Best description for a period, ever.

Via on Nov 2, 2012

Via Tumblr:

Click here for image source and full cartoon.

Bonus, via Kathryn Budig: On Yoga, Chocolate & Periods.

About elephant journal

8 Responses to “Best description for a period, ever.”

1. Olga says:

HAHA This is fabulous!

2. Jessalyn says:

This is one of the best period jokes/metaphors of all time. And the uterus face just gets me every time.

3. Maya says:

Sorry but I just don't agree. This is a really sad, antagonistic view of our bodies.

4. Cortney says:

I find this extremely offensive. This is the reality for women like me and millions of others who have struggled with fertility issues and who are really trying to conceive. Nothing is funny about the hurt and pain you feel each month when your period shows up. Luckily I am 4 months pregnant now but it has been a long difficult road.

• elephantjournal says:

Hi Cortney—we're reader created and so we have many views represented. I'm sorry you found this offensive. Consider writing your own piece? You can submit to write@elephantjournal.com. ~ Bryonie

• Faun says:

This is reality of all people with a menstrual cycle. You are literally saying that the menstrual cycle is offensive and that people with menstrual cycles shouldn't express their feelings of them either and that we especially cannot express it with humor. I'm sorry you had so much trouble getting pregnant, but you do not own the experience of menstrual cycles, that most female-bodied people experience.

5. Jessica says:

This is so perfect. It’s how I’ve always described it too. As someone who has suffered painful periods every month for my entire life, I’ve always felt that my body was furious at me that once again I ‘failed’ and damnit was I gonna pay!!!! Ha! Love it. Love this website. As for people taking offense, well lighten up people. Lighten up. Maybe they’re the lucky ones who don’t have painful periods! It’s not about fertility here, it’s just how it feels to have your period. And man does that uterus work hard. It actually makes me appreciate how powerful and amazing my body truly is. As much as it hurts. Cheers.

6. Jean Richards says:

Womankind's ability to reproduce humans far exceeds humankind's ability to provide clean water and food to provide for the humans. Stop reproducing NOW unless you want to be responsible for even more deaths by thirst and starvation. Humans have exceeded our earth's carrying capacity thus dooming most of us and our four – footed life mates to a life of scrambling for water and food. Reproducing is a most unkind and heartless endeavor.