Relephant to this:
I’m a big Rudi’s cinnamon toast fan. Makes the whole house smell like I’ve been baking. Organic granola and almond milk is good. I like to have lemon and water to drink–we’re dehydrated in the morning. Coffee! Good coffee! Great coffee! (Fair trade). Banana (never conventional), grapefruit, some fruit (if citrus, after I’ve had something to drink). That said, I skip (too) many breakfasts.
Ideas via friends of friends sur la Facebook:
1. Quinoa as cereal. Cook a big batch at the beginning of the week and keep it in the fridge. Eat it with almond milk, agave nectar and fruit on top…stir fry organic veggies and a little organic basmati rice (my fav) or a green nano smoothie made with almond or rice milk.
2. Miso soup with tofu! I have it every morning. It’s warm, protein-based and miso is yummy…miso soup with non-gmo tofu and whatever else. Or spelt toast with tahini and tomato and salt and lemon, or lentil soup. I believe in lunch for breakfast. Lunch is a better meal, just do it earlier …less sugar and empty carbs and more fun.
3. Protein smoothie with powdered oatmeal, frozen fruit and protein powder of your choice…Get a juicer! Chia seeds in fruit shakes is also superb…I highly suggest having green smoothies! The basics are: 1 banana, a handful of berries (frozen okay), a spoonful of almond butter, and a spoonful of chlorella (that’s the green part) and a bit of flax seed oil. This is a great way to start your day: easy to digest and packed full of nutrients. With that, vary your bfast each day and stay clear of high sugar content dishes (like processed cereals and pancakes).
4. Oatmeal, with cinnamon on top: put a handful of blueberries on top with a handful of pecans or walnuts…a little splash of milk when it comes out…I like a few diced apples in there too…after it’s out and done…and a slice of rye toast…Definitely oatmeal with cinnamon and honey and almond milk.
5. A slice of toast, with peanut butter, and some sliced bananas on top….or Ezekiel Sprouted Bread with local honey, or almond butter, or peanut butter, jelly, avocado and sriracha, whatever you’re feeling on your toast.
6. Oatmeal. Or yogurt and granola.
7. We buy these frozen organic whole grain and flax waffles for Stella…a smear of earth balance and some agave or honey and it’s quick and mighty tasty.
8. Smooottthhiiieess. You can use almond milk with lots of fruit, throw in some spinach (don’t even taste it) and plain instant oatmeal! Lots of protein, super filling, lots of nutrients and you can do it half asleep or hung over…I juice my fruits and then throw my greens in the blender with the juice. Three recipes: “Ready, Set, Breakfast!”
9. This may sound weird, but last night’s leftover dinner, because I usually have ‘not quite enough for another meal, but don’t want to throw it out’.
10. For more: Recipes! Good Morning Sunshine: 5 Yummy Vegan Breakfast Ideas.
11: Big fan of the vegan hash brown omelette, quick and delicious… Peel, grate and then squeeze liquid from russet potatoes. Lay in a pan with some olive oil and press into a pancake. Sprinkle salt pepper and a generous layer of nutritional yeast, then veggies of choice. I like baby spinach, mushroom and thinly sliced tomatoes. Flip in half into an omelette form, turn over, serve with a good salsa, or hot sauce if you like. It’s yummy!
But before breakfast, give this a try:
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 0 shares 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 0 shares