Yeah, me, the crazy, natural freak is here again.
This time, I am here to teach you how to make your own diaper cream.
I have been doing a lot of research lately and even the brands we think we can trust might have ingredients in the products that are harmful to our brand-new babies.
Making your own product is actually easier than you think—many of these ingredients you probably already have at home.
I am an all-natural kind of gal.
So if you think I’m a nut about what I put on my own body, can you imagine what I’m like with my little girl?
That beauuuuu-tiful new skin?
You wouldn’t catch me, a holistic health coach, putting any crappy irritants on my newborn. No way. No how.
So, I’m sharing my recipe for DIY Au Natural Diaper Cream with—what else, but essential oils. Duh!
What You Need:
- ¼ cup coconut oil or shea butter
- 15 drops Lavender essential oil
- Glass measuring cup
- Glass storage container
1. Pour the coconut oil into a glass jar. Hopefully it’s stored in a warmish place so it’s not too hard to begin with.
2. Put about 1-2 inches of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once it starts to boil, put the glass jar with coconut oil into the saucepan until completely melted (3-5 minutes).
3. Once melted, remove from saucepan and let rest for 5 minutes. Add essential oils and stir until combined. *reminder, please only add essential oil when the mixture is no longer hot (you want to retain the essential oil properties).
4. Pour into glass storage container and allow to cool.
5. Once solid, you’re done! Just apply a small amount when needed.
Note: Once your recipe is created, keep in a cooler place so it remains solid.
I’ve just given you a fantastic way to make your own diaper cream. I’d love to hear your comments. Have you tried something like this before? Please leave your comments in the box below.
P.S. I use essential oils for their holistic properties; they are the most effective natural medicine I have tried.
Lavender: soothing, calming, great for burns, rashes and skin irritation.
Like elephant health & wellness on Facebook.
Ed: Bryonie Wise
hot on elephant
Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. Join: Elephant’s Fall 2016 Academy. Welcome to September’s Eclipse Season—Anything is Possible. Thank You to the Men who Didn’t Know what they had—When they had Me. Wait for the One who Falls in Love with Your Naked Soul. 12 Ways to use Our Sun Sign to Find Our Life’s Purpose.