‘ A hearty laugh gives one a dry cleaning, while a good cry is a wet wash.’
— Puzant Kevork Thomajan
I was going to write about the cliched aspects of love, then I thought about it and started laughing so I took the bull by the horns and decided to write about exactly that ‘Laughter.’ I have been observing how people get so down on themselves during Valentines week, have you ever noticed this? Society leads us to believe that there is only one day of love out of 365 days and if you don’t have someone to love on that day then your a looser right? wrong. Let’s put a stop to this now, where’s self love? where’s universal love? and most importantly where’s the fun in it all? So without wasting anymore of your precious time this leads me on to the real reason why I decided to write this article on Laughter and it’s Benefits. Oh! and as an experiment, just observe how you feel right now and then how you feel right after reading this article and watching the You Tube clips then let me know in the comment section below, you know I always LOVE to hear your views:)
Laughter is the best Medicine.
Humour is totally infectious. The sound of laughter is far more contagious than any roaring cough. When laughter is shared it brings people together and increases happiness and intimacy. Laughter triggers healthy physical changes in the body, it strengthens your immune system and boasts your energy. Any pains in the body you experience will diminish from having a wee giggle and it will also protect you from the damaging effects of stress, but best of all this medicine is, wait for it….. totally free!!
Laughing with Others.
The social benefits of humour are profound. Humour and playful communication strengthens relationships keeping them fresh and exciting and it also unites people during difficult times:
- Be spontaneous- Humour gets you out of your head and away from your troubles.
- Let go of defensiveness- Laughter helps you to stop judging, criticising and doubting.
- Release inhibitions- Laughter helps you release and let go.
- Express your true feelings- Deep seated emotions may rise to the surface, let them go.
Take a look at this clip below with laughter Guru Dr Madan Kataria, it’s so simple but it works and you can see why.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEfjVnYkqM
And from the east we move to the west, it’s so magical to see one of the many things we all have in common coming to light.
The Best Ways to Help Yourself See the Lighter Side of Life:
- Laugh at yourself- Take yourself less seriously.
- Attempt to laugh at situation rather than moan about them- Look at the humour in a bad situation and the irony of life. This will help improve your mood and the mood of those around you.
- Surround yourself with reminders to lighten up- Keep things around you that make you smile and laugh, funny toys, photographs, the list is endless.
- Keep life in perspective- Many things in life are beyond our control, especially other peoples behaviour. While you may think that taking the weight of the world on top of your shoulders is a heroic thing to do in the long run it’s damaging to yourself and unrealistic, unproductive and damn right crazy.
- Deal with stress- Simply laugh, you wont feel stressed.
- Pay close attention to children- Children are experts at playing, taking life lightly and laughing, why not take a leaf out of the younger generations book?
- Smile through life- It’s the only way forward.
- Laughter’s sexy:0)……Wahey Guru!!