Why it is so Important to Speak your Truth.

Via on Apr 15, 2013

b80a169cc7ff25469fb2b507ca1e2899

Has anyone every done something to you that has made you want to punch them in the face?

Come on. Admit it. Of course they have. You’re not sure whether you should call them out because you may hurt their feelings. But you know what sista’? You gotta!

They may turn things around, make it seem like it’s not their fault, blah, blah, blah. They don’t want to deal with owning their bullsh*t.

Whether or not you think someone can handle the truth or not, keeping speaking the truth. When ‘they’ say the truth sets you free, ‘they’ are not joking. Don’t get entangled in others web of lies. Speak the truth, even if it hurts. Only the ego can be bruised. An awake person can handle the truth.

Trust me.  They will thank you later.

Easy peasy, right?  You can do it and I want to hear your steps to implement.  Please leave a comment in the box below.

And if you like this post, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

Be Sociable, share!

Like The Mindful Life on Facebook.

Ed: Kate Bartolotta

About Hayley Hobson

Hayley Hobson is an author, speaker, business coach, yogi, Pilates and holistic nutritional expert based in Boulder, CO. Hayley creates lifestyle transformations by coaching her clients to strengthen, nourish and evolve through the cycles and shifts in life. Combining cutting edge understanding in all three disciplines due to years of anatomical study and dietary theory, Hayley’s approach leverages their blended benefits and results. Her unique and intelligent style promotes strengthening while softening–empowering her client’s to heal not only their physical bodies, but their hearts and minds as well. Hayley studied at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, continues her studies with David Wolfe, raw food expert and is an essential oil expert in her own right.  Her insights and articles can also be found on her blog, Mindbodygreen and Islaorganics. She has also been featured in Pilates Style magazine, Natural Health magazine and Triathlete Magazine.  She has fun running and playing in the mountains with her husband, former world-ranked triathlete, Wes Hobson and their two beautiful daughters, Makenna and Madeline. To learn more about her nutritional courses, events she's hosting and custom programs go to her website or follow her on Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest.

10 Responses to “Why it is so Important to Speak your Truth.”

1. I agree totally. Too many people mask the truth or hide their feelings and are disappointed when you don't quite know what's up. Speak your truth…as best you can and then roll with the punches.

2. wedad says:

I agree 100% , For me speaking the truth means one things ,becoming closer to my authentic self .
    Am in a stage of life where am approaching a shift within me which wil result in a major shift and change in my outer world , your post definitely touch a soft spot inside me (in a good way)
    Keep it up
    Om Shanti

3. Noelle says:

Perfect timing. Truly something I needed to hear.

4. veenaveda says:

I agree for sure. So long as you, we can share the truth from a place of love and not blame, otherwise that's just projecting our BS in to the situation. But absolutely agree we need to be clear about what we feel, need and want in life.

5. Julie says:

No…… I do not feel the urge to punch someone in the face if they are unkind to me.
    Other people's behavior is their problem, not mine. My reaction, if I choose to have one, would be to look at it from their point of view as well as my own.
    I find that usually if people are behaving badly it is out of ignorance, fear or low self esteem . Sometimes you can help people see the error of their ways, sometimes you can't.
    If I can't, then I observe in a compassionate, non confrontational, non reactive way otherwise the situation will escalate.
    Or, if my ego is out of hibernation, they will get the sharp end of my tongue!

6. abby says:

Stand in your Truth always – speak with a compassionate tongue.

7. " Recently I’ve found myself in one of those awkward situations in which I’m unsure of the wisdom of telling the truth – of saying to a certain individual – the words burning in my throat. While I’ve been telling myself that its best to show restraint, I’ve come to suspect it’s only fear that makes it easier to say nothing. But the real problem is this; stranded between my choice of cowardly silence and the desire to give voice, I’ve become stuck, unable to fully commit to either – or any – course of action.

This has got me thinking a lot about Patanjali (the revered medieval sage of yoga) and his Sutra on the meaning – and ramifications – of truthfulness. Especially, his teaching that truth (satya) is about much more than just abstaining from lying, it about the finding the courage to ‘speak’, even if difficult or painful. This is necessary because words in themselves are talismanic forces that shape reality and call the world into being. We must be established in truthfulness, not just to increase our moral virtue, but to increase our power to achieve what we want – even our destiny – in the world."

8. Martha says:

Very difficult to get clear on the truth, the deepest truth, and not come from wanting to get satisfaction from being pissed off. That's a good way to make the situation way worse! What is the kernel at the core of the truth?

9. Jack Smith says:

I like your point with regards on your post, It seems to be interesting and great to hang out with friends.

10. 19 months ago I found out my husband was having multiple affairs behind my back. He told me that he'd planned to stay with me until I found out, since it was convenient for him. We'd pursued a passionate, devoted spiritual path together throughout our 23 year marriage, with a foundation of integrity and authenticity. We saw ourselves as becoming New Humans, building the New Earth. The women he became involved with are on a shamanic tantric path, training to be Sacred Sexual Healers. They've never taken responsibility or admitted any wrongdoing. I still feel an inner urgency to speak my truth, that they knew better and acted selfishly with no consideration for me as a fellow human being, that they are in denial about their actions. Yet I'm conflicted because I'm convinced I'll lose my center and come off looking like a whiney victim if I try to speak. I've been processing this for almost two years, and the urgency to speak won't go away…