Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more.
The pairing one might only dream of has happened:
Whedon plus Shakespeare.
I’ll admit it, I’m a bit of a fangirl.
I was always more of a Firefly/Serenity fan than of Buffy and Angel, but really, Joss Whedon is one of my favorite writers/producers/directors of this…umm…ever. Dollhouse was cut down in its prime, and of course, The Avengers was amazing.
So imagine my delight to hear that Joss was taking on one of my favorite Shakespearean comedies!
1. The film was shot in 12 days at Whedon’s home.
2. He’s using an elegant, minimalist approach in a modern setting (take that, Kenneth Branagh).
3. Nathan Fillion as Dogberry!
4. Amy Acker and Alex Denisof as Beatrice and Benedick.
5. If the rest of the film is anything like the trailer, I will be back the day after it opens to see it again.
You get the popcorn; I’ll bring some candy:
Releases in the U.S. June 21, 2013.
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 59,398 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,746 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 13,492 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,347 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 10,790 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,018 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares February’s New Moon in Pisces & Solar Eclipse. 2,180 shares