Your a bad speller.

Via on Nov 26, 2010

And yes, “its” embarrassing.

Find the typo. Please:

Via the Whoa.

About elephant journal

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

27 Responses to “Your a bad speller.”

1. elephantjournal says:

You nailed it. That said, capitalize the first word in a sentence…and, elipses only have three dots, not one two three four five six seven with a random space after 'em…come on! ~ Waylon

2. kajyoga says:

you're.
    i can't help the smarty pants in me.

3. ARCreated says:

elipses…..have as many dots as you need to get your point across :) or to emphasize a particularly long pause….. :)

creativity can be utilized in writing to. sometimes capitilization is a choice. as are sentence fragments. You know what cured me of being too worried about spelling and grammar etc? having a brilliant, yet dyslexic son. You find that misplaced and misspelled words don't always mean laziness, lack of intelligence or any other thought process that often goes through our heads. As a reformed grammar nazi I understand the urge, but the point is to communicate and sometimes that takes a different form than what we "expect".
    (for the record if I am going to put something on a poster I would probably have it "proofed" for such errors as seen above) But in the end maybe its about letting go — even here…:) Last time I checked we are human and get to be imperfect and make mistakes? Just sayin

• elephantjournal says:

I think you meant… "it's about letting go."

That said, interesting points, love it. Certainly in poetry such forms can be played with. But often such grammatical license is lazy, or speedy—representing an opportunity for us to slow down, and be present.

As a Buddhist, we're taught to let go of attachment. Not respect for form, which makes space beautiful. ! ~ Waylon

• melissa says:

Thank u for the intelligent insight!

• 13thfloorelevator says:

The point behind using proper spelling and grammar is that; (1) speech is communicative, and lack of uniformity diminishes the communicative value of the speech, and (2) when the work contains errors, it suggests that the substance is equally sloppy and the reader loses faith in the reliability of what is meant to be communicated. Laziness and lack of intelligence are not the issue, per se. I'm sure your son is bright, but pragmatically speaking, he will either need to find a way around the problem or avoid professions that require skilled writing altogether.

• ARCreated says:

1. so you are saying it all has to be uniform? doesn't allow for different languages, creativity, cultural, educational or any other differences? I say bollucks. ESL with quirks in grammar does not diminish anything, in my humble opinion they enrich communication.
        2. errors are human, perhaps emotion is more important sometimes than "correctness"??? I agree that when reading a professionally edited book, errors make me question their validity. However in things like posters and online comments etc. I find attacking grammar a pointless gesture. For me it's like judging a book by it's cover.
        3. Obviously he doesn't do anything that requires a serious amount of writing, the point is if you judge his intelligence by his writing he might appear stupid, when in fact he is more than simply bright.

• ARCreated says:

People have often thought those who can't read are "stupid" — but that is simply not true.
          I reiterate that I too once judged on grammar (I catch myself doing it now and then still) but I don't agree with it in principle. I tend to look now at the content of what is said…and that my friend has made all the difference in the world.

4. Leigh Ann says:

It drives me nuts when people don't know the difference between your and you're! Oy.

5. Adriana says:

"Your" title of the article gave it away. <:-) Way too easy…

6. yogi tobye says:

there, they're, their… its, it's… you say tomato… I say bite my shiny metal arse!

7. Jeani says:

I saw the "your" / "you're" right away, and yes the title gave it away but "it's" embarrassing, as well. ;)

8. candicegarrett says:

Or how about inappropriate apostrophe usage! and "it's" versus "its."

Have you seen this: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

or this http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe

love the oatmeal.com!

9. jennifer says:

Foe Sell. Yard Sell. Sell = Sale around this neck of the woods!

10. diana says:

oh dear.

11. CynthiaKQB says:

Anxious v. eager; news anchors screw that up ALL THE TIME!

12. Patricia says:

What about "suppose to" and "could of"?

13. ARCreated says:

key word "sesm" and what if you miss out on intelligence, insight and wisdom because you are so busy judging based on a fluid system? Words and grammar that we consider correct now were not so at one time…language is fluid, it shifts with place and time like all things. I too have "pet peeve" words, and although I might correct them, in the long run I do not find them embarrassing or relevant to the content of the message.
    PS — is there something wrong with being uneducated? ?? even those without formal schooling can still be "smart.