Skip Cosmo and Men’s Health.
It’s just the same advice month after month anyway, and most of it is useless. It would be time better spent to consider how to be a bit more civilized, a little more refined and brush up on our manners. Because after all…
Instead of recycled tips on how to be better in bed, 10 simple rules all ladies and gentlemen need to follow:
1. Be polite to everyone. Kindness costs nothing and has infinite dividends.
2. A smile goes with everything.
3. Write letters—the real kind. It’s a dying art form.
4. Be on time. Punctuality shows the person waiting for you that you respect him.
5. “Please” and “thank you” are always in style. Use often.
6. Put down your cell phone when you are talking to another human being in person.
7. There are times when disheveled and relaxed is exactly the right thing. But when in doubt:
8. It doesn’t matter if you use the wrong fork or glass. It does matter if you are rude to the server.
9. Nearly everything is better in red: wine, lips, shoes, tie, toenails, roses.
10. Know when it’s time to break the rules.
Like elephant journal on Facebook.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,377 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,485 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,021 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 9,666 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,962 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 152 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,242 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,736 share The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,824 share