As a writer, words have a way of inspiring me and shooting straight to my soul.
Words can serve as a pick-me-up when I am feeling down.
Quotes hold the promise of others who have been through similar waters and overcame challenging circumstances. They are a beautiful expression of our thoughts and feelings, especially at times when our own words seem to fail us.
Famous words quoted past and present are a constant in this ever changing world. They are something that we can always count on and they can bring us comfort, just like an old friend.
These words—which are so beautifully sewn together—have gotten me through some of the hardest times, helped me learn to accept myself and taught me what true love feels like before I was given the pleasure of experiencing it firsthand.
These are the 25 quotes that are near and dear to my heart.
- “You could never tell me who to be. I have earned these wings. My freedom is the only thing that matters to me.” ~ Mia Hollow
- “Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” ~ Kahlil Gibran
- “Dead people receive more flowers than the living because regret is stronger than gratitude.” ~ Anne Frank
- “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” ~ Unknown
- “It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” ~ Rumi
- “A real man is one that doesn’t feel the need to dim the light of his woman in order to make himself feel brighter.” ~ Ronda Rousey
- “I used to be afraid of the pain letting go of the past would cause; until I realized how much pain holding on has caused.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “That’s always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they’re pretty. It’s like picking your breakfast cereals based on color instead of taste.” ~ John Green
- “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in one drop.” ~ Rumi
- “The best thing you could do is master the chaos in you. You are not thrown into the fire, you are the fire.” ~ Mama Indigo
- “One by one, I drowned all the people I’d been.” ~ Conor Oberst
- “But that’s the way my love is going to be. A little bit messy, completely confused. But it’s real.” ~ Lauren Layne
- “I looked in temples, churches, and mosques. But I found the divine within my heart.” ~ Rumi
- “People generally see what they look for and hear what they listen for.” ~ To Kill A Mockingbird
- “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” ~ Roald Dahl
- “Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?” ~ Unknown
- “Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another.” ~ Romans 12:10
- “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” ~ C.S. Lewis
- “He’s more myself that I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” ~ Emily Bronte
- “I believe in kindness, also in mischief.” ~ Mary Oliver
- “Integrity is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching.” ~ C.S. Lewis
- “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” ~ John F. Kennedy
- “May your life preach more loudly than your lips.” ~ William Channing
- “I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren’t pretty, or smart, or young. They’re still princesses. All of us are.” ~ A Little Princess
- “I give up freely what is no longer serving me. I release it to create space for what inspires me.” ~ Unknown
Finding a connection to others through the beautifully crafted quilt of words helps soothe our wild and restless hearts and remind us that we are not alone in the fight against our emotions. Quotes are a refuge, and something we can seek comfort in them as words keep us inspired and are one thing that will most certainly live forever.
Please feel free to share the beautiful words that are closest to your hearts below.