3 Signs you’ve Met your Twin Flame.

Via Kate Rose
on Nov 2, 2015
get elephant's newsletter

love

~

*Dear elephant reader: if you’re single & looking for mindful dating or conscious love, try out our lovely partner, MeetMindful.

~

“Ancient lovers never forget the echo of each other’s hearts. An ocean of lifetimes may pass but still, in the end, your heart will guide you home.” ~ Unknown

The twin flame relationship is unlike any other—but how do we know when we have actually met him or her?

The idea of twin flames is old, but as society has undergone an accelerated spiritual awakening, the term has become more widely known and accepted.

The basic difference between a soulmate and a twin flame is that anyone in our life could be a soulmate—including a parent, friend, child or lover.

The twin flame connection is only a romantic relationship.

The twin flame relationship is described as the division of a single flame that was placed into two different souls. These two souls are then reincarnated over the course of several lifetimes gathering human experiences and learning—usually only coming together during one of their last lifetimes on Earth.

The reunion of the twin flames is the ultimate undefinable romantic connection of two souls.

But this connection is far from easy—or simple.

While many karmic relationships masquerade as twin flames, there are inherent differences that separate the twin flame from any other type of relationship.

“Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.” ~ N.R. Hart

One of the first signs that we have met our twin flame is the high level of understanding that we feel toward one another. We simply make sense to one another, and while we may sometimes wonder about what our choices, we simply understand their soul.

There is also a familiarity between twin flames that makes us feel like we have known each other forever.

It is this quality that makes our connection timeless. It’s the feeling of looking into another’s eyes and seeing ourselves reflected back at us.

It’s not always going to make sense and it’s not going to follow any predetermined timeline, but it will shake us to our core.

Because every once in a while we meet someone—and from the very first meeting it feels like coming home.

This is what it feels like to be looking into the eyes of our twin flame.

“…Both twins feel simultaneously inspired and toppled by the union.” ~ Unknown

Another of the surest signs of the twin flame connection is the synchronized push and pull toward our mate.

This type of connection is overwhelming at times and terrifying at others.

At the very best it’s everything we’ve ever wanted and at the worst, overwhelming because of its emotional depths.

The twin flame relationship is not an easy one to navigate.

To make matters worse, there is historically a runner and a chaser phase within each union.

While the reasoning behind these roles are still much unknown, it seems that as part of the equal division of the Yin-Yang energy upon creation, there is one partner who is constantly scared of the connection (often the male energy) and the other who is the validator (usually female) of all the feelings and energy present.

It’s not to say that the runner can’t then become the chaser, but historically there is one twin flame who is the first to express their heart and lay it on the line.

It is then up to the runner to see if they are soul ready to accept this type of union and relationship.

Fortunately, this chasing and running phase doesn’t last for the duration of the relationship, but it is usually present in the beginning, until both people are accountable for their past, including any lingering emotional or mental baggage.

Many people often dismiss the twin flame connection because of the initial difficulty, but it is this hard beginning that truly defines the twin flame relationship.

Only our twin flame can hold up the mirror to all of the aspects of our lives where we are stuck and need to grow. But both partners must decide whether to stick around for the metamorphosis or to pull a permeant disappearing act.

“People who are meant to be together will always find their way back to each other. They might take detours in life, but they’re never lost.” ~ Christina Silverio

Twin flames will have the most convoluted love stories—this is not a boy meet girl, boy falls in love with girl and boy marries girl type of love story.

No, this union will be more like boy meets girl, boy runs away from girl, girl marries another, boy travels the world, boy and girl meet again decade’s later, boy runs from girl again, and girl runs from boy—so forth and so on.

Sometimes twin flames just aren’t ready to come together in a particular lifetime—but even if we are, our storyline won’t be an easy one.

The entire purpose of the twin flame experience is to challenge one another and wake each other up to be the best possible version of ourselves—but not everyone is ready to be awakened.

Not everyone is ready to dive to the depths of their soul, to see what lurks there—and sometimes, no matter how our hearts feel, in the end, it is sometimes easier to run away.

The major theme to a twin flame connection is that no matter how many times we part ways—we always seem to find our way back to one another.

Time becomes irrelevant—because souls don’t understand the concept of months or years—we only understand the feeling of powerful eye contact and of the incredible soul shaking energy when our chakra points line up with another.

And it’s because of these intense physical responses, that everything else just drops away when two twin flames come into contact with one another.

The twin flame connection is a powerful life changing force because of the deep spiritual and emotional connection.

We could spend years running from our twin flame—only to realize that in the end, it wasn’t them we were running from, but ourselves.

It’s not easy living an awakened authentic life, but if our twin flame is knocking, then why not answer?

Because sometimes, it’s not difficulty that haunts us the most, but what is left undone.

“Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.” ~ Paolo Coelho

~

Relephant:

The Phenomenon & Meaning of 11:11: The Twin Flame Connection.

Author: Kate Rose

Editor: Ashleigh Hitchcock

Photo: flickr/Tayy && Kae

About Kate Rose

Kate Rose is an artist, free thinker, lover, writer, passionate yogi, teacher, mother, rule breaker and rebel. She can usually be found walking barefoot in the moonlight between worlds with the dreams of stars still hanging in her hair while swaying her hips to the music of life; smelling of sweet bourbon and honeysuckle. She lives for adventure and wakes each morning with the excitement of a new day waiting to unfold at her feet. She truly believes the best is yet to come and waits, with bated breath, to see what it may hold. Follow her on TwitterFacebook or Instagram, and find more of her words on her website

Comments

18 Responses to “3 Signs you’ve Met your Twin Flame.”

1. I deeply needed to be reminded of this today. Thank you. I have met two twins flames. The first one doing an ayahuasca ceremony in Peru, and I knew I loved him as soon as I saw him. A fire ball of energy erupted from my chest, and into his, as we hugged, and then came back into my heart.
    The second one occurred a little over a week ago and the energy flooding my body both in his presence and away is beyond electric. I was shaking when he came close to me. His first touch was to reach over and brush sand from my cheek and I had to marvel that I didn’t crumble under his touch. He has goosebumps when he touched me. Then we hugged and neither of us wanted to let go. I could not eat for three days. I didn’t need to.
    Magnetic.

2. G Chenny says:

Most destructive, passionate, disastrous, beautiful experience of my life and I doubt we will see each other again in this dimension.

3. Cheryl says:

Hi. I really enjoy your philosophy on things. It’s been quite a climb. Positives vibes are much needed. I cannot wait to be out of the climb. I am humbled.

4. Anabel says:

I have a questio, i kknow i met my twin flame but he passed from this world. What happens now? Will we be together again? For eternity

5. Ceana says:

Very interesting article Kate. Thank you for that I was more interested in the pattern that you mapped out for these relationships.Because I have two friends who are my soul sisters as I am sure our meetings were pre-destined , who are going through relationship situations exactly like what you described.And they are in that stage where they made the advance with such bravery only to be rejected so cruelly and hence they moved on and married/ are going to marry other men. Is it possible that one person can be fortunate or rather unfortunate( to see them is such pain)enough to witness the struggles of two twin flame crisis in one lifetime?

Infact is a union of these twins possible in this lifetime?

Without going into details, one is set to marry a man( not her twin flame ofcourse) who understands this odd predicament of hers( she got lucky to find someone like that) and the other friend,she wasn’t so fortunate and her marriage completely collapsed. But she says she is happier than ever and she could go her entire life ,even of she doesn’t marry him( the twin) per se,with him in her heart.

This is a very very concise nutshell of their respective stories and I hate to see these girls go thru all this but all one can do is be there for them if this is their life path right?

Would appreciate any guidance

Much love

Ceana

6. Diana says:

Since middle of the last year i started to see numbers repeating on my phone almost every day, at first i was like “it’s a coincidence” even though i’m very oppened to everything, beliefs and things. Then it kept happening and i started to feel weird about it, it surelly mean something. I don’t remember how but i started to get involved into the flame twin thing around 1 month ago, and it perfectly describes a relationship i have with a person, that i have never had with someone else, something so powerfull that it even scared me. I believe he is my twin flame, without any doubt, the level of sincronicities and what i feel for him and what we feel when we look each other is unbelievably out of this world.We are not together, but i dream with him, he appears at random times inmy mind through the day, i see his name, we where even born in the same day, same month and year. The other day i saw 11:11 on the clock, and i couldn’t believe it was there, of course it means something. Now scrolling down my facebook wall, i found this article moments ago, it all make sense, i swear my heart is filled with the most pure love for my twin flame. It’s so wonderful, i believe in this, thank you for writing it, and inspiring us who experience this to keep believing ♥

7. Mark says:

As someone who HAS met their twin flame, when I read stuff like this I need to comment and say, not true!
    There are just three things people need to know about this subject if you really want to know if you have met your twin flame?
    1. when face to face your chakras activate and you may receive a message from your higher self. (i did)
    2. Psychic abilities. you may have had them beforehand. I was born a medium, this event woke me up to who I am.
    3. mutual attraction unlike anything you have experienced. you both know something is "different" and may be scared of each other because of it.

8. Mark says:

Two twin flames? are you serious.
    A twin flame activates your chakras and you need to be psychic. You are not. don't use the term twin flame to describe normal relationships. nothing normal about what I've been through.

9. Beebee says:

What do I do? Three weeks ago I met my twin flame through a dating site. We finally met in person about a week later and when I saw him I just knew he was the one. We went for dinner and then cocktails after. We then went back to his place were we snuggled up on the couch and talked. It was all so perfect, from the way my hands fit into his to his to how we were perfect spoons. We could be completely open and honest with each other and had precise views on many things. But now he's running! He needs space to grow more. He wants to do it alone. But it feels like someone has torn me in half. It was far easier walking away from my 11yr relationship this past summer. I cannot even begin to imagine ever being with anyone else ever again. I have yearned for this man for so long, even before I was aware of the twin flame connection. Finally I find him just to loose him again! I know I should let him go, but I don't know if I have the strength to survive it this time. And somehow I just know that this is my final reincarnation!

10. Tormented says:

I met him when I was 16 when we kissed it was u real.
    He moved away and I got into a serious relationship.
    I have met up with him countless times since we first met and the passion, the oneness the feeling like i just cant be ok without him by my side is just too intense. I’ll be ok for months and then i’ll start missing him and strangly enough he will contact me some how. I dont want to feel like this anymore. He is very much the runner. Its been 8 years. I feel pathetic because I can see he just doesn’t understand what we feel when we are together. Im a well balanced person but this is forever torturing my heart. I started seeing reccouring numbers 3 years ago. Initially 2222, but the last year and a half its been 11:11. Loads of significant things have happened on 11:11 days too. Please if anyone can help me to just let go or find peace I just need to feel whole.

11. Ana says:

Thank you for writing this Kate. Suddenly a problem I’ve been wrestling with (and beating myself up over) for weeks makes perfect sense. After reading your article I feel like a huge weight has lifted from my shoulders. Your clear writing, understanding of the subject, and obvious talent have blessed my life today.

12. Melissa says:

Strangely enough, one month ago I was reunited with the one man who was ” the one.” He is passionate and considerate of me. I want to be with him very badly. I also had been to a woman who does readings and she told me this would happen. If was 6 months ago, and when I saw him after being out it hit me like a ton of bricks. This man is somehow going to shape a part of my life.

13. KatyLynn says:

Mark, Don't be so hard on Sarah because of your own experiences. I just learned of this term "twin flames". I have always believed that we have multiple "soul mates". Meaning people our souls were destined and almost Required to come into our lives. And I feel I have met several of them already. But from what I have read…a "Twin Flame" has to be a one and only. I think some of us are also just Really good at connecting with other like souls which quite frankly sounds like what Sarah is describing. I believed I had just met another soul mate in my life, but the differences were overwhelming. Still are. I didn't know until I knew. Sarah sounds to me like she was in a very open beautiful spiritually awakened state and made soul connections that were overwhelming on those 2 occasions. And perhaps some people FEEL this connection so deeply that it feels like they've met their twin flame…until they really do…and then they know. We don't know what we don't know. Right? So don't be so quick to judge her comments. I would love to know what it is that you've been through that has caused you to be so painfully negative toward the lovely connection stories that Sarah was describing. I have a strong feeling that it must be something that is incredibly painful for you involving your twin flame. Sending you happy energy Mark. I am replying as a guest here, because I just stumbled upon this website. But I am very curious about your story.

14. KatyLynn says:

I just learned of this "twin flames" thing. Both of us married to other people…Neither of us in a place where we were looking for someone…Both of feeling a hole in our lives like something deeply important was missing…Both on a spiritual journey leading us away from the "religious" practices we were brought up in….born 30 days apart, on opposite ends of the country. Neither of us the physical type we thought we desired…A chance meeting that required MAJOR amounts of "coincidences". And for me it was an instantaneous KNOWING that I HAD To know him. Not some crazy sexual desire (that came later)…Just an overwhelming feeling that I Had to know this person. So I made it happen. We became the best of friends, then lovers and constantly an incredible feeling of wanting nothing but the very best for him…even if that meant being without me. I would have sacrificed anything to make his dreams come true. It was a terrifying experience to fall in love with him…to let myself admit it. But as I let myself fall, I learned to love myself as well(the first clue). It is an incredibly painful and beautiful love story that is still trying to unfold. So many obstacles…none of them powerful enough to keep us apart. We took some compatibility tests, soul mates quizzes …and then another and another trying to figure out what this incredibly undeniable force was bringing us together….and they all described us as being much more than soul mates. One said, you have discovered something very unique, you are twin flames. It is the only explanation. But you don't know, until you know.

15. Aiyanna says:

I absolutely agree with Mark on this. Didn’t eat for 3 days? Try making yourself force down food for 5 years. I understand that all experiences are different.. but, this sounds similar to the story of how my husband and I met. We’ve had a wonderful 13 year marriage, until I met my twin flame. THE twin flame. Multiple? No way could my soul endure double.. I’ve barely been able to get through the meeting and merging of the ONE. Long sleepless nights, waking up choking on your own tears, and struggling to get through the night apart. The days never end, the aching and the dizzying confusion of when the next mere glimpse will take place. The dispersion of your own self, at the lack of the other. Choking back tears, every day of the last 5 years, because the connection is so powerful.. words can never be enough to describe. I have ‘2,342’ heart beats for him, and he’s managed to stop every single one.

16. Masey says:

so I met a guy when I was 15, and we connected instantly, we even shared a kiss.
    As time went by we developed a real close intense friendship, where we would talk practically everyday about anything and everything. We then began to talk to each other about people about people we were seeing and thats when things took a turn for the worse and we began to argue a lot and we just stopped speaking.
    we have a lot of mutual friends so would hear or see him from time to time but nothing like before.
    He's in a relationship with someone now.
    I would often and still have very vivid dreams about him and when i would talk to a friend about them, they would often be what is happening in his waking life. I also get a lot of synchronicity whenever i have a dream, in particularly the time will often be his birthday. A few years back i decided to reach out to him because i got a lot of signs that reminded me of him and he mentioned that i was also in thoughts, but he didn't or doesn't want to try and rebuild a friendship even-though there are still signs of a connection, which I'm fine about because there are things about him that I can't stand and i find it frustrating because i still have dreams about him. The other week i was on the phone to one of our mutual friends who happens to be my best friend, and i was talking about something and as i looked through my phone he had a status that more or less said the exact same thing, so i decided to reach out after my friend said i should. this time when i reached out we had a conversation which is something we haven't had in a long time (It could usually be quite hostile on his side so i avoid them). after we had the convo i went to bed that night and as i was drifting off i saw the yin yang sign merging together and each part of it had fire around it.

After reading this post i can relate to the signs mentioned in this post, i am new to this type of spirituality and consciousness. so was wanting to know if what I'm experiencing an encounter with a twin flame or coincidence?

Thanks.

17. Lilly says:

I met a coworker, he is kind of an introvert. The first time we bumped into each other in the office he just gave me this intense stare, like he wanted to kill me or something. But it was weird because I know it wasn't a death stare. I knew it was a I like you stare. As I passed his office daily I started to say goodnight, good morning. His intense eye contact did something to me. One day the office was pretty empty. I walked by and decided to be brave and have a random conversation. I had never seen anyone's face light up like his did at that moment. It's hard to explain. Just being in his presence made my day. I started stopping by his office daily to chat. He seemed happy every time and we just talked about nonsense, dumb stuff but those 5 mins every day made me happy to get up in the morning.

One day we found ourselves at a company function together, he told me he had feelings for me but in a way that confused me a little. When he was done talking his dead was kind of tilted downwards as he looked up at me like a child that just told his parents he did something bad. It was so cute. I never expected it so of course I was an idiot. I should of continued the conversation and asked him questions but of course I just smiled and said yeah. I am an idiot.

So a year goes by and nothing changes. We still talk. I feel his eyes on me every time he passes my desk, that amazing eye contact.. I finally get up the courage to ask him to lunch. I do understand he's very busy and usually only takes a short lunch break (alone). Both times I ask him, he agrees but when the day roles around he can't because a meeting, or something. 'How about next week he says' but then never brings it up. I gave up after 2 times.

About a month goes by and I get a new job offer. I give my 2 week notice and tell him. He looks shocked but says he's happy for me, his face said otherwise. On my last day he wasn't there, working from home. I felt crushed but surprisingly not completely so. It's 4:45 pm and I get up the courage to send him an email. Something like just saying bye, sad you weren't here today etc. Gave him my personal email, cell number. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to hear from him. I got hom and checked my email, nothing 🙁 The next morning I check me email and there he is! Turned out he emailed me about 5 mins after my email to him, (looks like my home wifi wasn't working so I didn't get it right away). I was so happy. I didn't want to look desperate so I responded the next day. I was feeling bold so ended the email 'If you'd ever like to get together let me know, I'd like to be friends' …He again responded right away 'Yeah, I'd like to, maybe sometime next week?' Of course agreed and said yes just let me a day or two before….

Next week roles around, nothing:( week 2, nada. I am just feeling sad at this point, like it's all I can think about. Things are going through my head all the time, like what could I of done? Did the 'let me know a couple days before' thing turn him off?…So a month goes by, nothing. I decide to email him one last time. No response. Now it's pretty obvious. At first I felt sad, then I felt relief. At least now I know 100% that it was all in my head, he never felt anything for me. Oh well. I have had crushes in the past and when it doesn't work out, about a month and they're out of my head. Not the case here. After the week of that initial sad phase I started thinking about him again, often. Almost 5 months later I still think about him, daily. I dream about him at least twice a week. I have tried dating other guys and even if the guy is nice, handsome it doesn't matter. I only want him and the feeling is getting more painful.

I'm sorry this is so long I just want you to see the whole picture. Could he possibly be my twine flame? The runner? What can I do to move on, or should I expect him to come back?

I should mention that he's married. All he had to do was tell me one time that he likes me but is married and that would of been fine, hurtful but fine. With no closure I'm dying inside.

18. Msw says:

Just wait, they will come. Patience is your best friend right now and belief will get you through. I strongly believe you indeed have met your twin flame and together you will transcend within this lifetime. From the bottom of my heart I know this is true. Be patient and kind to yourself, allow yourself to love others even knowing this live will only be temporary. Your role still continues. You have much to give and learn in your connection with others. In the mean time keep eye on your beloved and if reasonable to do so help guide them down the path you ultimately know is right. Stay positive stay true, don't ever stop believing love will follow through.