Last night, after numerous tantrums due to electronic malfunctions and my general sense of overwhelm, the power went out.
Fuck you, Mercury Retrograde! I yelled at the top of my lungs.
My first reaction was panic; I freaked out that not only had I been soaked by a torrential downpour, but now, I couldn’t work.
I couldn’t work!!!!
The tantrums started all over again.
Here are five things I learned last night:
1. Sometimes, the universe is smarter then I am. Nature, through her wisdom, teaches us that we are not in control and that anything is possible.
2. Slowing down is not the worst thing I can do for my heart and my health.
3. I will not die without Facebook, elephant journal, Twitter and Instagram. In fact, chances are, I’ll live longer.
4. A bath is more romantic by candle light (well, I knew that one already—but there’s a certain peace in the air when the power is out).
5. There is magic in everything and sometimes I am so distracted by what I think is important, I miss what actually is important.
My tears dried and with a weary heart, I crawled into bed with my dog; warm body, beating heart.
This is what life is about.
Like elephant journal on Facebook.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 2,287 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 9,780 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,404 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 21,472 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,250 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 222 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 3,884 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,137 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 91 shares