View this post on Instagram
As I sit with my mom watching “Star Wars: A New Hope” (episode 4), my mouth falls open.
I never realized in the other millions of times I watched this movie as a kid how deeply spiritual it is.
The dialogue about the Force never hit me in the same way as it did today. I’m not sure the last time I watched this movie, but this is the first time I comprehended its much deeper themes.
The Force, a mystical energy field that helps the Jedi knights overcome “evil,” could be compared to what some refer to as divine consciousness, Spirit, God, source energy, and intuition.
We’ve also heard this described as Qi, Chi, Prana, Ki, Life force energy, Vital force energy, Kundalini, Tummo, Shakti, the Holy Spirit, etheric energy, and so many more.
As I sit bathe in memory and hear some of my favorite lines being spoken, I keep getting hit with a tsunami of recognition as to how deeply metaphysical and spiritual this movie is. I’m stunned in the best way possible.
I learned that George Lucas did a lot of research on the “Hero’s Journey,” which is found in every culture and every religion. I also know he aligns with Buddhist principles. Pretty cool.
Watching childhood movies as adults brings new perspectives and deeper comprehension. For me, it’s almost like seeing them for the first time.
As a child, I interpreted the Force as being magic. And on a level, it is! It’s the magic of the divine universe and all its wonder. It’s the result of using our minds to create worlds.
After watching “A New Hope,” we immediately rented “The Empire Strikes Back,” and my mouth fell open even wider.
I’ve also seen this movie more times than I can count, and again, the wisdom of Yoda hit me differently.
Here are 20 amazingly spiritual quotes from “Star Wars: A New Hope” and “The Empire Strikes Back”:
1. “The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It’s an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
Wow, just wow. I got chills during this part. I also love the deep connection between Luke and Obi-Wan in this scene. It made me tear up.
2. “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” ~ Darth Vader
Me too, Darth, me too! As much as people say they have trust, their actions and words betray them.
3. “Use the Force, Luke.” ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
Trust your intuition, it will never steer you wrong.
4. “Don’t underestimate the Force.” ~ Darth Vader
Don’t underestimate the power you are capable of channeling.
5. “No! Not different. Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned.” ~ Yoda
Talk about conditioning and social programming! We must uncover our true selves under all the muck, dirt, and projections.
6. “The Force will be with you, always.” ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Universe lives inside of you, and it is always accessible. Always.
7. “A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it, I was in the presence of my old master.” ~ Darth Vader
The body doesn’t lie. Listen to it.
8. Luke: “I don’t…I don’t believe it.”
Yoda: “That is why you fail.”
The power of our beliefs and perceptions is what creates our reality.
9. “May the Force be with you.” ~ Han Solo
May you realize how deeply connected you are.
10. “You must learn the ways of the Force.” ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
You must learn how to use your mind for what you want.
11. “Your destiny lies along a different path from mine.” ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
Know thyself and trust the path.
12. “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.” ~ Yoda
Woah. Yes. I’m speechless.
13. “Let go, Luke.” ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
Surrender and release resistance.
14. “He’s got to follow his own path. No one can choose it for him.” ~ Princess Leia
A great reminder that everyone is allowed to make their own choices, no matter the projection from outside voices.
15. “A Jedi must have the deepest commitment. The most serious mind.” ~ Yoda
You get what you think about, and your reality is a reflection of your beliefs.
16. “The Force is strong with him.” ~ Darth Vader
He knows himself and the power of his mind.
17. “Luke, trust your feelings!” ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
After Obi-Wan is struck down by Vader, he becomes a spirit guide to Luke. And spirit guides always remind us of our strength, resilience, and inner wisdom.
18. “You will find only what you bring in.” ~ Yoda
You will only manifest what you consciously call forth.
19. “The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master.” ~ Darth Vader
We are all the masters of our fate.
20. “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.” ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
I am the Universe, and the Universe is me.
Read 18 comments and reply