Some days are not easy days.
Some days, things seem pointless and purposeless. Some days, we just want to throw in the towel, crawl back in bed and ignore the world for awhile.
That might be that’s the right choice, on occasion. Other times, it’s quite simply because we don’t want to sit in the discomfort for one minute longer. But maybe we should. Sometimes, the lesson to be learned is just on the other side of that place, should we choose to stay.
For those days, these quotes offer me grounding, reassurance, inspiration and a plain old kick in the behind to get (or keep) myself moving.
- “What you’re believing in the moment creates your happiness or your suffering.” ~ Bryon Katie
- “Do you have the patience to wait till your mud settles and the water is clear? Can you remain unmoving until the right action arises by itself? ~ Lao Tzu
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.” ~ Winston Churchill.
- “Comfort zones are most often expanded through discomfort.” ~ Peter McWilliams
- “Courage is grace under pressure.” ~ Ernest Hemingway
- “Never mistake activity for achievement.” ~ John Wooden
- “Be all in or get all out. There is no halfway.” ~ Various
- “If you dare nothing, then when the day is over, nothing is all you will have gained.” ~ Neil Gaiman
- “Quality is not an act, it’s a habit.” ~Aristotle
- “Success is not a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.” ~ Arnold H. Glasgow
May your days be courageous, purposeful, and full, as is your heart.
Author: Michelle Sweezey
Editor: Catherine Monkman