View this post on Instagram
When I read Osho’s words, it’s like I feel space inside me expand.
His words and how he speaks about life are so different from the culture, the world, that I (and so many of us) grew up in—where we’re conditioned to believe we must be a certain way, where things are good and bad, where we’re made to feel “bad” if we don’t do or feel what’s idealized as “good.”
But Osho will say, “Just be who you are.”
Just be who you are.
I think the world would be a much more beautiful place if we lived like this—with the softness, the lightness, the acceptance.
Here are 15 Osho quotes to awaken your heart:
1. “With me, illusions are bound to be shattered. I am here to shatter all illusions. Yes, it will irritate you, it will annoy you – that’s my way of functioning and working. I will sabotage you from your very roots! Unless you are totally destroyed as a mind, there is no hope for you.”
2. “Don’t seek, don’t search, don’t ask, don’t knock, don’t demand—relax. If you relax it comes, if you relax it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it.”
3. “Go inwards. Find your inner space, and suddenly, you will find an explosion of light, of beauty, of ecstasy — as if suddenly thousands of roses have blossomed within you and you are full of their fragrance.”
4. “Love is wild; its whole beauty is in its wildness. It comes like a breeze with great fragrance, fills your heart, and suddenly where there was a desert there is a garden full of flowers.”
5. “Commit as many mistakes as possible, remembering only one thing: don’t commit the same mistake again. And you will be growing.”
6. “Just look at life with more playful eyes. Don’t be serious. Seriousness becomes like a blindness. Don’t pretend to be a thinker, a philosopher. Just simply be a human being. The whole world is showering its joy on you in so many ways, but you are too serious, you cannot open your heart.”
7. “You should live in the world but remain untouched by it. You should remain in the world, but the world should not remain in you.”
8. “Tantra says that unless you are filled with light, how can you help others to be enlightened? Be selfish; only then can you be altruistic. Otherwise the whole concept of altruism is nonsense. Be happy; only then can you help others to be happy. If you are sad, unhappy, bitter, you are going to be violent with others and you will create misery for others.”
9. “When one surrenders, one becomes like a valley. One becomes depth, not height. Then the whole existence begins to pour into him from everywhere. He is just a vacuum, just a depth, an abyss, bottomless. The whole existence begins to pour from everywhere.”
10. “Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.”
11. “You feel good, you feel bad, and these feelings are bubbling from your own unconsciousness, from your own past. Nobody is responsible except you. Nobody can make you angry, and nobody can make you happy.”
12. “The less people know, the more stubbornly they know it.”
13. “Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized.”
14. “My whole love and respect is for the person who accepts himself totally, as he is. He has courage. He has courage to face the whole pressure of the society which is bent upon splitting him into divisions — into good and bad, into saint and sinner. He is really a brave, courageous being who stands against the whole history of man, of morality, and declares to the skies his reality, whatever it is.”
15. “Buddha is a Buddha, a Krishna is a Krishna, and you are you. And you are not in any way less than anybody else. Respect yourself, respect your own inner voice and follow it.”
Read 11 comments and reply