Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~Anaïs Nin
3rd chakra concerns: integrity, willpower, digestion, energy, achievement
3rd chakra essential questions:
* How do I act with strength and compassion?
* Am I speaking and behaving with integrity?
* What will I achieve today?
* How shall I express my personal power?
* Am I following a wholesome diet that is conducive to healthy digestion?
* What negative habits do I need to give up? What positive habits should I cultivate in my daily life?
3rd chakra thoughts: Start small. Start now. Discipline does not equal denial. Self-discipline is choosing health, happiness and wholeness over lazy habits and instant gratification. Ego has an endless supply of excuses. Why you must delay. Why you mustn’t evolve. Ego likes sameness. Willpower is making a difference. Maintain your truth no matter what chaos is going on all around you.
3rd chakra poem:
Breathe into your belly
Go with your gut
You have the will
You know the way
Be gentle with yourself
Yet strive for growth
Then drop all the balls
And know peace
* Uddiyana bandha (abdominal lock): exhaling and pulling the abdomen back and up
* Medium to fast sun salutations to warm the muscles, produce sweat and get a great cardiovascular workout
* Core strengtheners like boat pose (navasana), double leg lifts, plank pose, crunches and so forth
* Practice under the hot sun or near a toasty bonfire
* Light My Fire by The Doors
* 32 Flavors by Ani Difranco
* The Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young
* Feeling Good by Nina Simone
* The Distance by Cake
3rd chakra literature:
- Essortment: Third Chakra
- Getting out of my mind: drugs, yoga, meditation and me by Kara-Leah Grant
- An Affair I’d Like to Forget by Lynn Hasselberger
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 2,287 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 9,780 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,298 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 18,742 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,043 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 210 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 3,596 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,137 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 91 shares