Via on May 9, 2012

She’s a very cool lady.

Something so poignant occurred—she thanked me. This light filled 93-year-old, beautiful, intelligent, sharp, woman, thanked me (three times) for being patient with her while she got into her poses and we made art together.

Where do I have to be? What do I have to do? Who am I not to be patient?

Master Tao Porchon Lynch, a 93-year-old yoga master, ballroom dancer, oenophile (lover of wine) and former actress and model will be inducted into the Guinness Book of World Records for being the oldest living yoga teacher—this Sunday, May 13, Mother’s Day. Inspiration beyond comprehension.

Patience—the gift that gives so much back.

“And still, after all this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth,
‘You owe me.’
Look what happens with love like that.
It lights up the sky.”
~ Hafiz

Have a sweet Mother’s Day.

~ You can learn a lot more about Master Tao here ~

~ Follow Sturman’s Art journey here ~

~ For more of Robert Sturman’s photo series of various wonderful yoga teachers (plus, a few videos in the mix).

93 and lookin' good

Like elephant yoga on Facebook.

~

Editor: Kate Bartolotta

About elephant journal

136 Responses to “A Meeting In Central Park With The Oldest Living Yoga Teacher In The World. ~ Photographed by Robert Sturman”

1. joan taylor says:

Fantastic I wish I could download "Life will break you" to show to combat vets suffering with PTSD. Thank you so much, a of croare "oldest yoga teacher, s an inspiration to all my students, including myself, 65 yo is a teenager….

2. Great work! That is the kind of information that are meant to be shared around the web.
    Shame on the search engines for now not positioning this
    submit higher! Come on over and discuss with my website .
    Thanks =)

3. models Dubai says:

I think very difficult to take out these posing manner in old age & i not believe this posing are original.Anyway you take out a good shots & this is only a yoga master in the old years.

4. Jyoti Hansa says:

My Guru, BKS Iyengar, world known author of LIGHT ON YOGA, LIGHT ON PRANAYAMA, LIGHT ON THE YOGA SUTRAS and many other remarkable books is a practicing yogi and master teacher turned 94 on December 14th. His birthday was celebrated by many in Pune, India where he resides and during travels to his birthplace in Bellur.

5. Sarah says:

Wow… amazing! My Guru always remind me and all of His students that age is not a barrier. Good to see this beautiful lady proving the point.

6. “A Meeting In Central Park With The Oldest
    Living Yoga Teacher In The World. ~ Photographed by Robert Sturman | elephant journal”
    was in fact honestly pleasurable and insightful! Within
    todays world that’s tricky to do. Thanks, Vicki

7. audio says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author for your site. You have some really great posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d love to write some
    articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please blast me an e-mail if interested. Thank you!

8. Karen says:

Mother has just shown us that there is no excuse! If she can be like that at the age of 93, we have to try our best also!

9. Cristina says:

gorgeous! and so inspiring!

10. [...] to Robert for graciously allowing us to share some of his portraits of Master Tao from their May 2012 Red Shoot in Central Park. After turning 94 in August 2012, she did a second shoot – the Blue Shoot [...]

11. This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post.
    Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks!

12. Gilda says:

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring
    a blog article or vice-versa? My website discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you’re interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!

13. It’s the best time to make some plans for the long run and it’s

time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I may I wish to recommend you some interesting

things or advice. Maybe you can write subsequent articles

referring to this article. I desire to read more things about

it!

14. Wow, this post is nice, my younger sister is analyzing such things,
    therefore I am going to let know her.

15. booberry thomas says:

booooooooooooo. i bet she cant hold that plank for more than 5 minutes.

16. Mrs Boss Lady says:

Love this.

17. Raine says:

:) Truly truly beautiful…

18. Great items from you, man. I’ve be mindful your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I really like what you have obtained here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which during which you say it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to learn much more from
    you. That is really a tremendous website.

19. Kapsels 2013 says:

Wow, lookin good for her age!

20. Allison says:

Very beautiful and lovely pictures. How does Tao Porchon Lynch still can do that !! it's amazing
    i like it :) +1

21. Damn that dress is beautifull

22. Ed Freeman says:

One more reason (and do we ever need them!) not to lose faith in the human race…

23. Kat says:

She is awesome and beautiful

24. LOIS says:

She look young she must have live a good .i love that red dress I thank I will try yoga .