1. Because most of the time we’re being critical of our own bodies in front of the mirror, it’s a relief when you turn us away from them.
2. We’re so grateful for the peace that finally comes to us after Savasana, please don’t advertise your studio announcements or your class offerings at the end of class. We would love to hear about these at the start of class.
3. Please offer modifications without the preface of “if you have back, neck, etc problems.” We don’t like being reminded that we have an issue. Just the modification please. Consider “if you need to protect your neck” or “if your neck isn’t feeling up to this”.
4. We love it when you let us see the real you. Your humanness is what keeps us coming back.
5. No one enjoys super loud music in a yoga class ~ no one. Oommph, Oommph, Oommph is for the gym, not yoga. We want to hear your cues.
6. We always appreciate a spritz of essential oil or a stick of incense after your prior class. Walking into a stinky room isn’t a great way to start a yoga class.
7. Please breathe with us. When you rush our breaths, we lose our practice.
8. Remind us all to hold our drishti. There is nothing worse than being stared at in class and it’s always a relief when you remind students to hold their own drishti.
9. Please offer modifications in both directions, harder and easier. It makes for a welcoming class for all levels.
10. When you remind us at the beginning of class that the most advanced students know when to take child’s pose and don’t let their egos run their practice, it gives us all permission to rest when we need it.
11. Always remember that we’re all grateful for the gift of your class. We know you’re not making millions teaching and you really do make a difference in all of our lives.
~photo by freedigitalphotos.net Yoga shot by Ambro
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 110 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 42,922 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,514 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,846 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,027 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,800 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 245 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 2,521 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 111 shares