from the events and services offered publicly. This PR routine also makes a big show of promoting a perception that the organization is charitable, nobel etc – and in fact that there is not really any organization making millions of dollars – just an extraordinary figurehead who is doing god’s work in the world.

Behind the scenes there is usually a well oiled business model, a network of almost enslaved and obedient devotees, tons of money being syphoned away in covert ways and an ordinary but charismatic person who has been treated like a god so long that they are grumpy, reactive, entitled, agressive, and often addicted to drugs, sexual power, adoration etc…. it is usually not a healthy scene.

But we buy the act and just because she is claiming to be holy (in a way we idealize because it is related to yoga)  and hugging people we don’t draw parallels between political frenzy, rock star groupies, religious hysteria and the deep psychological manipulation that vulnerable seekers are prone to. The dedicated followers in the article sound like lost addicted deadheads following their new mommy from town to town like little ducklings who have imprinted on her hug.

Inducing powerful altered states that:

a) tap into deep childhood psychological needs (I have finally found my divine mother and sacred family)
b) overload our social and emotional centers so that our critical thinking is disabled
c) perpetuate a belief that this woman is a holy divine being
d) encourage people to part with their cash and donate their time and energy to a huge organization

is impressive but perhaps not something we should embrace unquestioningly.

If Amma’s story illustrates anything it is the power of our deep need to feel loved and to reconnect with the archetype of a perfect and all-accepting mother.

But it is a show – it is spiritual theater. Like going to a well-made movie, the feelings are real – but the source is artifice.

No one is literally divine. No person hears your prayers. No doll gives you a hotline to god.

About Julian Walker

Julian Walker is the founder of http://www.yogateachergradschool.com/ where he supports new and established yoga teachers in living their dreams through business development. He is a writer who has been teaching yoga since 1994, and co-teaches the Awakened Heart, Embodied Mind Yoga Teacher Training in LA with Hala Khouri.Julian's writing is featured in the book 21st Century Yoga available on Amazon.com. www.julianwalkeryoga.com

105 Responses to “What if Ammachi was Texan Man Claiming to Be the Divine Father?”

1. philip says:

Thanks Julian. This is an important article for the people who practice yoga in the US and start to equate the practice with magical thinking and also become obsessed with the notion that if something or someone came from India it means it has a better chance of being divine (whatever that means). Amma really is no different than Jan Crouch. Thank you.

2. Jill says:

Thanks, Julian, for being a voice of reason in the yoga world. The prevalence of all the made-up stuff had me wondering if I really wanted to be a yogi at all. I’m doing the asanas, breathing, and meditating, and, “eureka,” it’s indeed possible to do and enjoy and find fulfilling without believing in any hocus-pocus.

3. deleted3199113 says:

First we turn Jesus into a white European and remove all his Jewishness. Now he is a Texan. In truth, I like him better as a Texan. I would like Amma better if she were a Texan. Instead of dolls she could sell used pickup trucks that get 11 miles to the gallon. That's a saint I could believe in.

4. Chispa says:

Glad I haven’t encountered this person in real life. She rather meets the snake oil salesman image in my imagined view of that role. Male or female, yoga or cowboy/redneck, the facade and purposefulness of her business game has nothing to do with yoga or even cowboy-dom. I also don’t doubt that people have felt total love and acceptance from Amma. But that doesn’t move me to support and appreciate such a performance. I do feel a bit sad for those who had to go to her for such attentions.

5. Suri_k8 says:

Maybe it is time for yoga to go secular. I think yoga is great exercise but the rest of the package is bs …what can be more ridiculous than the tipical "ancient tradition" argument that people [specially here on EJ] use in order to validate all the nonsense that comes with yoga….the purists are angry because a lot of people do yoga for the yoga butt , right, and then a lot of people really do yoga for the yoga butt …so I say split yoga into regular Yoga, the kind with all the magical thinking bs some people like and the work-out kind or Woga ..for those who are not really into universal love, energies, vibes and stuff…. Just a thought ..

6. Ed Spyhill says:

The one thing I learned from 12-Step meetings is the value of hugs. Why was it so hard to give a hug and even more difficult to accept a hug. Hugs will heal us.

7. Leslie Gore says:

This is slander, pure and simple. Where did you get this rumor about Amma being abusive? Look, the proof is in the pudding. Unlike most non-profits, no one gets paid to volunteer for Amma's charity. She spends billions each year building hospitals, housing, and schools for the poor. She is so well recognized that she has addressed the UN. Who do you think you are? What do you do?

8. I apprecitat this post and your point! I'm sure you'll be flamed by the 'lovers' because they know only that, and you've threatened it.

I am very cautious around the Amma followers I've encountered… they really do seem to have taken the hugs, 'drank the kool aid' and bought the t-shirt, even at $1K or whatever. And they can only justify their experience as their experience.

What would have happened if you had positied that Amma was a white male with a little paunch belly who went by the name of John Friend? Aren't we all prepared to stare this 'guru' thing down, or will folks still just continue to give away power to those who artfully and skillfully make them feel good while doing it??

Thanks, Julian, the candor is appreciated!

9. jpsurfyogi says:

So sad that a life devoted to serving others, which her life has been, can be so disrespected by a synical ROLLING STONE journalist who would rather tear something down than get behind something beautiful that seems foreign, hard to understand, or "too good to be true". We have become such cynics. "I" have been such a cynic! But not when it comes to this woman. She IS the real deal. Look up her resume. See what she has done. The proof is one's actions, and her actions speak volumes.
    Don't be too eager to believe "scandalous reports". Sounds more like rumor mongering than factual reporting to me.
    And, PS, I was at one of her events, and I SAW the times she had blessed for sale, and your prices are WAY off amigo. All inflated. AND, at whatever price they sell at, all proceeds go to the "embracing the world" foundation, a NOT FOR PROFIT with plenty of cred. Check out who they are. Check out what they do. http://www.embracingtheworld.org/ and then, if you feel so inspired, send Rolling Stone a quick message sharing your thoughts on their "fine journalistic practices". [email protected]

10. Anna Forrester says:

Julian: It's true that our psychological childhood needs can make us vulnerable to abuse. It's also true that our psychological childhood abuses can make us vulnerable to adult abusers. Early in your yoga life, did you perhaps connect with an older female teacher who you trusted too much? Is it possible that that abusive relationship has made you overly closed minded when it comes to spirituality? I am really trying to be helpful here, Julian. You are swinging too hard in one direction, and what you're protecting yourself from (and trying to protect others from) is a good idea from a normal, sub-yogic perspective, but because true spirituality is unavailable on that level, you're cutting yourself off from the heart of yoga practice. To do yoga, you don't have to follow Amma or any other supposedly "divine being." But you do have to be vulnerable. You may be right about some things. Being right in the way that you're being right isn't the answer. It will cut you off from spirit. Please deal with your unresolved psychological issue before you take another wild public swing.

11. Pankaj Seth says:

"Cult' is a descriptive term, not perjorative unless specific beliefs and actions within a cult bring a negative connotation to a particular cult. There are 1001+ cults in India, Bhakti cults.

Cults with strange beliefs are not uncommon… consider all those who believe that the universe was burped up, and the tiny bits thus coughed up then self-assembled due to mechanical forces, into this wonder we now see before our eyes.

There's no shortage of cults. That by itself should be no cause for concern. Given that Amma's cult gives so much vis a vis social welfare, and offers a direction to so many vis a via self-development (Hinduism), what exactly is the problem except that one cult might not like some other cult?

12. Dolan says:

regardless of who it is people feel loved. yes with the wrappings of an indian guru it is much easier for some people to open to the love but it is just a gateway for people to experience love. as for the monetary elements to this, well who knows it set the prices and came up with the idea to charge people and create "x" products. i have seen the behind the scenes of a guru's world and movement and there is a lot of people making decisions and doing what they feel is right and should be done. My thoughts and feelings are this. Regardless it will take a seemingly "outside" experience to have feelings, that is what this world is. wether it is touch, taste, sight or hearing. this experience gives us the inspiration to than reflect internally. so whether it is amma, a song by U2, a yoga class, a hit of drugs or a sunset…just feel the love and feel the connection to all regardless of the label

13. A lot of misinformation in this (and the RS) piece. I'm one who has volunteered (and yes, paid) to serve on Amma's tour staff numerous times over the last 14 years. Devotees who have been around since the earliest tours can tell you about how in the beginning people signed up for tour staff so that they could basically get a free bliss ride around the country with Amma, and a place to stay in a devotee's home in every city. Some of these people didn't actually help out with the cooking, cleaning, and other sevas necessary to produce a program, and Amma quickly put a stop to it. She wants everyone to pay their own way on the staff, and $2000 is about what it costs to spend a whole summer on the road, with travel, food and lodging factored in. You do the math. People do this because they are inspired by her example of selfless service to humanity and they want to give back. It is very common for wealthy devotees to sponsor staff members. Anyone can be on the staff if they inquire. It is totally open. Staff members are asked to do about 8 hours of seva each day. Money that is donated to Amma goes to the charities, period. 100%. Amma lives and travels in complete simplicity. She usually sleeps on the floor, flies coach and has the takes the least amount of personal time/space of anyone I've ever seen.

Yes, many people experience profound healing in Amma's presence. My opinion is that many people are in deep need of love and validation. Very human need that we can all relate to on some level. Amma just expresses love for everyone. Some people are changed forever, some not at all. She does not make any claims about her own divinity. Never has.

People create all sorts of crazy fantasies about what Amma says and does. I used to do that to. Now I feel that it's really very simple—Amma is just doing what is natural to her. We might interpret it to mean many things but in the end a hug is just an expression of love. Yes, it is profound, even though it's not complicated. There's nothing dysfunctional about it.

I have an Amma doll. In the early years, I felt very sad when I was away from her and the doll made me feel closer. Was I working out my mommy issues? Maybe. Probably. But I outgrew that phase and now the doll is just a sweet, handmade doll that sits in the lap of my old teddy bear, which I keep because it is a nice piece of my childhood.

In spirituality we all go through phases of development as we mature and draw closer to the truth. In the beginning we might have infantile fantasies or imagine that everything is wondrously significant and brimming with rainbow chakra unicorn angel energy, and that we were someone famous in a past life. We grow out of it when the time comes. I've learned so much from my time with Amma and she has helped me tremendously in my life. I guess at this point I am not so dependent on being near her all the time, but I still spend a few weeks out of every year working on staff and paying it forward. I really enjoy it, and I learn a lot every time. It's money well spent.

14. Where did I promote her as a semi magical being? Where does she promote herself as a magical or divine being? Can anyone actually find a direct quote to support this claim? Again, Amma is not wealthy. The Embracing The World charity takes in large donations which are used solely in administering to a vast network of charitable activities all over the world. More money of every dollar goes directly to the beneficiaries because of the vast volunteer effort which is inspired by Amma's example. What wealth does Amma personally have? Everything has been donated.

15. Anna Forrester says:

Prajna, I've learned from experience that the facts don't matter to MikeG. He contradicts everything else he's written here by presuming to know that your time with Amma was "wasted" even though he doesn't know you or Amma. He begged Thaddeus to stop writing here even as he himself continued to sling the vitriol. I think Thaddeus stopped anyway, and that's to his credit. I am also never going to respond directly to another one of MikeG comments here or anywhere else on the blog. Perhaps that's a position you might consider as well?

16. Sky says:

Actually Amma is a rock star, think about it and check out this response to the Rolling Stone article http://revolution-groeschen.tumblr.com

17. Ivona says:

I sincerely with that you, Julian, will one day meet an enlightened being and have the grace to experience the bliss around them. I even more wish that you stop abusing mystic Masters.
    I, however, doubt that this will ever happen. Why? Because all these articles come from a person who makes living on yoga. But disrespectfully bashes Patanjali, the Master of yoga for all the work and legacy he has left to the mankind. Shame on you, Julian!

18. kb says:

well that sure woke us all up! No for a bit of this

19. I'm actually a fan of Julian's work, and have heartily agreed with most of the articles he's posted to EJ. I think he's making some valid points here but I also think this piece (as well as the RS one) is a heavy-handed and over-simplified look at Amma and the scene around her. I would encourage him to dig deeper into this one and call out specific teachings and actions. Do some research and let the focus be on Amma herself. Why should she be held responsible for the crazy things people might say or do at her programs?

20. Shyam Dodge says:

Great Post Julian! Many key points made in this article! Been waiting for someone to do an expose for a while now. Kudos to RS and you for doing this important work.

21. Dan's Balls says:

The value of a "guru" or spiritual teacher is the experience you have in their presence and practicing their techniques. Forget the superficial behavior. Julian mind your own house and do not follow a spiritual teacher you have no attraction to. Just your judging mind externalizing its own problems rather than dealing with them directly. Really!

22. Dee says:

I checked out her LA gathering 4 years ago… It was a crowded scene in an airport hotel with multi-hour hugging lines, closed circuit TV of the hugging, many bindi-wearing LA women, men in robes, etc… I enjoyed the company of those I sat with and recognized in the giant hotel convention space and had a very tasty free vegetarian meal served by Amma's followers… Gurus, lineage and the like were discussed… There was certainly no "hard sell" going on…

23. Rory says:

I've seen Amma maybe fifty times over the last dozen years and though there's some truth in the above article it's not really the whole truth as far as I can tell. I guess you really have to see her and dig a little deeper into things. Very easy to sensationalize and denigrate, especially when you don't know the whole story – and when that's what you're seeking to do.

Yep, some people who follow Amma are "crazy" – but then, the way I see it they'd maybe be even "crazier" if they weren't there with her, and are perhaps in the process of becoming "better" or maybe even awesome.

Certainly, I've learned a few things on this voyage from cynic/atheist, to spiritual aspirant, to bliss ninny, to happy and contented, somewhat wise spirituo-normal soul. Man, I even went through a stage where I thought I knew more than Amma. 😉

But, in all honesty, I think she'd probably about the most amazing person who I ever lived. I mean, no credit to her – she was born that way – but there it is. And if your Texan cowboy can devote pretty much his every waking minute to hugging and loving others, while generating millions of dollars for the poor and needy, forsaking food and sleep and comfort and privacy while remaining always joyful and peaceful and fun – and radiating that to such an extent that, whether you want to or not, you can feel it across the room – then I'm all for it, sign me up. :-)

24. Rory (Take 2) says:

Note to self: proofread before submitting, lol.

"But, in all honesty, I think she's probably about the most amazing person who ever lived. I mean, no credit to her – she was born that way – but there it is. And if your Texan cowboy can devote pretty much his every waking minute to hugging and loving others, while generating millions of dollars for the poor and needy, forsaking food and sleep and comfort and privacy while remaining always joyful and peaceful and fun – and radiating that to such an extent that, whether you want to or not, you can feel it across the room – then I'm all for it, sign me up. :-)"

25. Mark says:

"By their works you shall know them". Amma has done so much good in this world it like a tsunami of love washing over humanity.

26. Francoise says:

Indeed, it is important to evaluate the devotees themselves – and the progress of their personal and spiritual evolution. Were they once selfish and manipulative abusers to themselves and others, and Amma's prescription of seva, doctrine, and copious sums of cash have remedied their afflictions? Are they truly better and "cured" individuals? Are there documented cases of individuals who were transformed from their afflictions of poverty, disease, social condition, and insecurities? Perhaps because folks BELIEVE she can transform them, she does. All food for thought. We have the ability to transform ourselves without object-referral, by the way. We are ultimately our own guru.

27. Mothering it says:

Gail Tredwell, amma's attendant for over 20 years just released her memoirs of her time with Amma. Pretty much blows the the lid off amma being any kind of saint. People want to believe that Amina us the real deal, sadly she really is nothing mire than an outstanding con artist.

28. FishyFinances says:

Part 2 of post:

When one Analyzes the date These reports it can be seen at the bottom of each report under "Receipt During the year – Total 'she has declared a total of 5533064070 Rs or U.S. $ 121.35 million based on each year's Rupee / $ exchange rate over this six year period.
    But it is When one looks at the "Utilized" columns That the true picture begins to emerge.
    One Should Also add the "Cash In" and "In Kind" together. The "In Kind" Represents non-cash Contributions: such as high-tech medical equipment Purchased for her profit making Kerala AIMS hospital each year.
    When the "Utilized" she declared areas of what are broken down:
    Activities other than Those above Rs 302663942 5.5%
    Other Expenses 0 0.0%
    Relief / rehabilitation of victims of natural calamities 201556813 Rs 3.6%
    Construction / Running of hospital / dispensary / clinic 983713346 Rs 17.8%
    Construction and running of hostel Rs 169423297 3.1%
    Construction / maintenance of schools / colleges 410663220 Rs 7.4%
    Not Utilized 3465043452 Rs 62.6%
    The hospitals / clinics with 17.8% of Contributions are generating profit (the Governments of India and Kerala actually pay for the small amount of care These hospitals give to the poor). As are the schools / colleges and student housing, Which charge high fees, accounting for another 10.5%.
    Despite the heavy PR about Amritanandamayi's relief efforts, natural calamity relief These Utilized only 3.6% over six years. This leaves 5.5% of foreign Contributions for all of Amritanandamayi's other "Embracing the World" projects.
    A total of 9.2% of Their Contributions actually going on humanitarian works.
    It is believed to the 62.6% "Not Utilized" is probably contributing to her ever swelling foreign banks accounts.
    Then When one looks at the item under the institutional donor list where her income from foreign bank interest is declared THIS is where it REALLY starts to get interesting.
    In the 2011-12 FCRA returns foreign bank interest is listed as Rs 205,169,556 or U.S. $ 4.27 million (based on rate of Rs 48 to U.S. $). For 2006-7 this amount was $ 2.17 million ($ 45Rs to then). I know the amount of bank interest has doubled in this five year period indicated Which would in large Increase in the bank deposits, Given That global interest rates have actually fallen.
    The best annual interest rates on bank deposits are currently in the USA, 1.5%.For Euros in Germany, 1.2%. And for the UK 1.6%. When I know one does the sums and works out the capital based on a global average of 25.1% on this amount declared for 2011-12 of $ 4.27 million one comes up with a figure of $ 342 million!
    And let us not forget That Also we are only talking about income FOREIGN here.And what about Amritanandamayi was FORCED to declare.
    Swamini and her former personal assistant of 20 years, Gail Tredwell, Already has stated in Rolling Stone magazine in April 2012 That it was a common practice in the '90s for her on several occasions to deliver bags of gold and cash to this woman's relatives in the backwaters of Kerala!
    Amritanandamayi is now amongst the top 15 recipients of foreign charitable donations in India. In 2008-9 she was the third highest recipient for the whole of India, surpassing Oxfam and many mainstream westerner based donor organizations. This can be confirmed by the Annual Report of the RFCS for 2008-09, Which can be seen here-http :/ / mha.nic.in / fcra.htm
    The current report for 2011-2012 is not available as yet.
    The MA Math Their returns have not posted for 2012-13 so we have no way of knowing what her current status is wealth. But Given the huge numbers of westerners now attending her foreign tours the amount of foreign donations alone has probably greatly increased.
    We are a group of determined based Western ex-devotees and Concerned members of the public committed to exposing this woman to the world.
    Most of Us Have Been forced to hide our identities Because of the real fear of recriminations from this woman's organization. Activists based in India have had threatened Their Lives When They attempted to expose her.
    We seek to expose the Lies That she is perpetrating on her devotees and how she falsely uses the plight of the poor and needy Within India to solicit massive amounts of foreign donations when in fact this money is NOT being Utilized for this purpose.
    This small window into her foreign currency donations via the FCRA does not even take into account longer available areas as her vast foreign property portfolio. All the foreign centers and ashrams Having been Purchased / donated in the name of her MA and MA Math Math Trust Centres, of which she holds the controlling interest. A That property portfolio includes the iconic former Kennedy-Schriver mansion in Washington DC, valued at $ 7.8 million.
    This organization has NEVER published an annual report or an audited financial statement. The rank and file of her devotees NEVER have any financial information disclosed to them the king her organization.
    We can not understand That blackberries people of integrity and influence Within India have not re Expressed outrage this situation and believe That this woman MUST as under investigation.
    We urge all media outlets to do as we have done, These reports examine and expose this woman who is hoodwinking so many.

29. IDrankTheKoolAid says:

Referring to first Comment: And like, Jan Crouch, Amma has said (in India) that homosexuality is a sin against nature. She won't say that in the West because it would interfere with people projecting all their dreams and fantasies on her.

I've heard she's in tight with right-wing Hindu politicians. This is funny because most Westerners who run after her are ultra-liberal. They don't have a clue what she really supports.

She makes one speech at the UN in support of women, but no one notices how she treats women like crap who are in her own care–malnutrition, contaminated drinking water, inadequate healthcare, sleep deprivation, no real exercise (she thinks menial labor will cure all their ills), and of course they are totally dis-empowered and are treated less than second-class citizens in her own ashram.

But then of course she wouldn't want any competition. She's the Alpha (Purusha) and even the men are lowly women to her. She cares about control and power. Everything is about becoming the number one guru of India and amassing a huge empire of for-profit businesses in the name of charity, while stashing $100s of millions in foreign bank accounts. It is hard to tell if she really cares about anyone other than her own family members who have become famously wealthy.

30. Kripa says:

How wonderful it would be if there could be someone of the immense heart and vision as Amma in as many different types of body as possible – even a Texas cowboy?

31. Jai Ma says:

i just have to laugh at how ill informed the writer is…just a negative view of a beautiful soul.