Apple cider and vegan chocolate chip cookie recipes.
It’s a blustery cool day in Florida, and perfect for making apple cider and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies but with an all natural and vegan twist. I decided to make hot apple cider in my grandmother’s cauldron, and vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
Here’s the recipes:
Hot Apple Cider
There is no need for store bought cider. Dump a bunch of apples into a crock pot or cauldron and cook on high for about four hours.
What you’ll need:
- >> 12 apples, cored and quartered—can be any kind. I used an array.
- >> 4 cinnamon sticks
- >> 1 tbsp whole cloves
- >> ½ tsp allspice
- >> pinch of ground ginger
- >> 1 sliced orange
Now lets get to the good stuff.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you’ll need:
- >> 1 cup whole wheat flour
- >> ½ cup old fashioned oats
- >> 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- >> ½ teaspoon baking soda
- >> ½ teaspoon sea salt
- >> pinch of ground nutmeg
- >> ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- >> 1 cup stevia
- >> ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- >> ½ tablespoon ground flaxseed
- >> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- >> ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips, I like Enjoy Life brand
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, nutmeg) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, flaxseed and vanilla) in a separate mixing bowl.
- Stir in ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a spoon or your fingers. Cookies won’t spread very much so don’t worry about spacing.
- Bake about 15 min
Snuggle up, watch some football and enjoy.
Heidi Templeton is a Tampa Bay Area yoga instructor specializing in vinyasa, hot and standup paddle board yoga. When she’s not practicing asana, you can find her in the kitchen cooking up vegetarian dishes. Heidi is sharing her love for all things health and wellness on facebook.com/HeidiFit.
Editor: Maja Despot
Like elephant Food on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 384 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 170 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 392 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 1,007 share Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 9 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 8,185 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,790 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,374 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 6,133 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,928 shares