Don’t worry, they‘ll tell you.
Bonus! This makes fun of me, too!
…and I only know this because they won’t shut the f*ck up about it.
10 CrossFittm Things:
2. The first rule of CrossFittm is:
First rule about Crossfit: talk non-stop about Crossfit.
3. Let’s get serious: “Actual CrossFittm involves standing on the medicine ball while throwing and catching the weight. Then posting on instagram, twitter, and facebook about the activity.”
4. Another great CrossFittm video via our elephriends the Kloons: “Cross Fit by Jesus.” Tithe it up:
“CrossFittm works. You’ll just have to take my word for it.”
5. More CrossFittm humor:
6. Seriously, be careful with your alignment and joints, friends:
8. So many quotable quotes. Serious around 4 minutes in.
“CrossFit, starts in the gym and ends on Facebook.”
“Crossfit. They take all the boring shit, like safety…and effectiveness. And replace it with cool shit, like violence…and danger!”
In conclusion: like paleo or gluten-free, CrossFit is good, but Crossfit the fad is sketchy. Do it responsibly.
- Because it’s a fad, a lot of inexperienced people from the general populace try to jump into crossfit.
- It’s often very large group classes with 1 or 2 instructors trying to teach very advanced techniques.
- A lot of instructors are simply bad. They barely know what the exercises are. So they can barely teach 1 person at a time, nevermind 20 at a time.
- A big emphasis is placed on olympic lifts. And a big emphasis is played in using olympic lifts for high reps. Olympic lifts are highly technical and are generally never performed for more than 3 reps at any moderate or higher weight. It’s just stupid trying to turn such a lift into a cardio exercise. A recipe for inuries…”
Love elephant and want to go steady?