View this post on Instagram
I’ve always been an avid reader.
However, self-help books were never my thing until my sister came back from Nepal in 2014 with a stack of books that I knew would change my life forever.
Back then, I was a materialistic party girl who knew a thing or two about religion, but had no clue what spirituality was. When my supervisor at work simultaneously recommended the same books that my sister got me, I took it as a sign and gave it a shot.
Robin Sharma has become the first guru to help me take the first step on a spiritual journey that would eventually lead me to my path. Ever since, I can humbly say that I’ve read every single book, including the guides, that Robin Sharma has ever written—most recently The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life.
My motto in life is something that my guru has once said: “Read more, learn more, laugh more, and love more.”
Here are 25 Robin Sharma quotes to read and learn from. Here’s to hoping we will laugh and love more during and after:
1. “Forgiving someone who has wronged you is actually a selfish act rather than a selfless one.”
2. “What distinguishes people with an extraordinary character from the rest of us is how they respond when life sends one of its inevitable curves.”
3. “I knew I had to change, so I decided to listen to my heart and do it in a very dramatic way.”
4. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
5. “You will never be able to eliminate a weakness you don’t even know about. The first step to eliminating a negative habit is to become aware of it.”
6. “If everyone would sweep their own doorstep, the whole world will be clean.”
7. “And no matter what you are experiencing in your life right now, trust that all is good and unfolding in your best interests. It may not look pretty, but it is exactly what you need to learn for you to grow into the person you have been destined to become.”
8. “We walk this planet for such a short time. In the overall scheme of things, our lives are mere blips on the canvas of eternity. So have the wisdom to enjoy the journey and savor the process.”
9. “Fear is nothing more than a mental monster you have created, a negative stream of consciousness.”
10. “If you hadn’t gone through everything you’ve gone through, there’s no way in the world you’d be ready to hear what I’ve come here to teach you. Life’s had to break you down so you could be rebuilt better.”
11. “At the end of our lives, we mostly regret the risks we didn’t take, the dreams we didn’t do and the love we failed to give. If those things are going to be important to you at the end, make them important to you right now.”
12. “The conversations you are most resisting are the conversations you most need to be having.”
13. “Living the same week a few thousand times and calling it a life. I need to tell you that too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.”
14. “A bad day for the ego is a good day for the soul.”
15. “Every person and every experience comes to us to teach us the lesson we most need to learn at that particular point of our journey. We can either awaken to this act of nature, or we can turn a blind eye to it and, in doing so, keep repeating the mistakes of the past until the pain becomes so great that we have no choice but to change.”
16. “That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet.”
17. “Suffering has always been a vehicle for deep spiritual growth. Those who have endured great suffering are generally the ones who evolve into great beings. Those who have been deeply hurt by life are generally the ones who can feel the pain of others in a heartbeat. Those who have endured adversity become humbled by life, and as a result, are more open, compassionate and real.”
18. “Books simply help you to see what is already within yourself. That’s what enlightenment is all about.”
19. “Look at the toxic waste that most people put into the fertile garden of their minds every single day: the worries and anxieties, the fretting about the past, the brooding over the future and those self-created fears that wreak havoc within your inner world.”
20. “The farmer has patience and trusts the process. He just has the faith and deep understanding that through his daily efforts, the harvest will come. And then one day, almost out of nowhere, it does.”
21. “Life doesn’t always give you what you ask for, but it always gives you what you need.”
22. “The richest person in the world, I’ve since discovered, isn’t the person who has the most but the one who needs the least.”
23. “Remember, there are no real failures in life, only results. There are no true tragedies, only lessons. And there really are no problems, only opportunities waiting to be recognized as solutions by the person of wisdom.”
24. “Mistakes are part of life and essential for growth.”
25. “But your past is a place to be learned from, not a home to be lived in.”