An environmental short that brings together powerful storytelling and stunning imagery.
The vivid images of nature and Summer flash across the screen to heart-stopping music. Her words are powerful and the overall effect is chilling. Wow. The film might be short, but, dare I say… it’s epic.
eXtinction is very much an urgent call to action as it is a chilling account of what we stand to lose. Oftentimes such widespread change seems so out of reach—but when you are able to juxtapose it against something as fleeting as a person’s life, it becomes vividly apparent.
~ Summer Rayne Oakes, Star of eXtinction and Writer/Producer/Actress
I hope you’ll take a few minutes to watch eXtinction in full right here:
The artistic film highlights ten of the most pressing environmental issues in the world and here are the hand-selected organizations (via extinctionfilm.tumblr.com) that have been at the forefront of effective solutions. Please consider donating to one for the holidays.
- I Love Wetlands. Save wetlands with Wetlands International.
- I Love Forests. Conserve world forests with Rainforest Action Network.
- I Love Oceans. Support our international waters with Oceana.
- I Love Insects. Save pollinators with the Xerces Society.
- I Love the Amazon. Help the indigenous communities of the Amazon save the forest with Amazon Watch.
- I Love Glaciers. Inform yourself on the effects of climate change on our earth’s last remaining glaciers with the Extreme Ice Survey.
- I Love Corals. Protect colorful corals with Reef Check.
- I Love Water. Give the gift of water to those in need with Charity: Water.
- I Love Earth. Believe that one person can move mountains with Foundation Earth.
Like elephant green and enlightened society on elephant.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 0 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 0 shares 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share