Your a bad speller.

Via
on Nov 26, 2010
get elephant's newsletter

And yes, “its” embarrassing.

Find the typo. Please:

Via the Whoa.

About elephant journal

Comments

27 Responses to “Your a bad speller.”

1. elephantjournal says:

You nailed it. That said, capitalize the first word in a sentence…and, elipses only have three dots, not one two three four five six seven with a random space after 'em…come on! ~ Waylon

2. Kimberly Johnson kajyoga says:

you're.
    i can't help the smarty pants in me.

3. ARCreated says:

elipses…..have as many dots as you need to get your point across :) or to emphasize a particularly long pause….. :)

creativity can be utilized in writing to. sometimes capitilization is a choice. as are sentence fragments. You know what cured me of being too worried about spelling and grammar etc? having a brilliant, yet dyslexic son. You find that misplaced and misspelled words don't always mean laziness, lack of intelligence or any other thought process that often goes through our heads. As a reformed grammar nazi I understand the urge, but the point is to communicate and sometimes that takes a different form than what we "expect".
    (for the record if I am going to put something on a poster I would probably have it "proofed" for such errors as seen above) But in the end maybe its about letting go — even here…:) Last time I checked we are human and get to be imperfect and make mistakes? Just sayin

4. Leigh Ann says:

It drives me nuts when people don't know the difference between your and you're! Oy.

5. Adriana says:

"Your" title of the article gave it away. <:-) Way too easy…

6. Tobye Hillier yogi tobye says:

there, they're, their… its, it's… you say tomato… I say bite my shiny metal arse!

7. Jeani says:

I saw the "your" / "you're" right away, and yes the title gave it away but "it's" embarrassing, as well. 😉

8. candicegarrett says:

Or how about inappropriate apostrophe usage! and "it's" versus "its."

Have you seen this: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

or this http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe

love the oatmeal.com!

9. jennifer says:

Foe Sell. Yard Sell. Sell = Sale around this neck of the woods!

10. Diana Mercer diana says:

oh dear.

11. CynthiaKQB says:

Anxious v. eager; news anchors screw that up ALL THE TIME!

12. Patricia says:

What about "suppose to" and "could of"?