I don’t know about the rest of the world, but sometimes I find getting to the mat can be difficult.
Maybe it’s season change or my many excuses, none of which are valid, that are holding me back. I’m even having a hell of a time getting my Yoga Teacher Training students to participate in the studio where they are training. It seems to me to be so strange that you want to teach yoga but don’t want to be part of your local studio or community. If you don’t connect with local community who are you going to teach too?
Here are five reason you should practice yoga at a studio:
1. Human connection! It’s very important to be part of a vibrant community and to chat with like minded individuals.
2. You could use some help with your poses. You may not realize it, but your butt is sagging during Chaturanga and your knees are hyper extended in Uttanasana. A well qualified compassionate teacher will help with your alignment and form. Proper alignment and form can make the difference between a lifelong practice of injury free yoga and giving up on your practice because of pain and injury.
3. It’s good for you to get out of the house and learn something new. When you practice alone all the time you get stale and you tend not to try new things.
4. It keeps you on your mat. Find a friend at yoga and commit to coming three times a week. Yoga with a friend keeps you motivated.
5. You open up to new experiences by participating in workshops and community events. Yoga is an investment in you, and consequently that becomes an investment in the world.
The biggest message I took away from reading the Gita for the 10th time is action!
Stop talking and start doing. Your life isn’t going to live itself!
Editor: Brianna Bemel
Like elephant Yoga on Facebook.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,373 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,562 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,368 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,990 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,814 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,232 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 150 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 3,644 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,731 share