Clean It Up: 6 Ways to Hit the Reset Button for Your Life.

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.4
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
55 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
373.6k

NortonFC

I’ve been doing a bit of detoxing lately—in my mind, in my spirit, and in my physical life.

It’s something more akin to purging, actually, like early spring cleaning in my house, or something.

I feel pulled from the very pit of my core to cleanse. To remove myself of all that doesn’t serve me. To minimalize. To start over, again, fresh.

This is no accident.

The universe is reminding me that in order to move forward, I must first let go, and not to fall, but instead to climb.

To receive. To see and feel something new. To grow into my new skin.

To use the old as a launch-point from which I can push off, arms outstretched, heart forward, that I might dive headfirst into a new vibration.

I’ve been here a time or two before, and I didn’t listen. I’ve stood on the precipice of change and looked down and refused to budge.

Choosing to stay in a place I didn’t like simply because I didn’t know where else to stand, or if I’d really like it there.

Remaining stubbornly atop a pile of possessions, statuses, accomplishments and perceptions that I was certain represented me, and thereby my worth, and that I simply couldn’t live without.

And then, I woke up.

I surrendered. I listened. I let go. The cleaning began, and with it, came the healing. And with that, my life really started.

I stopped saying no to the universe, and I remembered that:

How you do anything, is how you do everything.

If your house is a disorganized mess, so then likely is your life. If your storage area is filled with boxes stuffed with your past, then you are probably also physically holding on to those emotions and wounds too.

If you are ignoring financial obligations, playing the role of the ostrich in your reality, most likely you are shortchanging yourself from prosperity in more than just your bank account.

If your calendar is so very full you have to check it just to see if you have time to make a phone call to a friend, there’s very good chance you are also experiencing adrenal fatigue.

If you consistently ignore the fundamental chores and repairs in your home, then you’re probably also not meeting your basic emotional needs. Just like the clogged bathroom sink you’ve avoided dealing with for a month, your emotions are likely starting to back up, and eventually, they too will flood.

Look around, see what’s in front of you, examine your household habits, then ask yourself— where else does that show up in my life?

I’ll bet you won’t be surprised by the answers, not really. I sure wasn’t. Humbled, certainly. Relieved, a bit, actually. Grateful to accept my reality so that I could begin to make changes in my world.

I was finally ready to hit the giant life restart button.

Chances are good you are too, but, well, change can be scary. However, everything good lies on the other side of fear.

Take a breath, fill up your soul with courage, then set your life on fire, right now.

Ready? Try this:

The Restart Sequence

1. Acknowledge the past, all of it, the lessons, the blessings, the pain, all that has led you to right here in this moment.
  2. Release all that no longer serves you, and mean it. Record and then literally ignite it. Know that as each burden burns away in written form, so it does in you. It’s gone. Done. Over. Let it be not your fuel, but instead only a spark that lit your fire.
  3. Clean and polish. Go through your belongings and rid yourself of the incomplete and wanting. If it’s broken, doesn’t work, or is missing parts throw it out. If you don’t use it, give it away. If it’s unfinished, clear some space to resolve it or remove it from your list. Lighten your metaphorical and literal loads.
  4. Express your gratitude to the universe, thanking the Divine for all it has provided thus far. Return to the good. Sit in it. Meditate. Envision your life as you want it to be. See it, touch it, taste it, smell it, feel it. Create a mental imprint of your future, a marker for your soul to find.
  5. Declare who and what you want to manifest now. Announce it. Write it down. Own it. Be bold and unapologetic in your claim. It’s already yours.
  6. Take positive action right now. Make a mantra, chose a word, create an emblem or symbol that will remind you, again and again, and then again, of what you want.

Now, wait and watch while continuing to move forward in intention. What you want is coming. Be ready. Hands and heart open, always.

Love elephant and want to go steady?

Sign up for our (curated) daily and weekly newsletters!

Author: Michelle Sweezey

Editor: Travis May

Photo: Movie Still; Jenavieve/Flickr

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.4
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
55 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
373.6k

Read The Best Articles of November
You voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares.
CLICK TO SEE WHO WON

Michelle Sweezey

Michelle Sweezey Michelle is a recovering overacheiver, mama to two spunky small people, and spiritual gangster wannabe. A lifelong athlete, she has been running since her feet first hit the ground. After discovering the transformative power of yoga Michelle began a dedicated practice as a student and set her intention on sharing it with the world through teaching. When she’s not facilitating the development of bodies and minds somewhere, she is probably writing about it in a coffee shop. Laugh with (at?) her on her blog.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Create an account.

anonymous Feb 16, 2016 10:19pm

Blessings and Namaste!!! I was going to buy a 3000 dollar shed to put my stuff in. Now I shall donate my old memories tied to material items and take the 3000 and travel to create new memories
❤️

anonymous Feb 16, 2016 11:11am

I love this and pretty much in the process of or am always working on all but number 5; has been my struggle for a long time, i don’t know what I want to manifest, or what my calling is…

anonymous Oct 26, 2015 8:42pm

Great read, thank you 🙂

anonymous Oct 22, 2015 7:18am

This is great advice but WAY EASIER SAID THAN DONE! no real tools and how to really begin this. Its very overwhelmingly.

anonymous Jun 29, 2015 1:40am

Thanks. Right on time

anonymous Jun 28, 2015 6:42pm

Thank you – exactly what I needed to hear now!

anonymous Jun 28, 2015 10:17am

This was a fantastic article! Best one I’ve read so far! So many people think this is so far out of there reach and don’t realize how freeing it truly is. You have to break down the mountain of fear, but when you’re on the other side of that mountain life finally begins! I’m doing it right now and I have been on an amazing journey and I can’t wait to see what the Universe has in store for me! Lots of love to you!

anonymous May 23, 2015 6:08am

Thank you for creating this website Michelle. You have inspired, motivated and helped many that struggle with finding where they fit in this challenging and stressful world. Especially our loved ones born in this generation.

A grateful mother

anonymous May 23, 2015 8:03am

Thank you Aida! Elephant Journal's founder is Waylon Lewis and Michelle is one of our wonderful writers!!

anonymous May 19, 2015 1:55pm

Sounds a lot like the 40 Day Personal Reboot that I took during the winter. Especially some of your sayings, are taken word for word.

anonymous Jun 10, 2015 4:18pm

I'm not familiar with the program Donna, but I have done a whole lot of study as I've engaged in learning about myself, my world, and how to move forward with light. This is one summary of what I've learned along the way, in my words.

anonymous May 6, 2015 9:15pm

I have been trying to figure out why I’m so unmotivated to do anything in my life, and I think you hit the nail on the head. I’ve been so focused on everything that has happened in my life, my past. I keep thinking about how terrible those things were and how could I possibly go on. But I will never go on if I keep thinking about them! I need to let it all go and refocus my energy to a new start. I need to start doing all the things that will positively affect my life and not just stay stuck in this rut.

You’ve inspired me! Thank you so much.

anonymous May 9, 2015 4:39pm

Only way out is through. One step at a time.

anonymous Feb 9, 2015 11:38am

I am sitting here crying because this is exactly what I needed to hear today.

anonymous May 9, 2015 4:39pm

I'm glad you found it helpful.

anonymous Feb 7, 2015 2:05am

Am doing this as we speak and making room for the new, but with a more rigorous approach to collecting things, which invariably replace what you purge now.
great article.

anonymous May 9, 2015 4:37pm

hoping you've been able to replace with things you love. 🙂

anonymous Jan 26, 2015 9:23am

Thank you for this article! It's always great to do a reset. I especially like #2… Release all that no longer serves you, and MEAN IT. It feels so amazing to truly let go of the past.

anonymous Jan 27, 2015 10:07pm

It does! I feel better just reading that Ashley. 😀

anonymous Jan 17, 2015 11:34am

Wonderful piece, Thank you Michelle

anonymous Jan 10, 2015 4:45am

Thank you – This is awesome timing…..I am starting a new love affair with the universe at the moment, shifting some blocks and trusting she has my back 🙂
One other thing that I have found helpful is to have a monthly healing treatment such as Reiki or Life Alignment.

anonymous Jan 5, 2015 8:46pm

Thank you…just what I needed to read (and do) at the exact moment I needed to see it.

anonymous Jan 6, 2015 11:11am

Funny thing, that universe, always seems to know what we need. 😉 Now to just trust and let it provide. . .

Jen Hajime Apr 15, 2017 5:14pm

I hear you. I just returned to NYC after 2.5 months mixed travel on the west coast - living in a van for a monthfor a traveling animal rights campaign, petsitting, and living between friends. Was such a reset. A life detox. And now my mind is clear to re-prioritize and reevaluate how I am going to live my life. http://nynomads.com/2017/04/whats-next-back-in-nyc/