Hello there! We meet again, and this time I am inviting you to the kitchen.
I know you and I barely know each other, so I will put you up to speed: I am better at writing a poem than I am inside the kitchen; basically, I am pretty terrible. Okay, just terrible.
With this said, you must be asking yourself if you should keep reading?
Totally! (Spoiler alert: the pancakes came out amazing!)
Fun fact: I love, adore, and you can say, I am always in the mood for pancakes! However, I don’t enjoy that stuffed feeling after eating pancakes made with a pre-made mix. This is why I decided to try this recipe, and absolutely loved it!
Let’s get our apron dirty! Just kidding; we don’t really need one!
This recipe is for 3-4 portions of pancakes. Or for two if you eat as many as me.
What we need from the Kitchen:
1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of sugar, or we could also use agave
1/2 juice from a lemon (don’t go crazy with the lemon, else the pancakes could taste super bitter, not yum)
1 cup of non-dairy milk; I used almond milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
How to create this deliciousness:
1. Mix in a container: flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
2. In a different bowl, mix the non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, vinegar, and lemon juice.
3. Now we add the liquid mix to the dry mixture, where the flour is, and whisk away until velvety smooth.
4. Let this rest for 5-7 minutes. This is your coffee/tea break. Enjoy!
5. Now, pour the mixture into a pre-heated pan, and flip the pancakes once you see many tiny bubbles forming on the surface of the pancake.
6. Top it with fresh fruit, agave, shredded coconut, or whatever you fancy.
Tip: if you are just making them for yourself, use half the measurements in this recipe, and that is enough for one.
Voila! Bon appétit!