Skip Cosmo and Men’s Health.
It’s just the same advice month after month anyway, and most of it is useless. It would be time better spent to consider how to be a bit more civilized, a little more refined and brush up on our manners. Because after all…
Instead of recycled tips on how to be better in bed, 10 simple rules all ladies and gentlemen need to follow:
1. Be polite to everyone. Kindness costs nothing and has infinite dividends.
2. A smile goes with everything.
3. Write letters—the real kind. It’s a dying art form.
4. Be on time. Punctuality shows the person waiting for you that you respect him.
5. “Please” and “thank you” are always in style. Use often.
6. Put down your cell phone when you are talking to another human being in person.
7. There are times when disheveled and relaxed is exactly the right thing. But when in doubt:
8. It doesn’t matter if you use the wrong fork or glass. It does matter if you are rude to the server.
9. Nearly everything is better in red: wine, lips, shoes, tie, toenails, roses.
10. Know when it’s time to break the rules.
Like elephant journal on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years.