Mantra: I Am Thankful
Exercise: Camel Pose
Camel pose stretches the front of the body including the chest, abdomen, and quadriceps. It improves your spinal flexibility, as well as opening your heart center.
1. Kneel on the floor with your knees hip width apart. Make padding under your knees if they are sensitive. Your thighs will make a ninety degree angle with the floor in your initial positioning. Press your shins and the tops of your feet firmly into floor as your base anchor.
2. Draw your hands to your lower back, with the bases of your palms on the tops of your buttocks, with your fingers pointing down. Inhale and lift your heart by pressing the shoulder blades against your back ribs.
3. If you feel enough of a stretch, remain in this position. If you feel that you need more of a challenge, reach your hands back one at a time to grasp your ankles or heels.
4. Press your hips forward so that they are over your knees.
5. Let your head lift and drop back moderately, opening your throat.
6. Stay in this pose anywhere from thirty seconds to one minute. Feel your heart open and full. Repeat in your mind “I Am Thankful”. Count the many reasons in which you are thankful, or simply embrace the essence of gratitude. To exit, return your hands to your lower back if you have reached further towards your feet. Inhale and lift the head and torso up. Lead with your heart as you come back to starting position. Sit back on your heels and rest for a few breaths.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 once or twice more.
In light of our American Holiday, Thanksgiving, let’s take a moment to cultivate sincere gratitude. Consciously feeling the power of gratitude opens our consciousness to receiving.
Think of a time when you gave something to someone, and they expressed sincere gratitude for your gift. Didn’t it make you want to give more? Now imagine a time when you offered a gift to someone who appeared ungrateful, or even outright rejected your gift. It probably made you second guess your gift as well as restrain from gifting that person again.
The acts of Giving and Receiving are inseparable. When you are in a sincere state of gratitude, you are also in a state of acceptance and harmony. You resonate a frequency which will then attract to you the events, conditions, and circumstances that your heart desires.
Today, please count your endless blessings. Be grateful for your health, whatever state your health is in. Be grateful for you family, your friends, your work, your hobbies, your pets, your creativity, your unique face, your unique voice, your life experiences, your home, your personal possessions, etc. etc. etc.
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 106 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 38,172 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,418 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,764 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,907 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,630 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 225 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,239 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 111 shares